What Disney can do...

Started by speedpacket, October 01, 2007, 12:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedpacket

I never quite shared trip reports before myself, as I never really read them from other people myself (after all, it's just so personal!), but I just thought that I'd share this, as it made me so lucky, I still can't believe it...

With the shareholders preview for Crush, I of course went to DLP, together with some friends that I invited.  Apparently however, another friend,also a shareholder, was at DLP the same day, so he called me during the day to meet at night and have a drink.

Little did I know that my answer to a question that innocent, would change my life...  He also invited some friends I never met before, and we had a great night, having a lot of fun...

A few weeks later, we visited DLP again, and this time we all went in one group.  There was one girl that I really liked, and after our second DLP visit, we started meeting more in daily life as well.

It sounds absolutely ridiculous, but we're together now for almost a month, and she really is the best thing that has happened to me in my life so far.  It's a bit strange to tell people how we first met, but it always brings back the magic when people ask for it...

Disney really is a magical place, and as with all fairy tales, we both hope to live a long and lucky life happily together!

Just wanted to share it with you guys.  

We booked a suite for Halloween now, and it will be absolutely brilliant, I'm sure...

Ellen - if you happen to read this - Je t'aime beaucoup :o)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Atlantica

Awww that is one of the most wonderful DisneyLand stories I have heard!

I am so happy for you both, and I hope Disney is just as magical for you each and every time  :D

speedpacket

Quote from: "Atlantica"Awww that is one of the most wonderful DisneyLand stories I have heard!

I am so happy for you both, and I hope Disney is just as magical for you each and every time  :D
Thanks so much - every day it still amazes me how faith can work and how strange some people meet eachother.  I'm sure Disney will be more magical than ever next times that we go...

I'm just one very lucky guy now :D
Next visit:

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Atlantica

No problem  :D

Talking of being romantic, I heard that DisneyLand is one of the most popular palces to propose in. Now that really would be something special as well!

speedpacket

Quote from: "Atlantica"No problem  :D

Talking of being romantic, I heard that DisneyLand is one of the most popular palces to propose in. Now that really would be something special as well!
Well - I just heard about a couple doing that, and honestly, I don't find it that romantic myself, just because so many people tend to do it lately...

Now I just say that people proposing there are 'creating a fairy tale', while we were so lucky to just be one ;)

So no, I don't think I'd ever propose in Disney - where is the creativity of people? :D
Next visit:

Atlantica

:shock:

I would LOVE to be proposed to in DisneyLand ! I can't think of anything more magical than that. My boyfriend knows that I love DisneyLand, and everything about it. It would be special for me to be proposed to there!

Awwww, and you could keep going back on your anniversary as well . . . it would be so special  :)

Soap

Quote from: "Atlantica"No problem  :D

Did it myself last July. And it isn't about being creative, it's about where you find it suited! But i think Speedpacket and i are just not on the same level ;)

But gratz for finding the one in our beloved parc Speedpacket! :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

tubbsy

I've just got goosebumps reading that. Its so lovely. (old romantic at heart) :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

loulou

thats lovely, a true fairytale.

i wish my boyfriend proposed at disneyland while we were there 2 weeks ago, oh well...he can propose on the beach in jamaica, haha

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

Anonymous

All I can do really is reiterate what the castmembers did for me the other week, and point people to my trip report. They went beyond the call of duty, and helped me get through a difficult time.

I've actually just sent an e-mail to DLRP giving them a link to my trip report here. I hope and pray that it gets passed to the right people, because I can never show my gratitude enough for that very special day.

speedpacket

Quote from: "Soap"Did it myself last July. And it isn't about being creative, it's about where you find it suited! But i think Speedpacket and i are just not on the same level ;)

But gratz for finding the one in our beloved parc Speedpacket! :)
Great for you!  I don't blame people doing it - in fact it will probably be great for a lot of people out there.  I just want to surprise her a lot more than doing it where she would expect me to do it...

Anyway - just one month now, so I still have some time to think about it, and when the time and place is right, I'll figure something out :)

Quote from: "tubbsy"I've just got goosebumps reading that. Its so lovely. (old romantic at heart)
Hihi - nice reading it also affects other people ;)  I still can't believe it today even!  It just is so unreal, like we're living in a dream...  Just like we dreamed it ;)
Next visit:

Disneyana

Oh how sweet. that's so nice and I wish you that your love for each other will never end and that you will end up like all the fairytales do: ... and they lived happily ever after.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Disneyana

Did it myself last July. And it isn't about being creative, it's about where you find it suited! But i think Speedpacket and i are just not on the same level ;)

Where did you proposed ? And how has she reacted ? Is your marriage already in plan ? I saw a photo of you and your fiancee here on the forum. You're a nice couple and I wish you too that you will love each other endlessly and will stay together happily ever after.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

RnRCj

Awww, that's  a really nice little story speedpacket :)

Anthony

Ohh, this is so sweet, such a fairytale!! *loses any sense of masculinity* Certainly a story to tell your grandchildren... joking, joking! :P I wish you all the best together.

And look out soon for a brand new website from DLRP Magic! - dlrpdating.com! :ears: