Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Reiana"Yes, it was still black, but I would have never recoginzed it if you hadn't mentioned it here.
And for the 60 min wait. The whole last week I was there, waiting time was never longer the 15min with at least 4 trams operating.

That's much better, see what a big difference those trams can make?
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

The only problem with running more trams at the moment is that they end up having to wait around to pass each other. The new route between the station and Dinotopia doesn't seem wide enough for two to pass, I wonder if that'll change when the construction walls go?

Reiana

They slow down a bit at the dinosaur props, not the Dionotopia set and pass each other very slowly.
The only short stop was on the retour route where the car park of the old movie cars is. But even this stop wasn't longer then one or two minutes.
Tram Tour is a bit boring at the moment, because of the very loooooooong blue fence, but there where no major problems in operation.

TR_Wolf

I like the tram tour, but it needs more to it. Aside Catastrophe Canyon it's basically driving past some random non descript props from productions no one really knows of. They need some more bigger props, sets, special effects, I dunno just a bit more to it.

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

The Butlin Boy

Now this is quite interesting. From the Disneyland Paris Website:

QuoteRehabs and Closures
Studio Tram Tour
Closed in March 2010
Closed in April 2010

Could this be the sign of some improvements coming soon, or will just be for Toy Story Playland Construction? Even if it is for the latter, they might just as well make some changes at the same time because let's face it, STT isn't exactly great is it?! :roll:

Kristof

From what I've seen it's mostly for Toy Story Playland and a rehab of Reign of Fire and Catastrophe Canyon.  Nothing seems to indicate they're adding props or things like that.

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Now this is quite interesting. From the Disneyland Paris Website:

QuoteRehabs and Closures
Studio Tram Tour
Closed in March 2010
Closed in April 2010

Could this be the sign of some improvements coming soon, or will just be for Toy Story Playland Construction? Even if it is for the latter, they might just as well make some changes at the same time because let's face it, STT isn't exactly great is it?! :roll:

Fingers crossed - I am not hoping for new stuff, but perhaps making the "new" route a bit better and more exciting by moving some stuff around...
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Kristof

Just uploaded this to Twitter and WDSfans.  I've been notified the Tram Tour will close for 3 months, from 1th March 'till 30 May 2010...

bigrossco

very intresting since it was originaly going to be 1st - 15th! they must be doing some kind of work on it for it to be closed that long! wonder what!!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

smurfy74

hopefully they will use this time to fix catastrophe canyon and make it look as good as it should  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<

Owain

WOW ! 3 Months ! I cannot say anything more  :lol:

Anthony

Perhaps this is when the parts for RC Racer and perhaps Toy Soldiers will be arriving. A crane will be need for that, right? Parking it on the STT route would be easy, if it can support the weight.

Though it's a bit disappointing we'll probably not get anything new (not even a retheme of Dinotopia to Prince of Persia? Come on!) a refurb of Catastrophe Canyon is fantastic news. Hopefully the trams themselves will also get some work done, so they can stop running them half empty where the doors have broken...

Aveen2008

i'll keep my fingers crossed that it might be for improvements on the studio tram tour anyway...it needs it so badly!!

of the whole thing i think castastrophe canyon needs the least work as the rest of the ride is awful!!(IMO)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Anthony"Perhaps this is when the parts for RC Racer and perhaps Toy Soldiers will be arriving. A crane will be need for that, right? Parking it on the STT route would be easy, if it can support the weight.

Though it's a bit disappointing we'll probably not get anything new (not even a retheme of Dinotopia to Prince of Persia? Come on!) a refurb of Catastrophe Canyon is fantastic news. Hopefully the trams themselves will also get some work done, so they can stop running them half empty where the doors have broken...

That would be the logical thing to do, However we have learnt in the past that DLP dont really like killing 2 birds with 1 stone...
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

smurfy74

the canyon has lost all its colour and the lorry looks like its been burnt a few too many times - not good, i hope they will update it too