17th-20th sept- Now with pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by loulou, September 24, 2007, 05:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou

Day One

I got up at 4am because the taxi was picking myself, my boyfriend and 2 of our friends up at 5am to take us to the airport. We flew off from Liverpool on time and landed in Paris CDG @ 10.20am. We were going to get on the disney coach to take us to disneyland but we decided to join the taxi rank and get a taxi as the queue for the coach was massive. As it turns out it only cost us an extra 4euros each to get the taxi -bargain  :)

we arrived at Santa fe and got told our rooms were not ready so we put our bags in the left luggage and headed to the park.After walking for about 15 mins we got to disney village, i have stayed in cheynnene twice and the walk has never seemed that long.

We went into Disneyland Park for this day, main street looked amazing, i really like the lumiere posters that twinkle all the way down to the castle.

The first thing that my boyfriend and my friends husband wanted to do was eat!!! typical men  :P   so we went to cafe hyperion to try the new toppings bar, to be honest we were not that impressed because the queue was quite long and by the time we got the burgers and got to the toppings bar, filled the burgers and found somewhere to sit the burgers were cold! Anyway, we caught the tail end of the Legend of the Lion King, it is an amazing show.

After there we went to see Honey I Shrunk The Audience, is i just me or does the first area in HISTA annoying?? (- the bit with the little kid looking for his dog and the wedding scenes etc).  Next we went into adventureland and walked straight onto Pirates Of the Carribbean, it was brilliant as always and my friends loved it just as much as me. From there we walked around skull rock and captain hook's pirate ship. we walked into frontierland and bought ponchos because it started raining, at the point the Once Upon a Dream Parade had started so we darted up main street and stood by city hall to watch the parade. It was absolutely amazing and the smells were fantastic, something really different. The floats were out of this world and i really enjoyed it.

From here we decided to take the yellow bus from outside disney village back to santa fe as everyone was starting to get tired. When we got to santa fe and checked in we were in building 33 room numbers 140 &142 (interconnecting rooms)

We decided to book a meal in Cafe Mickey for 9.30pm and as  i unpacked, everyone else fell asleep (I did warn them that it is heavy going!!) I woke everyone up at 8.30 to get ready for our meal. Cafe Mickey was nice, i had the honeypot ribs, mmmmmmmmm they were gorgeous, ive dont even like honey but they were nice
 :D

We decided to do a bit of shopping and the lads discovered the sports bar so needless to say we were there til the early hours drinking, missed the last yellow bus and had to walk all the way back to santa fe.

I collasped into bed at 3am hoping i would be ok for the next day

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

tubbsy

3:00am? :shock:  :lol:
Hope you made the next day :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

loulou

Quote from: "tubbsy"3:00am? :shock:  :lol:
Hope you made the next day :D

yes i did, i was up bright and breezy at 8am  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:

loulou

Day Two

I woke up bright and breezy at 8am, had a shower and tried to wake everyone up as breakfast was booked for 10am. We went to breakfast and had to queue for only 2 mins, there was a CM dressed as a mexican who was stumbling around the entrance to La Cantina, he offered my friend the stick he was chewing and asked me if i was going to kiss him  :oops:   lol

Affter breakfast we went to the garage at the entrance to santa fe and got some lager and vodka to keep in our rooms for that evening.

We went back to the room to get our cameras etc and hopped onto the yellow bus to the parks.

Today we went to the Studios.

