Reianas Trip report 09.09.07 - 13.09.07 Part 1

Started by Reiana, September 15, 2007, 08:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiana

Party: Me (35), Hubby 39, DD (9 month), Friends (43m and 38f)

Friends picked us up at saturday evening (08.08.07) at 10 p.m.
After a very long but pleasant drive and a short break we arrived at the Sequoia Logde at about 9:00 a.m.
A lot of people we coming and going and the lobby was very busy.
Hubby and his friend checked in, while little one got a nappy change. Rooms should by ready be 3 p.m. So we gathered our most important belongings (digicams  :wink: ) and headed for the Disneyland Park.
First thing to do. Find Chip and Dale because DD loves them so much. We where lucky and found them right after the entrance on Main Street. DD was so delighted and had a big  :D on her face.
Along with Chip and Dale came Friar Tuck and Nottingham. Nottingham started to tickle DD and she started to laugh. Nottingham was so pleased with that, he played with her almost another five minutes. :D
After we met Rafiki, Foul Fellow and some Country bears too, it was time for a coffeebreak. After the long drive, we all were a little bit tired.
During coffeebreak Alpha Be You Are came along, but was only spelling DISNEY. Don't know where the LAND was.
After coffeebreak it was time for the first ride.
Pirates of the Caribbean.
Little ones first ride ever. So, what can I say. She fell asleep :roll: right in the middle of the action, where the pirates ship is.
Pirates itself were great. Everything was working, even the chicken in their baskets.
Next stop Big Thunder Mountain. Waiting time 45 min. (Yes it was worth the wait) Hubby was waiting outside and didn't want to do the baby switch because he was still tired. So I did it with our friends together.
BTM looks good but the dove droppings on the rocks looked a little bit disgusting  :?
After BTM we did the Riverboats and the Keelboats.
3 p.m. rooms are ready. Final check in.
Next stop Walt Disney Studios.
First thing you see after you leave Studio 1 is Tower of Terror and Hollywood Boulevard.
All I can say is WOW  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  Picutres can't capture the impact ToT has. Amazing.
Friends and hubby did Art of Animation, because it was the last day before 4 days closure. Meanwhile I walked over to Toon Studios.
Crush was down and waiting time was about one hour. Cars was running and had a 35 min wait.
In my opinion, Toon Studios is nice, but very small. I think it looks better in pictures than in real live.  :?
Next stop Rock'n Roller Coaster, because our friends are big coaster fans. This time, there was no need to use baby switch because there was 0 min. waiting time and RRC was a walk on. It was one of the last rides of the day and cast members where goofing around with the guests.  :lol: Very loud and very funny.
After we left WDS we went back to out hotel and had dinner at Hunters Grill (Buffet).
After dinner we went to bed.

RnRCj

Great report Reiana :D I laughed quite hard when I read this statement:

"Little ones first ride every. So, what can I say. She fell asleep.  right in the middle of the action, where the pirates ship is."

:P

tubbsy

Reiana, lovely reprot. I too had a giggle at your little one falling asleep! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club