19th-21st September 2007 ~ Day 1,2&3 report ~ Photos

Started by RnRCj, September 22, 2007, 03:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

This was easily my best DLRP trip yet :D The 15th Anniversary decorations and additions were just wonderful! I want to go back there right now :P

Here's my report.

Day 1
19th September 2007

As we were coming up to Marne La Vallee Chessy by Eurostar, the first thing I saw was Tower of Terror - That thing is HUGE :o It looks much bigger when you're there :lol:

We got off the Eurostar and dumped our bags at the Hotel New York, and then we headed straight for the parks. First stop, Walt Disney Studios!

After entering the park, we headed straight for Rock n Roller Coaster, and I finally managed to ride the Multicolour Soundtracker! I had never ridden that one before, so I was really pleased :D We did a few rides on it, and I don't know if it's just me, but it seems slightly faster now :lol:

Next we headed over to Crush's Coaster. The queue time was only 30 mins so we queued up. The queue moved really fast and before we knew it, we were "ridin' it dude!" :P The ride was really good. I especially liked the dark ride scene where you see Nemo and Squirt - It was very realistic. The coaster part was very fun as well.

After this we rode the Flying Carpets and the Studio Tram Tour, before doing a few more rides on Rock n Roller Coaster :P

Then it was park closing time, so we headed over to Disneyland Park for the Extra Magic Hours. We rode Pirates of the Caribbean first, followed by Big Thunder Mountain twice, then Phantom Manor, and finally Space Mountain: Mission 2. To be honest, I wish I hadn't ridden SM:M2. It was the roughest I've ever known it to be, and I was really in pain :shock: I didn't ride it for the rest of the trip.

By this time we were getting hungry, so we headed to the Disney Village and had a meal in Planet Hollywood for the first time ever. I wasn't that impressed with Planet Hollywood - It didn't have much of an atmosphere. But the meal was nice.

Suddenly day 1 came to end, and I went to sleep looking forward to the next couple of days! :D

Here are the first set of photos from my trip:

^Crush's Coaster dropping out of the showbuilding.

^Sleeping Beauty's Castle with 15th Anniversary Decorations.

^One of the Main Street vehicles.

^The dragon under Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

^The view from our hotel room.

^Cars.

^The Crush's Coaster building.

^Another picture of Cars.

^The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror under construction.

^The Hollywood Boulevard under construction.

Day 2 report coming soon! :wink:

Crush_Love

great pics+ story ;P

you'd luck with 30 min. at crush!!!
 :lol:
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the report, the pics are great :)

What a great view you had from your room :o

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"What a great view you had from your room :o

It was a really great view. Especially at night when the castle was lit up 8)

Maarten

Thanks RnRCj for your tripreport so far. Excellent pics by the way! The view from your room looks quite like a view you would get from Panormagique!

I'm curious to know if attendance was high during your visit? Was it busy or was it quite obvious that everyone went back to school/work? :)

RnRCj

Quote from: "Maarten"I'm curious to know if attendance was high during your visit? Was it busy or was it quite obvious that everyone went back to school/work? :)

When walking around the parks it was pretty busy, but the queue lines were short. I never queued more than 10 minutes for anything apart from Crush's Coaster :wink: There were loads of really young children - Probably because under 7's go free :lol:

tubbsy

Fantastic view from hotel. Where were you staying? Sounds like you had a great time :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

RnRCj

Quote from: "tubbsy"Fantastic view from hotel. Where were you staying?

Hotel New York, top floor :wink:

jazzluvva

great pics, looks like you've had a great trip

RnRCj

Day 2
20th September 2007

After waking up fairly late, we had our breakfast in the Parkside Diner. I really liked it there, it's probably my favourite hotel restaurant :lol:

Then we headed off towards Disneyland Park. We went to Sleeping Beauty's Castle first to see the dragon, and to have a look around. After this we grabbed a Fastpass for Peter Pan's Flight, and then took a ride on Pinocchio.

My cousin (It was her first trip to DLRP) really wanted to ride "it's a small world", so we went over to that next. Even though the queue looked long, it was a walk-on because where the queue divides into two, everybody had gone down the left one. So we went down the right :P I really love "it's a small world" because it's just so colourful and makes me feel happy every time I come of it :D

Next on the list was Casey Jr. This is another ride I really love. It's probably one of the best kiddie roller coasters I've ridden :wink:

Suddenly our time rolled round for Peter Pan's Flight. So we went over to it and got straight on. Even though I like this ride, my cousin said she was slightly disappointed because there wasn't really much to look at in some scenes :?

As we were near Pirates of the Caribbean, we had another go on that. It's still my favourite ride in Disneyland Park. The theming is just wonderful! 8)

Indiana Jones was next. I find it a little rough, but it's still fun. We queued about 2 minutes for it :wink:

After this we went to Discoveryland and grabbed some tickets for The Legend of the Lion King. We saw that the queue for Buzz Lightyear was only 10 minutes, so we went on it and it was actually a walk-on :wink: I got my highest score ever: 825,000 :D

As we came out of Buzz we saw that Autopia was running. So we went straight to it because we had never ridden it before :) I thought it was really fun, although a bit hard to steer :P

When we got off of Autopia, we realised it was almost time for Legend of the Lion King. So we went and queued up outside. When we went in we got a seat about 3 rows from the front. I really enjoyed this show. It was absolutely fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone who visits the resort :wink:

By this time is was almost 4pm, so we went to Main Street USA to watch the Once Upon A Dream Parade. It was definitely one of the highlights of my trip. It was just so beautiful with all the characters and all the new floats :D

When the parade had finished we left Disneyland Park and headed to Walt Disney Studios. Since it was only about an hour until the park closed we had a few rides on Rock n Roller Coaster and then we left.

That night we had a meal in the Parkside Diner, and we also went to the Newport Bay Club to see what it was like there. After having a look around for about 10 minutes I decided that I prefer the Hotel New York. I thought it smelled a bit in the Newport Bay Club and it wasn't as clean :?

Then, after a very tiring day, we went back to our hotel to have some rest for the next day :wink:

Here are the second set of pictures from my trip:

^The Toon Studio backdrop.

^The turtles on the Crush's Coaster building.

^Cinemagique.

^My attempt to take a picture in Rock n Roller Coaster :P

^The High School Musical On Tour show.

^The entrance to Main Street USA.

^Sleeping Beauty's Castle viewed from the Main Street Railroad Station.

^A picture of Holliday at Main Street Railroad Station.

^Frontierland Depot.

^The castle in Alice's Curious Labyrinth.

Day 3 report coming soon!

Crush_Love

wooow really great new pictures  :D
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

Owain

Great Report and Pictures

RnRCj

I made a quick video of Rock n Roller Coaster from the footage we filmed on day 2 :wink: Watch it here:

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60D8-09PYY4

Soap

Great report en pictures!! Thx!!! :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Great report and pics :)