Trip reports October 21st-26th 2007

Started by tubbsy, October 30, 2007, 07:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

im loving reading your report, makes me even more sure that i need to go again soon, looking forward to more reports - did you go on crush???

tubbsy

Prince. Thank-you Steph will love those. Yes Mark saw Jasmine, but she was covered up! :lol:

minnielover-I have no idea which room we were in! We walked past the buffet and were in the circle room on the right there. Where were you sat? We loved it so much we're going back there next year and doing the kids birthdays. To be met by Eeyore at the door and then meet Mickey by the buffet was amazing.

smurfy. Nope, but Mark and the kids did. The kids loved it. Mark is not a fan.

Day three. Cafe Mickey for breakfast. Last year when we went for breakfast at 7:30 there were only a few families. This year it was full.

(I do wish that when people sat down at their table, there was an etiquete card explaining to parents that characters would come to the tables and not let their kids rush up and get in other peoples photos. Goofy was very good and refused to sign childrens books who came to him and went to each table to see all the kids.)

Anyway we saw Eeyore (AGAIN Yay me!) Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Pluto and Prince John. Breakfast was lovely. pastries, sausages, bacon scrambled egg. Loads of food.

Back to the room to pick up essentials and then we went round to Studios.

Into Studios by 9:30 where the queue for Crush was ridiculous, but it had to be done. Not by me tho'! I did manage to get a video clip of them in the shell as they came zipping by! Mark was not impressed by the ride, but the kids loved it!

TOT looks amazing and Steph cannot wait to go on it next year. I think Mark was getting a bit fed up with me pointing out what was happening and what was opening next year! :lol:

Cars ride next, which was brilliant. In fact, we went on everything in Studios apart from RNRC!

Robert fell in love with Animagique and we saw it twice. We did see people trying to video Animagique, but the CM's flashed torches at them!

Rendez Vous Des Stars for lunch-Where we sat and watched the parade in the warmth. Again we used the half board vouchers. V easy to use and the food was great.

Then back out into the parks for more rides and the kids got a quick cuddle in with Sully!. Then we headed out of the park and back to the hotel before going to Cafe Mickey again for tea.

Again I wish it was explained to parents the characters will come to the tables. There was actually a bit of an arguement between two families over Stitch!

The kids had their birthday cake here. It was brilliant. After we had finished our tea and waiting for ice cream, the music started and CM's and characters came around the table. Steph was especially pleased that Stitch came back to the table as he is one of her favourites, along with Belle. Oh and Rob called Hook a codfish! :shock:  :lol:

Then it was a slow walk back to the hotel and a fairly early night!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

minnielover

we too were in the circle room past the buffett down the steps but didnt see you my wife had her birthday cake delivered and was made to dance with Eeyore which she found hugely embarassing

pjulie75

Did your son go on the Crush ride?  I am taking my twin girls who will be nearly 5 and they really want to go on the ride but I was unsure if it would be too scary, what do you think?

Your trip report and photos are great, it is really enjoyable to read and reminds me of our visit there in June. :D

Crush_Love

Nice report and pics  :wink:
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

-breeno-

Great report and photos tubbsy :D

Did you use the safety deposit box at any time in  Sequoia Lodge?  If yes, how long did you wait until someone would come and put the stuff in/out of the safe?  The longest time for us was between 20-30 minutes i think it was :x  That's reason why we won't be staying there next year.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

Good report Tubbsy :) I enjoyed reading it. Your photos are good too! :lol:

tubbsy

Quote from: "-breeno-"Great report and photos tubbsy :D

Did you use the safety deposit box at any time in  Sequoia Lodge?  If yes, how long did you wait until someone would come and put the stuff in/out of the safe?  The longest time for us was between 20-30 minutes i think it was :x  That's reason why we won't be staying there next year.

No we didnt but we found the CM's very, well, no care attitiude. In fact, when we booked out friday morning the CM was down right rude! :shock:  We have received an apology. But we're staying at New York next year.

Julie-Rob loved the ride, but Mark was not impressed as parts were so dark he couldnt see his hand, let alone check on rob. I saw 13 year olds coming off it sobbing, but rob bounced off!

minnielover. How did we miss each other? I'll post a couple of photos o me n the kids in Inventions later, see if we did see each other and didnt realise!

