DLR | Cars Land (2012)

Started by Anthony, October 19, 2007, 04:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

As part of the DCA $1bn masterplan.

Cars Land will be a whole new land at Disney's California Adventure park, featuring the signature E-Ticket 'Radiator Springs Racers' along with two smaller C-Tickets, a drive-in restaurants and more, all set within a fully-realised Radiator Springs setting.

The project:
    * 12 acre expansion into the existing Timon Lot
    * Radiator Springs Racers E Ticket
    * Luigi's Romain' Tires C Ticket (a la' Flying Saucers)
    * Mater's Junkyard Jamboree C Ticket
    * Drive-In Movie Restaurant (postponed)
    * Radiator Springs area development, stores, quick serve dining
    * Realigned parade route

Expected opening: 2012.

Concept art

Overview:

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
(apparently a spinning ride, similar to CQRR?)

Luigi's Roamin' Tires
(almost certainly a new version of the old Tomorrowland flying saucers!)

Radiator Springs Racers
(third-generation Test Track-style ride for "family thrills", with cars racing side-by-side at certain points, also including a huge showbuilding for indoor track)

(with thanks MasterGracey on micechat.com)

Picked your jaw up off the ground? Good, then discuss! :shock:

kermit

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Well, looks like I have to change plans for 2011/2012 (DLR instead of WDW)

I only hope that there is a small chance to actually ride the new e-ticket. Test Track always broke down when I was waiting in line. I tried to do Test Track about 8 times during my last two visits. But I liked world of motion, does that count ?

I think they have to solve a lot of problems, but the concept art looks brilliant.
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"Picked your jaw up off the ground?

Not quite :o  :o  :o

I thought WDS had an amazing looking Radiator Springs, they're building a life size version of the whole flipping town :wink:

The Butlin Boy

There are some articles and new conept art about Cars Land on LA Times:

:arrow: Luigi's Roamin' Tyres
 :arrow: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
 :arrow: Radiator Springs Racers

Guy's, Cars Quatre Roues Rallye has just been blown out of the water :roll:

Haz

Quote from: "Baloo"As part of the DCA $1bn masterplan.

Cars Land will be a whole new land at Disney's California Adventure park, featuring the signature E-Ticket 'Radiator Springs Racers' along with two smaller C-Tickets, a drive-in restaurants and more, all set within a fully-realised Radiator Springs setting.

I thought test track was brilliant, this with the placemaking will be a master piece and the best thing they have ever done.
All the Best,

Haz

15MagicalYears

I'm angry   :evil:
I feel as if they are shouting half way round the globe, "Anything you can do we can do better"  :evil:
 :(

Haz

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I'm angry   :evil:
I feel as if they are shouting half way round the globe, "Anything you can do we can do better"  :evil:
 :(

I am never angry when they add new attractions in the states, Disney has a policy of moving them to other parks to save on development costs. This of course does not mean i think we will get a cars land. :)
All the Best,

Haz

DisneyParksFan

It doesn't mean they are copying off of WDS. There have been plans for something like this for years. The test track at DCA rumor began shortly after the park opened, along with the now-there, Tower of Terror.
Oh, the Drive-In Restaurant has been cut from the opening day budget. It is rumored to be completed later after the new land has opened.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "DisneyParksFan"Oh, the Drive-In Restaurant has been cut from the opening day budget. It is rumored to be completed later after the new land has opened.

That's such a shame, I hope they don't have to cut anything else :?

DisneyParksFan

From what I read, they cut out the food for now instead of cutting back on the attraction's budget...which would have meant having to cut back on the attraction's experience.

15MagicalYears

I'm not saying they are copying us.
I just feel they are making a bigger cars land beacuse they can  :x

Kristof

Because they have the money and DLRP doesn't.  What's the problem?  :lol:  :)

15MagicalYears

I guess I'm just jelous  :oops:  :(

Anthony

You shouldn't feel bad about DLRP by comparing Race Rally to Cars Land. It's apples and oranges - one's  meant to be a whole land, the other is meant to be just a single C/D-Ticket.

Cars Land would seem really over the top at WDS just for one film, but at DCA it expands the park quite well. :)

Looks like the concept arts are gone. Anyone know if any other website has them?

AmericanMouse

Not to the subject, but if this is successful, look for one at Disney's Hollywood Studios after they raze the Backlot Tour.