Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton 2010)

Started by peep, November 16, 2007, 02:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peep

Yes, the legendary Tim Burton has now been hired by Disney to make two new films, one a 3D animation version of Alice (going back to the origional book) and a new feature length version of his cult classic Frakenweenie (which will be a stop motion animation which will be given the lovely Disney 3D treatment).

I think this is the best news since I found out about Sweeny Todd. It sounds like Disney have woken up and have released that his quirky style sells seats at the cinema.

Source
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Soap

I've heard the news too! This could really be a marvelous combination!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Sounds good to me :)

Disneyana

I'm very much looking forward for the Alice movie. Tim Burton's movies are great and in combination with Disney, they're even better.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

ladyghost

Waw, I love Burton!
These are great news to me!
Ladyghost.

Shadow doesn\'t exist, what you call shadow is the light you can\'t see.

Masamune

:lol: This is bad news for me, as it'll mean I'll have TWO Disney versions of Cheshire Cat to love. :P Along with the classic book version, the American McGee's version and all the other random versions of Cheshire I've ever seen.

Nicholas-c

i dont like his films :S i seem to be one of the only people who doesn't
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Soap

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"i dont like his films :S i seem to be one of the only people who doesn't

You are entitled to your own opinion Nicholas ;)
I can imagine that some people don't like his way of moviemaking. It's kinda different then most others and mostly a bit dark.

But what don't you like about his way???  :?:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

I've commandeered this topic for mostly Alice in Wonderland now, which is sounding good from their casting so far.

Matt Lucas will play both Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. If you're not from the UK and don't know him, let me just say: PERFECT casting.

And of course, Johnny Depp will play the Mad Hatter.

And it'll be in 3D. And directed by Tim Burton. Phew.

I've got a feeling guests might soon be wondering why Alice's Curious Labyrinth and Mad Hatter's Tea Party don't/won't have any reference this film, the same way they do at Pirates.

The Butlin Boy

This sounds exceptionally good, I've got a very good feeling about this film. Do you think it'll be 3D everywhere (like for instance, Spy Kids 3 was) or just at selected cinemas (Imax)?

Anthony

It'll probably be 'Disney Digital 3-D', so anywhere with a digital projection screen can do it.

With all of Pixar's future releases and many of Disney's going into that format (as well as DreamWorks, etc), it'll hopefully soon be at most if not all multiplexes.

burntsienna

I'm really looking forward to seeing this film. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favourite stories and Tim Burton's work is amazing so it should be a brilliant film  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

peep

When I read the other day that Matt Lucas was playing Tweedle dee and tweedle dum I was so happy. Everything for this film sounds perfect, the cast is so far excellent and the director, well, Burton is the best man for the job.

I was a bit iffy when I read that the film will be using the same technique as Beowolf (actors rendered and slightly modified into 3D animated characters). Beowolf destroyed this entire concept, lets hope Burton uses it to his advantage though. I think I read somewhere that he will also use some 2D animation, that intrigues me.

I believe filming starts next month, or its started, can't remember :D

Can't wait to hear more!!!
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

SophieD

i just cannot wait for this!! i love Tim Burtons work-he had me hooked from Edward Scissorhands!! and Alice In Wonderland is a perfect story to capture his brilliance in filmmaking!!

this film will be awsome in the imax cinemas!! we should organise a trip to see it in DLRP's Imax!!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

-breeno-

I'm probably the only one who thinks this but i feel this film could flop because of the big names they're casting, I'd say Johnny Depp will do a good job as the Mad Hatter but Matt Lucas, im not too sure, i'd say though, i'd say it depends on who will be in the film, if Burton picks really big names then i feel this could be a flop, hopefully i'm proven wrong though :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!