Hotel Cheyenne 10-14 September 2007 days 3, 4 and 5

Started by Rincelex, September 17, 2007, 01:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rincelex

Day 3 – Wednesday

Up at 6.30 today and dressed after a minor tantrum then down to breakfast by 7.30.  There were about 5 people in front of us in the queue but still early enough to go straight in but it did get really busy over the next 15 mins.

We wanted to see Mickey today so we set off for the park and went straight to Casey's Corner at the top of Main Street and got in the queue with only a few people in front of us.

After this we walked back down Main Street and stopped for some more characters then made our way over to Walt Disney Studios.  There were a few characters in the main entrance just before you go through into Studio 1 but it was much more pushy here and whilst we were waiting to see McScrooge there was a guy holding his young daughter in his arms and trying to get through – he must have pushed into the guy standing in front of him and this guy just turned round and shouted at the man and his girl and pushed him backwards.  Ok everybody was trying to get to the character and people were bumping into each other but I don't think there was any need for it and it frightened the little girl.  I was slightly embarrassed as the guy was English (not the guy with the girl, the other one). I don't think its worth getting into a fight over a man in a costume and several times I had already stepped away from characters with my son when it got too mad.

We were in time to see the Cars stunt show and I thought this was great, my husband loved it as they explained how they were doing things and setting up stunts (right up his street) and my son loved it squealing over the motorbikes doing wheelies and the cars jumping over ramps, everything was fine until they started shooting guns at each other and he just flipped and burst into tears and we couldn't stop him crying.  Fortunately this was fairly near the end.

As we came out my husband noticed that the queue for Rock n Roller coaster was quiet short so he jumped on this and we went round to the exit which happened to be right where the Cinema Parade started from so we had a prime spot for this as well.  We all followed the parade over to the other side of the studios and went to have a look at the new Cars and Crush rides.  The Crush ride had a wait time of 1 hour so we gave this one a miss.

I was really disappointed with the Cars ride as it seemed to be the same as the Mad Hatters Tea Cup ride in Disneyland only with cars instead of teacups. I am afraid we had worked ourselves up for this attraction as my son just loves Cars - they did have full size Lightning and Mater cars but you couldn't get up close to them for good photos even if you were on the ride.

We went on to see the Anamagique show which I thought was great, they are very hot in here about catching people with video cameras and the cast members were constantly wandering around shining their torches at people and telling them to turn off cameras.

Next door as you came out are the scream machines which were such a little gem, you scream into them and try to light up all the lights, my son loved it.  There wasn't much else here so we made way back to Disneyland and headed for Fantasyland, the queues for Pinnochio and Snow White were very short or virtually non existent so we rode these.  Why are all these rides so dark? Snow White is basically quiet a happy fairy tale for the most part but nearly all of the ride is in a gloomy atmosphere. We headed for the Disney Railroad as we thought a good sit down might do us all good and this took us up to tea time so went to Plaza Gardens to try their buffet.

Again they were fully booked from 6pm but had a table straightaway and as it was already 5.30 my son was getting hungry already so we went in, I didn't have to pay for his meal and the selection was great, we were able to try a bit of everything and go back for more, the puddings were scrummy and I have to admit that I made a real pig of myself.

It was another EMH night tonight so as we finished our meal the Candleabration was just starting so we stopped and watched this and then after collecting our wristband we all had an explore around Adventure Isle and went on the Pirate Ship.  We went through to Frontierland and my husband rode Big Thunder Mountain and then we left the park and had a nice stroll back to the hotel.

Day 4 – Thursday

We had our Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast today, continental style at the Auberge de Cendrillon which consisted of pretty much the same as they served at the hotel except this time the cereal bowls were polystyrene with paper plates and plastic knives and spoons.

Every time we had come past the Dumbo ride there was a 1 hour wait, not this morning there was no-one there so we jumped on and would have had a second ride without getting off but my son insisted that he wanted to get out and didn't like it. You are supposed to control the up and down with the lever in front of you but mine didn't work. We then did Small World and went straight to Fantasy Festival Stage for the Winnie the Pooh and Friends Too show at 10.30.

