Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paterdave2

I'm afraid that I don't have one for you at the moment.
Perhaps someone else has made a picture of it.
if not than you have to wait till June because we are planning a trip than.

Does anybody know whet the price for new port bay is around that time, we want to stay there this time.
(it's one of the 2 hotels I've never been too)
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

RiverRogue

I thought I'd reply to the topiary questions as I hadn't seen them earlier.....

Nothing has been moved from Fantasyland or Fantasia Gardens (where you can find the Hyacinth Hippo topiary); what you see on the Tram Tour are topiaries "in training"... that is, plants being grown into shape, to be put into the park later.

SophieD

so with all the closures happening soon with STT does anyone know what this is for?? Are they adding/updating things or is just just plain maintenance?  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

paterdave2

What closure?? Did I miss something?
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

SophieD

on the closure/refurbishment list for January and February it states that STT will be closed from 3rd-31st Jan and 1st-11th Feb  :(
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

paterdave2

Well than I think they are going for the normal refurb and won't be adding something big. 1and a half mont is a to short periode to build some new addition to the ride (wich I think it sertanlly needs)
So I think the trains get some new software(like when I was there the movie said the ride was still sponsored by orange instead of sony ericcson) perhaps some new cars etc but not something really big.

phantom247

This is more likley to be because of heavy earthworks that require constant access to the area for removal of Earth and foundations before the tower cranes are installed in the Ratatoolie Area.

SophieD

@Paterdave2 I agree 1 and a half months isn't enough time to build anything new unfortunately... I wish it was though!!
@phantom247 I never even thought of that!! Is the new ratatouille paris street near STT?? I haven't been there yet =(
x
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

Festival Disney

Quote from: "SophieD"Is the new Ratatouille Paris street near STT?? I haven't been there yet =(
If you look at the following picture, the Ratty street is right in front of the cream coloured building (costuming dept.) and the attraction itself will be located to the left of it:

Here it is from another perspective. The rat ride will be at the end of the street :)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

SophieD

ah!! I see!! Thanks Festival Disney for the pics!!

I do think something drastic has to happen in STT (don't get me wrong, I love the ride) Its the whole dragon and fire aspect in the second part of the tour which is most dissapointing!! But I don't know what they could do to liven it up a little!! :? x
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

DopeyDad

a dragon?

JelleP

^That's an idea... ;-)

But if they start with the Reign of Fire set, they could make the Catastrophe Canyon set the 'grand final'.
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

paterdave2

That is a great idea turn the ride around but I think that for that they need complete new trains wich I think are a little bit to expencive for our beloved park.

JelleP

Why would they need new trains?
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Adam

I think that is a great idea. However, it could do with something new! It is still one of my favourites in WDS.