We got there approx midday and the Moteurs Action Show was starting at 12.20 so we rushed round to the arena. I have been to DLRP 8 times now and this is the first time i have seen this show, i cant believe i have missed it all the other times, it is great and went on for quite a while. When it finished the parade was due to start in the following 10 minutes but we thought we would give it a miss and ride crush's coaster instead but i think everybody else had the same idea, however we only queued for about 25 mins. I am a bit wary of rollercoasters but thought that if little girls could do it so can i, lol.   we finally jumped into the shell (i was facing backwards). the start of it was good, esp the nemo/squirt bit, and the jellyfish but personally i felt that the rest of it was hell on earth!!  i screamed all the way round and could hear my friend screaming too and her husband trying to comfort her by sayin it would be over soon, the only person who enjoyed it was my boyfriend. i hardly saw any of the ride because my eyes were tightely shut for the majority of it!!! We were green when we got off, those little girls are definately braver than us adults (I am 24, my friend is 23 and her husband is 30)

We went on the studio tram tour next and were sitting in the 3rd carriage along so we would be in the perfect position for the falling truck scene thingy. When the carriage started rocking and the truck caught fire and slid down towards us is was brill as always but then the water seemed to go over us alot more, my friend was soaked by the time it had finished much to our amusement.

As we were walking away from the tram tour towards toon town my boyfriend said he would love to go back on crush's coaster, so with ALOT of persuading i said i would go on it with him again. This time we only queued for 10 mins, the shortest time i have heard of!! and i was just a green when i got off the second time, i will never step foot in a shell again, haha!

next it was genies flying carpet and still feeling tender from crush's coaster
i didnt really enjoy it, although it was good. We headed to studio 1 next to grab something to eat before we went to see animaique, which was brilliant, its one of my favourites. the only bad thing i have to say is the amount of people who were trying to film it was atrocious, especially as everyone is told not to before the show starts and that the show may be stopped.

From there we done a bit of shopping in studio 1 and in the shop at the right on the exit, i love shopping in disney, i would buy everything if i could.

We left the park at 6pm and walked to the village and looked at menus for our evening meal and chose planet hollywood. so we went back to our hotel to drop the shopping bags off and chill out for an hour or two and went back about 9.30pm to planet hollywood, i had the LA Lasange with mexican feista rice,it was gorgeous, really tasty and everyone else enjoyed their meals too.

I got to bed at 2am after staying in the sports bar again and having a couple of drinks in our room when we got back.

loulou

Day Three

I woke up at 8.30 feeling bright and breezy again (must be the disney air) and  got ready for breakfast which was booked for 9.15am. I was the only one awake because i couldnt wake the others, they didnt wake up til 10.30am. So we totally missed breakfast and finally got to the park at 12.30, wasted half a day if you ask me but by this point they were all tired and complaining of blisters, at one point my boyfriend had 20 plasters on one foot!!!

We walked to the village today instead of gettin the bus and my boyfriend and i decided to go on paramaqigue, i dont really like heights but thought it would be a great way to see the parks and hotels. i would recommend it to everyone, the view is great and a fab way of seeing eveything, it all looks so small from so high up.

Once inside disneyland park we jumped on the train to discoveryland to do buzz lightyear but the queue was to long so we got a fast pass ticket and jumped back onto the train to fantasyland, there we went on snow white(5mins queue), pinocchio (15min queue), small world (walked straight on it), Peter Pan (15 min queue).

From fantasyland we jumped back on the train and went to frontierland, we went on big thunder montain (20min queue) this it the first time i have kept my eyes open all the way round  :D   my friend screamed all the way round it (just like crush's coaster) and zipped her hoodie jacket all the way up so she couldnt see, haha :lol:

Phantom Manor was the next thing to do, we walked straight onto it and it was great, we went back on it as soon as we got off.

We then went back round to adventureland to do pirates of the carribbean once again, however because it was that quiet (we walked straight onto it again) we went round three times after another. as we knew where the camera was we starting posing on the drop, we got some funny pics  

:D  :D

by this time it was 6.00 and we headed towards the castle to have a look around the castle shops and sleeping beauty windows. My boyfriend bought me a lazer crystal with minnie mouse in it, its gorgeous, as i havent got enough room for any more snowglobes  :cry:

We waited around for Candlebration to start at 7pm, it was good. not the best show i have seen there but its good all the same. When mickey was lighting the candles it was very difficult to see them lit up as it was still light. The whole show lasted for about 10 minutes which i felt was a bit short.

we left the park after the show and went back to planet hollywood for our evening meal as we enjoyed it that much the previous evening.