Day 4
Breakfast (15 minutes late opening  :roll: ) then into the parks for EMH.
Usal rides then round to Pirates for 10:00. After Pirates Steph suggested going to Critter Corale where Rob n Steph met Woody!

BTM and PM before going to Lucky Nugget for lunch. The place was packed but the atmosphere was brilliant. Mickey and Donald knicked each others bow ties and threw them across the restaurant and the brass band was brilliant. Gepetto spent loads of time with Rob. And the food was really good. I'd read some not so good reports on Lucky Nugget, but we found the selection good and really tasty. Saying that, we dont have to cater for a vegetarian. I can imagine the menu would be very limited then.

Then off to watch Lion King. Which was absolutley amazing. I cant believe we never manged to catch it before. I especially loved Pumba! :lol:

A couple of more rides before pack to the hotel for a quick rest and then down to Buffalo Bills. Brilliant show. Rob loved joining in with the shouting and Steph, who is absolutley horse mad, loved seeing the horses.
Yes, it was expensive, but well worth it.

Then a little shopping on the way back to the hotel

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

kurgly_bird

wow sounds like you had a great time! *jealous*

x x x

tubbsy

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Julie-I've asked Marks opinion of Crush. He said that BTM was Dumbo comapred to Crush!

Big breath! Last day!

Poor old Mark wasnt well during the night. So we left him tucked up in bed for the day. We headed in Disneyland Park for EMH again and ran around doing our usual rides. We also managed to fit in a luckilly timed visit in with Winnie the Pooh.

Lunch time we headed into Disney Village for a quick McDonalds :roll: and started our shopping. We then popped back to see how mark was (now sitting up, but decided, sensibly, to stay in bed as we had the long drive back the next day) The kids then dragged me back into Studios to do Animagique (AGAIN!) Cars and Tram Tours. I refused to do Crushes coaster, much to the childrens disgust and we headed over to the Disney Hotel for dinner at Inventions.

This is a priority for next year because we enjoyed it so much and poor old mark missed out. I had suggested we ate at the Hunters Grill again, but he said that it was a highlight of the holiday and we should go. :( It was amazing seeing Eeyore in the entrance and Mickey by the buffet. We had quick cuddles before taking our seats. The food, setting and view were amazing and it was great to see a couple of characters we hadnt seen before. Watching the castle as the sun set was beautiful I wish we'd been nearer a window. It was fantastic.

minnielover-were you sat behind us? There was a birthday just behind us and Eeyore was dancing at that table for ages lucky things :D

After dinner we went back into the park for a last look at the beautiful sight and also - at Marks insistence - to buy myself a crystal Eeyore.

We walked back to the hotel to find Mark up and about and he had done our packing and had a drink and a couple of biscuits, so things were looking good.

And thats it. We were up early on Friday morning. Had a stroppy woman book us out. Which left us with a sour taste in our mouths after such a great holiday even after Mark being ill. We then had a good jouney home, where we planned our return trip for October next year.

So only 300 and something days to go!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

RnRCj

Quote from: "tubbsy"Julie-I've asked Marks opinion of Crush. He said that BTM was Dumbo comapred to Crush!

It might be just me, but I thought Crush was pretty tame :lol: Maybe I'm just used to more intense rides :P

Great report once again Tubbsy :wink: I hope Mark was okay - I would be so disappointed if I was ill at DLRP.

lukesmom

I have really enjoyed your trip reports tubbsy! Absolutely fantastic  :D  I am glad you enjoyed it so much. We are going from the 16th - 19th December 2007. I am sorry your DH was ill (and hope it was not from the food at Buffalo Bills). Your pics are great - you have a lovely family.
Emma xx

Disneyana

Great report so far and very nice pics. Glad you enjoyed your time.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

tubbsy

Thank you everyone. We think Mark was just unlucky with a bug. There hsa been something doing the rounds amongst the kids, so we think he just picked it up and held onto it!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

TowMater

I've caught a bug yesterday, I hope Mark gets better soon!
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century