Villages Nature — New leisure/accommodation (Now Open)

Started by Kristof, October 11, 2007, 01:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samninetysix

My local Center Parcs (the "other" company behind Villages Nature) is quite literally a 10 minute drive from where I live yet it costs more for my family and I to go there than to drive to DLRP and stay there for the equivalent amount of time, including ferry/shuttle and fuel costs. It'll be grossly over priced as usual. Every activity is extra, at my local Center Parcs, things like archery, lazer tag, anything to do with canoes/boats is round about £47 for 45 minutes, it's a complete rip-off. The only thing thats free is walking through the trees and the swimming pool.

Mrsya

Just got back from Davy Crockett and it looks like its going to be huge! A lot of building work going on either side of the main road into the ranch. Not a peep heard from the cabins though! All sounds exciting, just hope it doesn't push dc prices up...

irishbhoy1888

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on June 10, 2014, 01:08:48 AM
Anyone know how much Disney is putting into this ?

No confirmed amounts. Could just be a land deal.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

irishbhoy1888

When they say waterpark they don't elaborate on what type of water park it will be ?
Will it be a more relaxed lazy lagoon sort of thing ?

DisneyRon

Given what type of waterpark the average Center Parks location has, i'd say a mix of both. :) Some high speed slides, rapids, etc. A big wave pool and bunch of smaller pools for relaxation. :)

samuelvictor

So building is definitely well underway now? TBH after not hearing anything since the 2012 video I assumed it wasn't happenning.

Is it likely that there will be some kind of deal where access to the waterparks etc will be included with Disney Park tickets, IE making it a "third park" of sorts, or will you have to stay in the hotel or pay extra?

I would hope that there will be regular shuttlebuses to and from the Disney Parks, otherwise this will only be available to those of us who dirve and take our cars over on the ferry (or rent I suppose). I always thought Davy Crocket ranch looks cool but its way too difficult to try to get at and explore for those of us who just walk off the train into the parks.

Personally I think it looks like a really cool area. My one reservation is that as others have said, Center Parks can be prohibitively expensive!

DLRP Roundup!

I'd doubt Disney will be able to offer "water park" tickets to this, more likely only guests staying there.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

samuelvictor

That's what I suspected, but that's a real shame. Here's hoping the prices are affordable!

mickey1980

So this is being build next to DCR. Does this mean that DCR will eventually be part of Village Nature? Or will they operate them as 2 separate parks?

Also, i like Center Parcs. And I don't think their prices are too high (here in the Benelux that is).
You get what you pay for. And they have a lot of discount periods (like DLP). We never payed full price.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

merlin

Just got back from DCR and it seems all the cabins have been upgraded to premium with decking French doors etc also there was was renovations on the trading post and petting farm which would suggest its staying put so im hoping that DCR stays  unchanged and the prices stay reasonable in my opinion its the best way to do Disney with medium to large groups

HildeKitten

I think that once Village Nature opens they may start offering special deals to DCR, just to make sure people stay there instead of at VN.

samuelvictor

Does anyone know if it is now open? I know it was originally planned to be 2016. I just came back from doing the half marathon and I overheard some people talking about how the route was planned to increase people's awareness of the villages and areas around DLP and to increase tourist awareness of Villages Nature - although I can't say as I noticed if we passed it? The way they were talking was as if it was already open?  :-\

whatsupanders

Quote from: samuelvictor on September 27, 2016, 11:46:04 AM
Does anyone know if it is now open? I know it was originally planned to be 2016. I just came back from doing the half marathon and I overheard some people talking about how the route was planned to increase people's awareness of the villages and areas around DLP and to increase tourist awareness of Villages Nature - although I can't say as I noticed if we passed it? The way they were talking was as if it was already open?  :-\

Due to open next year although no date has been announced.

samuelvictor