Trip reports October 21st-26th 2007

Started by tubbsy, October 30, 2007, 07:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

The Tubbs mob are back. We had a wonderful time. In the park very early, left the parks very late!

Before we had even left Disney we were planning our return trip for 2008!

We'll do a trip report (somewhere) once we get confirmation where to post photos.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

maji

so glad that you had such a great time. when is your next trip and where ?!!!!

-breeno-

Glad to had a great time in DLRP Tubbsy :D

You missed that disaster of a Liverpool match in Turkey on 24th, if you didn't hear about, put it this way, we didn't play like we did in Istanbul in 2005 and now we have to win all our Champions League matches to get out of the group :cry:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

mtt

glad you had a great trip
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

Disneyana

Nice that you're back and glad to hear you had a great time of course. I'm very much looking forward for your tripreport.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

tubbsy

Quote from: "-breeno-"Glad to had a great time in DLRP Tubbsy :D

You missed that disaster of a Liverpool match in Turkey on 24th, if you didn't hear about, put it this way, we didn't play like we did in Istanbul in 2005 and now we have to win all our Champions League matches to get out of the group :cry:

We were getting messages on our mobiles.  :(  Wish we hadnt bothered.

maji-Next October half term and we're hoping to stay at the New York.  [-o<

O.K so here goes.
Day 1 Saturday morning we left good old fareham and drove up to Essex to go see the in laws. It was gerat to see them and a nice break in the journey. We then drove down and stayed at a Holiday Inn just outside Canterbury. Lovely- Put up wit Mark screaming at the rugby  :roll: Australian fourth ref and all that! :lol:

Day 2 Sunday morning-up at 6:00am down for breakfast (they serve breakfast as early as 4:30 if you want! V impressed!) Then drove down to Dover and on the 8:30 crossing to Calais. The ferry was really empty. We're thinking we'll do this crossing again next year.
Smooth drive down to Paris and then up to Sequoia. When we pulled into the car park, the place was packed. We struggled to park! Then we got into the hotel, and booked in. As we walked away from booking in Pluto came around the corner! My kids had a quick cuddle (cameras and autograph books were still in the car at this point) then we turned around and I bumped into... Eeyore! :D/  So I had a long cuddle  :lol: then we grabbed our bags, went up to our room and go our stuff together to go to the park.

Into Disneyland Park and we were met by the train-with Eeyore on again. (This was to be my week for Eeyore!) and up to Discovery land to do Star Tours. I dont know if anyone else noticed it this week, but considering it was half term and the park was also full of rugby fans the first couple of days, we didnt queue too long (30 mins) for anything apart from Peter Pan, Buzz (at times) and Crushes Coaster.

Then we went to Buzz, PeterPan (30 minutes, not bad) Dumbo and Its a Small World. Then back to Sequoia for dinner booked at 6:00.

This is one of the reasons why we're not staying at the Sequoia again. Our table was booked for 6:00 but the doors didnt open til 6:20 and this also happened in the mornings. 7:00am sitting and the doors not opening til 7:15. It really put us off eating there. You're stood in the foyer with loads of other fed up guests, not exactly Disney. And yes we I have e mailed and complained about it-dont think it will do much good tho'.

The food was great and the half board meal vouchers were easy to use (We're using them again next year) . We then wrapped the kids up nice n warm and headed back into the park.

We have never been into the park at night. All I can say is "WOW" it was beautiful. We headed up to Fantasyland and rode Dumbo and the Carousel and tea Cups in the dark and then onto Pirates. Hot chocolates and cookies on the way back to the hotel. Into bed for an early night-ready for the next day.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

maji

making me cry - it is almost a year since we were in the sequoia for bonfire night. good choice for next year ,take my advice (no one usually does!!) and splash out on a lake view room. cant wait for your next "installment".

-breeno-

Great report so far tubbsy, looking forward to the rest of it :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

Good to hear you've had a great time so far, I look forward to the rest  :)

RnRCj

Glad your back safe and sound Tubbsy :) Sounds like you enjoyed day 1 of your trip :lol:

tubbsy

Thanks everyone. Just dont expect any reports about RNRC, Indiana or Space Mountain! :shock:  :lol:

I forgot to mention that we also managed to catch OUADP on our first day too. Beautiful.

Day 2 GMFL. Into the park at 8:00 and up to Fantasyland for breakfast. V nice, but I can see why its being faded out. We could have eaten in the hotel, then spent the whole of EMH's going on rides, rather than making sure the kids were fed. We then rode pretty much everything that was open for EMH and were waiting by the rope to go on Pirates. Then down to BTM and Phantom Manor.....

O.K, O.K, I admit it. I screamed like the most pathetic thing on earth when riding BTM. Please remember, roller coasters are not my thing and we were in the very last carriage! So Rob (aged 5) had his hands in the air and thought it was the best thing and Mark and Steph thought it was brilliant. Dumbo is about my limit! And even then, if riding with Steph and she messes around bumping Dumbo up and down, it can be too much for me!

Lunch was booked at the Steakhouse in the village with Half Board plus. It was fantastic. We'll be going there again. It helped that we'd booked early, so that we were one of only three families in the restaurant at that time. Our waiter, Patrick, had time to spend with the kids  and the food was amazing.

We then went back to the hotel to recover for an hour or so as we were so full, we couldnt face doing rides! We then pottered back into the park and enjoyed more rides that Rob fancied and Pirates and Star Tours for Steph.

It was then a dash down to Caseys Corner for hot dogs before Mark headed back to teh room with a v coldand tired Rob and Steph and I got our pitch for Candleabration.

We were all set up and ready to film and take photos when a man walked in front of us and put his daughter on his shoulder... not a problem. We moved. The show started.... it happened again! :roll: So we moved.... and it happened again!  :shock:  So we gave up! Cameras were put away and we just watched the bits we could see around people. We were really miffed cos the idea was that we would only watch it once so we could be doing rides when everyone else watched the Candleabration. I think this is my one regret of teh holiday as we stuck by our decision and didnt try to watch it again.

Anyway, grump over, we went off and rode Pirates three times as there was no queue and then Star Tours twice as there was no queue. There wsa a CM on Pirates who really was loving his job! Spooky pirate voices and terrorising the guests. Very funny. Then we headed back to the hotel, looking at the beautiful castle as we went and then down Main Street and back to our room.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Anonymous

You've not commented on the parade yet, and I know you were talking about seeing it more than once. When did you get around to seeing that?

tubbsy

We caught the parade on our first afternoon. We did plan to catch it at other times, but Rob has aspergers-a mild form of autism and he found the music from the parade too loud to bare. So unfortunately we didnt see it again. When we saw it on the first afternoon, Rob sat tucked up tight on Marks lap and with his hands over his ears, but he still didnt like it too much. We did go on to see the Disney Villain Show and Lion King, but once rob had got it into his head that OUDP was so loud, we couldnt persuade him to see it again.

Anyway, back to the parade. Where we managed to get positioned, was unfortunately in between floats so we didnt see any stops. There didnt seem to be as many characters as I've seen from other peoples photos and videos. But the parade was still fantastic to see. I hadnt mentioned to the family about the different smells, but Steph picked up on it pretty much straight away. Of course I loved Tigger and Rob actually said his favourite was Pinnochio. Amazing really!

I videoed the parade and Steph was armed with the camera. I need to sort out some of her lovely photos to put on here. I just tried n I hadnt reduced the size! Oops! :oops: What really surprised me was that Steph loves Belle and she didnt get a photo of her! (Here's Princes excuse to post a lovely piccy for Steph! LOL!)

After the parade we walked up through Fantasyland to go on Its a Small World and were met by two grown men dancing around singing "Just Like We Dreamed It!" at the top of their voices. It really made me grin. Mark just looked at me and said "So you're not the only ones who know all the words then?" LOL

Photos from day 2

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Anonymous

Quote from: "tubbsy"What really surprised me was that Steph loves Belle and she didnt get a photo of her! (Here's Princes excuse to post a lovely piccy for Steph! LOL!)

You mean like this?

Glad to see someone in the family has good taste.  :P

Shame about the parade, I know you were looking forward to it.

Did you see Jasmine?  :lol:

minnielover

tubbsy didnt see you at inventions on the 25 th at 6pm which room did you sit in ?