Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton 2010)

Started by peep, November 16, 2007, 02:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peep

Stephen Fry and Christopher Lee!!!!

OMG, this is like, the best actor line up for a film EVER.

I'm still not sure on Depp's Hatter but I'm sure it will be interesting and suit the film perfectly.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Captain Pan"One of them Has to be the Narrator... Here's Hoping Its Sir Stephen as he's FRYtifully amazing!

that was a FRYtifully bad joke there Pan :lol:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Clarebelle"
Quote from: "Captain Pan"One of them Has to be the Narrator... Here's Hoping Its Sir Stephen as he's FRYtifully amazing!

that was a FRYtifully bad joke there Pan :lol:

:oops:  :oops:  Now I feel Embarrassed!  :oops:  :oops:

But Stephen is Amazing as Narrators... [strike:zbp9kmh0]Look[/strike:zbp9kmh0]... Listen to the Harry Potter Books.. and then Adverts for Numerous products... Stephen just has the best voice for Narrative ever... Although Christopher Lee is Really Good Too!

never2old

I agree with you CP, Fry would make a brilliant narrator. The Harry Potter books are brilliant, I listen to them regularly... Having him in a Burton movie could really be quite something!!

Masamune

OK, I'm not one to put much stock in the excited ramblings of Wikipedia...but after seeing the current line-up listed on Wikipedia for Alice in Wonderland, I dare to believe! If this current list of cast and characters is true, I can officially die happy (after seeing the film of course).

Mia Wasikowska as Alice
Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter
Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen
Anne Hathaway as the White Queen
Michael Sheen as the White Rabbit
Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar.
Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat
Matt Lucas as Tweedledum and Tweedledee
Crispin Glover as the Knave of Hearts
Christopher Lee as the Jabberwock
Noah Taylor as the March Hare
Barbara Windsor as the Dormouse
Timothy Spall as the Bloodhound
Eleanor Tomlinson as Fiona Chataway
Jemma Powell as Alice's Sister

STEPHEN FRY AS THE CHESHIRE CAT MAKES ME HAPPY. Micheal Sheen as the White Rabbit instead of the Cheshire Cat MAKES ME HAPPY. :lol: And Christopher Lee as the Jabberwock makes me scream like a schoolgirl.

:P I'm crossing my fingers that the above list is true.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Masamune"OK, I'm not one to put much stock in the excited ramblings of Wikipedia...but after seeing the current line-up listed on Wikipedia for Alice in Wonderland, I dare to believe! If this current list of cast and characters is true, I can officially die happy (after seeing the film of course).

Mia Wasikowska as Alice
Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter
Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen
Anne Hathaway as the White Queen
Michael Sheen as the White Rabbit
Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar.
Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat
Matt Lucas as Tweedledum and Tweedledee
Crispin Glover as the Knave of Hearts
Christopher Lee as the Jabberwock
Noah Taylor as the March Hare
Barbara Windsor as the Dormouse
Timothy Spall as the Bloodhound
Eleanor Tomlinson as Fiona Chataway
Jemma Powell as Alice's Sister

STEPHEN FRY AS THE CHESHIRE CAT MAKES ME HAPPY. Micheal Sheen as the White Rabbit instead of the Cheshire Cat MAKES ME HAPPY. :lol: And Christopher Lee as the Jabberwock makes me scream like a schoolgirl.

:P I'm crossing my fingers that the above list is true.

Now your not the only one to have heard rumours and read the slight change in cast,
but I hadn't heard of Fry and Lee's roles, I knew Michael Was Changing to a role which I do believe will suit him better, but there was still no need for you to strike him off without properly observing his work!

Hearing that Fry as the Cheshire Cat, it will be remarkably strange cause of his awefully strong English Accent... and his prominence in Movie isn't as strong as it is in TV. But then Sir Stephen has always been remarkably good at anything he's done.

However
What one must do is wait and see particularly with Wikipedia... Check the Citation as fans can manipulate what they wish. Unfortunately  imdb.com Still Lists both Fry and Lee as Unnamed Characters, and our Michael as the Cat. Sorry.

But as I have myself a minor source on this movie, I might be able to fetch home a few bits of info... as Master Sheen Should be returning to our valley for a short time as he promotes and attends the Premiere of Frost/Nixon, in which he plays David Frost

Masamune

:P Hence why I'm crossing my fingers. Since it's Wikipedia, it could very well not be true. I'd be very happy if it was, but I won't get my hopes up fully until it's confirmed. :)

Agent Lex

According to the D23 site, Alice will be coming out next March... in IMAX 3D!

http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/03310 ... eImax.html

Masamune

:o Woooooo! Although, since I'm short-sighted, 3D doesn't really work properly for me. :lol: I've tried putting the 3d glasses over my normal glasses, and under them, but it still doesn't look right.

Captain Pan

QuoteJohnny Depp ...  The Mad Hatter
 Anne Hathaway ...  The White Queen
 Michael Sheen ...  The White Rabbit
 Alan Rickman ...  The Caterpillar
 Mia Wasikowska ...  Alice
 Helena Bonham Carter ...  The Red Queen
 Stephen Fry ...  The Cheshire Cat
 Crispin Glover ...  The Knave of Hearts
 Christopher Lee ...  The Jabberwock
 Timothy Spall ...  The Bloodhound
 Noah Taylor ...  The March Hare
 Matt Lucas ...  Tweedledee / Tweedledum

imdb.com has come in line with Masamune's Wikipedia report... And with imdb.com also listing the movie as in Post Production.

Masamune

:lol: Wiki knows all!

:( Mm, I hate that this film is still so far away.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Masamune" :lol: Wiki knows all!

:( Mm, I hate that this film is still so far away.

Time Conquers all... Just wait to see the delay it'll receive from the US release to the UK release...

penfold12

Apparently its a day and date world wide release.

Principle filming has completed, so yes it is in post production. With such a long way off for release, they are certainly spending time on the effects etc...

Captain Pan

Quote from: "penfold12"Apparently its a day and date world wide release.

Principle filming has completed, so yes it is in post production. With such a long way off for release, they are certainly spending time on the effects etc...

You wouldn't expect nothing but the best from Burton... he's got to make Depp look Mad... Sheen fluffy, and Give Stephen a Grin that makes a demented dentist cry at!

luke85

Can't wait to see how Stephen Fry plays the Cheshire Cat, I think he'll do it brilliantly!