This was my favourite show and it was half English half French not that I was really listening to the story, this was the first time that I saw my son interact with a show/ride, he kept pointing out the characters and telling me what they were doing.  After this we went and looked round the Sleeping Beauty story upstairs in the castle and thought we would try the Autopia ride, the queues here were quite long and not moving very fast at all so we decided to come back the next morning and head straight for this ride on opening.

We left the parks and went to Val d'Europe by car – it was easy to find and only took us about 10 minutes to get there and parking was easy as there was plenty of room.  We went into the Sea Life Centre which is run by the same people who run the sea life centres around the UK so it did seem very familiar, we went to Tesco's there but they only sold drinks and to be honest we had enough at home. I was looking in particular for two things which was some perfume and a scooter for my son.  I asked about the perfume at two shops but they said that they could not get it in France (it was only the Kylie one – not exactly obscure) and when I did find the scooter in Toys R Us of all places it was actually £5 dearer than at home.

We drove back to the hotel and went back to Disneyland as we had made a reservation at Plaza Gardens for 6pm, we had a quick look around the Disney Village shops and then went into the park.  My husband did Indiana Jones again and then on our way to the restaurant the Disneyland Character Express was at the bottom of the castle so stopped and watched this, all the characters get off at the end and basically get mobbed by people.

As we came out of the restaurant Candleabration was just starting and my son was pointing and asking where Mickey and Pluto were so we stood and watched this again.  The music is good and quite catchy and he was dancing around to it.

We walked back again tonight and went round the lake past Newport Bay Club and Sequioa Lodge, we had looked in New York the previous night and we still thought we had made the best choice of hotels in the Cheyenne.

Day 5 – Friday

Last day today, another early breakfast and then my son did the pony ride at the Cheyenne, I think this was probably his favourite ride, you get to lead the pony yourself up and down the road between the hotel buildings so ideal for stopping whenever you want for photos – got a good one of him outside our building, Annie Oakley.

We went in and headed straight for Autopia this morning and even though we were there for rope drop we were still not the first in the queue, a lot of other people had the same idea and I think half went for Autopia and half for Buzz Lightyear.  We followed this by a ride round the lake on the Molly Brown which had been shut up until today, we walked back through Adventureland and went into Le Passage Enchante d'Aladdin which was a walk through with scenes from the Aladdin story.

My husband and son went for a climb around the Swiss Family Robinson Tree house which they both liked, this is very deceiving because when you are looking up from the ground you just see a tree covered in leaves but if you stand and look closely you realise that there are people climbing around almost right up to the top of the tree.

Back down Main Street doing a bit of shopping on the way and then there was time for a ride up to the castle in the Police Wagon and a ride back down on the Fire Truck, just after this the Disneyland Character Express came out so we stopped for this before we left.

We are on our way by 2pm and with a stop at City Europe and the Hypermarket before getting the train we were home by 10pm.

We had a really good time and despite me not being a fan of big rides (I am the designated bag/camera holder) I still thoroughly enjoyed it.  My son had a great time and all the way home kept asking where Mickey and Tigger where.

Sorry there are no photos, we have plenty over 400, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Tracy

mumof1

Just as a small point of interest, it was MY husband who pushed the guy back in the queue to see Donald Duck.
We had been standing there for almost 10 minutes, and for the whole time this man had been shoving, pushing and leaning on us. He had already made one small child cry by pushing them out of the way (I would like to add that I beckoned the child back and let her in front of me to ease her upset!)
My hubby is a very mild man and never loses his temper, but this person behind suddenly pushed forward so hard that he almost sent our young son flying and this prompted my husband to push the man back. It wasn't dramatic at all, hubby pushed the man in the shoulder and said that he could push too, that was it!
So I am sorry if you felt embarassed about it, however, knowing the full facts may you understand what finally tipped him over the edge. I'm sure that if someone had knocked your small child flying you would have the urge to protect him too.

Disneyana

Nice report !
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

RnRCj

Good report! :D Seems like it was pretty busy but you seemed to have a great time anyway :wink:

mtt

good report  :D
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

Rincelex

Sorry mumof1 but I don't think it was your husband that I saw. It must have been somebody else.

It was not Donald Duck that we were waiting to see and the guy with the girl arrived next to me after I had been waiting there about 5mins at which point I decided to give up because there were too many people, he had only been standing there about a minute when it happened and he left at the same time I did with the girl in her pushchair and we followed them into Studio 1.

Tracy