Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbhoy1888

What way do soft openings work? Ill be their the end of June and am just wondering  how soft openings work ?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on February 27, 2014, 08:38:32 PM
What way do soft openings work? Ill be their the end of June and am just wondering  how soft openings work ?

Nothing to special really. It means that the ride can be open, or not.
It's not going to be announced on the program or at the information board where the waiting line times are announced.
It's just open when it's open, and closed when it's closed.
It could be open for like an hour per day. You just have to be lucky.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

irishbhoy1888

So basically what your saying is that you need to be in the area and be lucky that it's open when your around ?
Will Disney even give a date on when these soft openings will commence ?

Deff

The whole point of these soft openings is just to test the ride in realistic conditions without the risk of disappointing the crowds when something goes wrong. So probably, some of the insiders will be able to leak some dates a few days in advance, but that will be it. It wouldn't make sense for the park to make official statements about soft openings ;-)

Timbo

We were there for the soft opening of ToT some years ago , for 2 days we got to ride it over and over with no queue , but we got lucky because it was only open for a few hours each day. The third day it was closed completely , it is just luck of the draw ! The cast member at the ride entrance might let you know if it will be running that day , good luck !

graham150758

Quote from: pers5579 on January 01, 2014, 04:54:42 PM
We're booked for 23-28 June what do you think my chances are of getting to see the ride?

Same here.  We are there during the same time period as you and would love to get on the ride.  Any chance of qualifying for a soft opening?

Anthony

Alexz

My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

beenmoff1

some piccies of the construction. looks good!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

BlackPearl

Really looks good!
I hope (fingers crossed) it will be open in August!

Anthony

Ratatouille will be featured on the park and resort maps from 3rd April, here's a peek:

DLRP Today — Ratatouille's La Place de Rémy joins Walt Disney Studios Park and resort maps

Ceh

Heard a commercial today for the ride on the radio, so stoked. :)

DisneyManiac

Disneyland Paris YouTube Channel has uploaded a new video on Ratatouille: The Adventure!

Official Opening Date: 10th July 2014

Also the video shows the ride at the moment backstage! Check it out!

Anthony

Rocketeer

I think I prefer the new English name. The old one just seemed to short, perhaps a bit of "just call it Ratatouille: The Ride because that's what guests will call it anyway"

At least it also lines up better with the French title.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney