[WDW] Magic Kingdom's Ice Castle

Started by Kristof, November 09, 2007, 01:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Well here it is, a photo from the Magic Kingdom's Ice Castle...  

WDI1992

it looks absolutely magical! I love it and it's great, but I do think I know where they got their idea from...   :wink:  but as always, Paris does it more sophisticated and a bit less 'over the top'... nevertheless this looks very nice!
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

The Butlin Boy

WOW, that looks fantastic :)

RnRCj

That looks very pretty, but what does it look like during the day? Is it just a load of wires all over the castle?

Soap

Hahahha looking magical, but indeed, somewhat over the top. So American:P
I like the Paris version better ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

peep

Hmm, I kinda like it, looks much better than it does during the day.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

mtt

looks good, i;ve been twice in dec and its never been like that before
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

Crush_Love

hmm looks nice!
But DLRP's castle looks muuuuuch better with this  :wink:
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

Patrick

The new ice look is nice, but call me odd, but seems a bit too cold looking with all the dark blues as well.  Think the pink on Le Chateau in Paris gives that ice castle look a bit of warmth, and makes it just seem so much better really.  But apart from that nice to see another idea stolen from Paris for every Disney resort worldwide :lol: .

Anthony

Magic Kingdom actually did a good job of something?! :P

It actually looks a little better than the lights (only the lights!) on Paris' if you ask me - probably because their castle is fatter and more square so more suited to this, whereas Le Chateau has so many different, thinner spires.

Nice to see literally every Disney resort has stolen this idea now. Hong Kong even have the tinkerbell pixie dust effect spraying from the top!!

Edit: I wonder how many WDW fans appreciate DLRP came up with this idea? They probably think WDW invented it, as they did the talking character heads... :roll:

Owain

Quote from: "Baloo"Magic Kingdom actually did a good job of something?! :P

It actually looks a little better than the lights (only the lights!) on Paris' if you ask me - probably because their castle is fatter and more square so more suited to this, whereas Le Chateau has so many different, thinner spires.

Nice to see literally every Disney resort has stolen this idea now. Hong Kong even have the tinkerbell pixie dust effect spraying from the top!!

Edit: I wonder how many WDW fans appreciate DLRP came up with this idea? They probably think WDW invented it, as they did the talking character heads... :roll:
:o Offtopic; Paris started the talking character heads ?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Owain":o Offtopic; Paris started the talking character heads ?

The talking character heads first appeared in the Legend of the Lion King show for Timon :)

Now back on topic :wink:

Owain

Quote from: "RnRCj"That looks very pretty, but what does it look like during the day? Is it just a load of wires all over the castle?

Your answer RnRCj;

//http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/59-Lactu-du-Magic-Kingdom.html

Anthony

Ouch, it's not pretty during the day... Reminds me of those nets they wrap christmas trees up in at garden centres... Maybe that's the idea? :P

penfold12

But I bet from ground level the light sare hardly visable during the day. That photo is quite close up