What's your favourite ride?

Started by thekirtley, September 28, 2007, 04:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekirtley

:bump:  I just wanted to get this topic going again, :P I think my second favourite would be a tie between Crush's Coaster and Indiana Jones and The Temple of Peril
DLP visitor since the age of 2.
:)
Part time Student, Full Time Disney enthusiast.
:D

Mrs. Jennes

Quote from: "CJinWonderland"big thunder mountain for sure  :)

exactly! :)

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

mkt

Another vote for Big Thunder Mountain. Although I love the Tower of Terror and Pirates of the Caribbean as well, there's just something special about Frontierland's finest!

davewasbaloo

This is such a hard call, but it is a 3 way tie:  Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Tower of Terror.
since 2001 (many before that)

Mrs. Jennes

i never visited terror of tower, i'm very afraid of it :D
is it only free fall? or is there something else to see?

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

-breeno-

Quote from: "Mrs. Jennes"i never visited terror of tower, i'm very afraid of it :D
is it only free fall? or is there something else to see?

Well the main part of the attraction is of course the free fall part, but there is so much more to the ToT.

Firstly there's the massive amount of theming, from the moment you enter the lobby you'll be taken back from it.  Then you move on to the Library room, which is kinda similar to the Phantom Manor streach room as it is a pre-show.  Again there is plenty of theming in here too, as well as a very enjoyable pre-ride video.  There's one more thing you queue through before the big drop, which is the greatly themed boiler room.  Look out for many Twilight Zone references throughout the queue.  Also, in the actual ride part it isn't just you go up, you drop.  There is a little more to it with the story, but let's not spoil it ;)

Anyway, if you want to see the inside of the ride but not the actual ride, you can always tell a CM before you enter the liftshaft and they'll direct you to the "chicken exit".
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

davewasbaloo

Let's put it this way - Tot has more in common with PM and PotC than a thrill ride. even if the drops weren't there, it would be one of mu favorites. It does have a fairly strong story and some great special effects.
since 2001 (many before that)

Walts heir

Mine is definely the TOT

Annet

Definitely ToT and PoTC, the athmospheres really get to me.

disneyfreak90

i absolutely love space mountain mission 2 and the tower of terror i can't decide be between both...
here are also pictures from me on both rides (i'm the blonde one) :wink:

15yearsofMagic2008

Re:
Quote from: "PetiteSirene"Not been to the studios so I must would say Space Mountain, and just coz it annoys my Fiance Its a small world!

That will change next year when we go, probably to ToT but we will have to see  :D

No offence PetiteSirene , but how many times have you been to DLP ?
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

smurfy74

Petite Sirene is a good friend of mine and she has been a lot of times - she is going to be there again in September! and she has now been on the TOT loads of times and loves that. Not wanting to speak for her but SMM2 is her fave as thats the ride her now husband used to work on when he was a cast member  :D

sineadlemonade

in order:
pirates of the caribbean
haunted mansion
peter pan's flight

:)

clairabell13

My favourites have to be Dumbo and Pirates of the Caribbean. x
October 2011 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvilliers
May 2012 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvillers

September 2018 - 12th Wedding Anniversary at Explorers Hotel - so excited!

Simba 27

My TOP 3 is:
Pirates of the Caribbean
It's a Small World
Big Thunder Mountain

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006