Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrossco

Quote from: "paterdave2"That is a great idea turn the ride around but I think that for that they need complete new trains wich I think are a little bit to expencive for our beloved park.

sorry, unsure why they would need new trains since the current trains will still be doing the same as they do just in a diffrent order so they would not need new trains for this they would just start the other dirction to which they currently start
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

SophieD

I like the idea of turning the ride around!! You end up with the best bit last instead of the beginning!!
What would you have as the new trains? How could you design them?? x
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Adam

Actually, you might need to at least modify them if you went the other way round, as the doors only open one side.

dagobert

Quote from: "Adam"Actually, you might need to at least modify them if you went the other way round, as the doors only open one side.

I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken, the doors open on both sides. At least it looks like that on my pictures.

Martyn

According to that unofficial rehab list thing I checked, the Studio Tram is closing from the 3rd Jan, to the 11th Feb... Thats quite a while considering the 3 months maintenance it had last year.

SophieD

I quite like the STT trains.. the seats could be more comfortable though and they desperatly need to redo the onboard movie with Jeremy Irons!!  :thumbs:
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Festival Disney

"On the upcoming set they're shooting blah blah blah... it's extremely dangerous and completely off limits"
Gotta love that corny script and the Ironsmeister! :lol:
And the music thats played drives me insane! Worse than IASW in my books  :P
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken, the doors open on both sides. At least it looks like that on my pictures.
Yeah I think they must do. It would have been spectacularly short-sighted (even for the Disney of 2001/2002) to only fit opening doors on one side! They'll need a bloody good oiling though.

You'd have an incredibly drawn-out crawl back to the station after Catastrophe Canyon if you switched the direction, I'm not sure it'd necessarily make much difference to the overall satisfaction levels. Other issues might be the trams having to drive on the left, and if there's any equipment on the station itself which would need to be moved to the other end. I'm also not entirely sure how easy it is to switch the order of the videos - how do they work again? Is it more complicated than pressing a button?

It's a shame this Sony Ericsson sponsorship hasn't changed anything.

SophieD

Editing the video would be easy. Its just a matter of reshuffling cues! It would be editing the music which would pose difficulties especially if there is dialogue over the music.. it would cause all sorts of problems with continuity! (but thats my film student knowledge talking!)
@FestivalDisney I know exactly what you mean about that music!! Its does get stuck in your head.. I have it playing in my head as I write this!!
Its such a shame that the costumes aren't part of the tour anymore.. I wonder if they could change this at all or is Toy Story Playland way to close??
x
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

Adam

Have a look at this photo - http://lh3.ggpht.com/_nZNK-cJVFUg/Skc3f ... C06191.JPG

Whilst both doors look the same, only one side is able to open, as there is no mechanism on the other from this photo. If I remember correctly, the other side is sealed up.

I can't be sure this is 100% correct, as it is not the sort of thing you take a photo of!

dagobert

Adam, it seems you are right. There is no opening mechanism on the other side, but I think it shouldn't be a big problem to add it.

SophieD

As you say dagobert it doesn't look difficult to add those mechanisms to the other side..
Instead of changing the doors could a simple addition of a small round-a-bout do? Or would the train be too big to swing round?? (I'm not a driver lol)  :lol:  :lol:
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

davewasbaloo

There is a much more simple answer if they wanted to do this. simply turn the engine around to pull from the other end (and create a new film sequence, the current one doesn't make any sense since the [strike:1sqr5zeh]abomination[/strike:1sqr5zeh] addition of TSPL anyway.
since 2001 (many before that)

Martyn

Quote from: "Adam"Have a look at this photo - http://lh3.ggpht.com/_nZNK-cJVFUg/Skc3f ... C06191.JPG

Whilst both doors look the same, only one side is able to open, as there is no mechanism on the other from this photo. If I remember correctly, the other side is sealed up.

I can't be sure this is 100% correct, as it is not the sort of thing you take a photo of!

If you zoom in on that pic, you can actually see the arms that would open the doors....

Adam

@davewasbaloo - I doubt they would allow that, as that would mean people going backwards.
@Martyn - the arms are there, but no hydraulics to open the doors.