We done the last bit of the majority of our shopping so we could pack before we had to leave.

We packed our cases and drank the rest of our alcohol before hitting the hay at 1am

RnRCj

Good report :wink: I don't understand why you closed your eyes on Crush's Coaster though since it's dark anyway :P

I'll give you a little tip - The worst thing you can do on any roller coaster if you're scared is close you're eyes! :o It just makes it worse since you don't know what's happening :lol:

loulou

Day Four

I slept through my alarm this morning  :shock: so we missed breakfast once again, as checkout was at 11am we paid 50euros to keep one of our rooms til 5pm.  we went into the park around 12midday and went straight to discoveryland as we still hadnt been on it. We only queued for about 10 mins, we had a very rude french family who was trying to push infront of us, but it was never guna happen because i told them to get to the back of the queue as everyone had been waiting and they had no priority over anyone else,i got a round of applause from everyone. A spanish lady was telling me that every time she had been queuing for Buzz people had always pushed infront of her.

Buzz was great and i got a score of 1,1000, not bad for a girl  8)  lol

we went back onto the train and went right around the park twice and got off at main street to do last minute shopping, i bought a limited edition tinkerbell watch from Harringtons and got 10% discount because that is my surname  :D  :D  :D  

As we walked out of the shop the character express was just starting, it was brilliant, the tune is very catchy and im still singing it now.

As we walked out of the park i was very sad, i hate leaving disneyland  :(  :(  :(  

We walked through disney village for the last time and got stopped by a man who said he could draw us as characters, so we all paid him and got some funny pics of us

went back to santa fe and went back to our room so we could freshen up and put the rest of the things we bought in our cases :)

We booked a taxi for 6.30pm and waited in the lobby for our time to leave  :(

Some random pics below

loulou

All in all i had an absolute ball, i really enjoyed it and i am already seeing if i have the funds to go back with my mum when she goes in december with my auntie.

i miss it already and want to go back so much, im so happy when im in disneyland and its always a downer to leave

loulou

Quote from: "RnRCj"Good report :wink: I don't understand why you closed your eyes on Crush's Coaster though since it's dark anyway :P

I'll give you a little tip - The worst thing you can do on any roller coaster if you're scared is close you're eyes! :o It just makes it worse since you don't know what's happening :lol:

i couldnt see where i was going anyway,  :lol:

tubbsy

Lovely report. :D Steph is looking forward to riding Crush, but shes 13. I'll probably do the same as you! :lol: Problem is RNRCj is trying to presuade your eyes that they should open, cos mine just wont when riding a coaster!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

RnRCj

Quote from: "tubbsy"Lovely report. :D Steph is looking forward to riding Crush, but shes 13. I'll probably do the same as you! :lol: Problem is RNRCj is trying to presuade your eyes that they should open, cos mine just wont when riding a coaster!

I sometimes close my eyes when riding a coaster to make it scarier!

tubbsy

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "tubbsy"Lovely report. :D Steph is looking forward to riding Crush, but shes 13. I'll probably do the same as you! :lol: Problem is RNRCj is trying to presuade your eyes that they should open, cos mine just wont when riding a coaster!

I sometimes close my eyes when riding a coaster to make it scarier!

:shock:  :shock:  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

loulou

just remember to shut your eyes after the jellyfish, lol

mtt

Quotei miss it already and want to go back so much, im so happy when im in disneyland and its always a downer to leave

I know, already thinking of our next trip
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

loulou

Quote from: "mtt"
Quotei miss it already and want to go back so much, im so happy when im in disneyland and its always a downer to leave

I know, already thinking of our next trip

So am i, my mum is going to DLRP in december with my auntie and i might go with them