Disneyana Tripreport Day 2

Started by Disneyana, September 13, 2007, 05:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyana

Hello everyone !

Thanks to all reading my first day report and for your nice comments. So I don't want to let you wait longer so here is the second day. Oh and sorry that it is so long, but I just love to share all the things of my time at DLP with you.  :wink:

Day 2 4th September

Today the Wake-up Call rang and Goofy told us to get up for a new and very exciting day. And so we did at 9:45 a.m. We went to the Yacht Club for breakfast and had exactly the same table as we had for dinner the day before. We enjoyed breakfast very much and even as it was very crowded it was very good organised. Then we walked around Lake Disney to the Parks.  Panoramagique was not flying because of the very much wind. Today it wasn't raining but the sky was grey and it was cold again. Sometimes a little bit of sunshine peeped out, but not much. We did a little shopping in the Disney Village and went on to the Park where we first went into the Boardwalk Candy Palace. I adore that place. It looks delicious and there are so many delicious things to buy and eat. As we were looking for some sweets I heared the music of Alphabetyouare. And so we went out and to our surprise the show had just begun. But normally it shouldn't, because it was not mentioned in the Programm brochure. But I was happy to see it and it was great. We loved that little letter parade which looks funny. And the Pluto style A was great. He did a lot of funny acts. After the show we we went to Frontierland right through Fort Comstock. And then we first just relaxed at the nice and calm atmosphere of the Old West. We enjoyed the beautiful landscape around Big Thunder Mountain and listened to the great western classics. I just love Frontierland, I think it is the best themed land of DLP. But then it was time to do something and so we first catched a Fast Pass for BTM, because today it was again crowded. Then we did Phantom Manor. And we strolled a bit around Boot Hill, but as there came some knocks from one of the graves we became frightened and went away. We glanced at the shops of Frontierland and rode with BTM using our Fast Pass,and then the time for our Character lunch had come. We had a reservation for 1:45 p.m., but we were not the only ones. So we waited a little while and then we were inside a very crowded saloon. We got a table and then we could start to get something to eat. The buffet was not the expacted Tex Mex food. That was a bit disappointing but we found something for our taste. So we had pasta salad, fries, meat balls and some desserts. But because it was so crowded not all the Characters came to us. So we missed Baloo, the Sheriff of Nottingham and Daisy. I was really sad not getting a photo with Daisy and so was my husband. Yes we are grown-ups, but when Characters come we are like children again. We just took photos with one of the Countrybears, Chip or was it Chap ? and with my hero Mickey, who kissed me. And that was enough for me, a photo, a hug and a kiss from my favourite Character. I was happy for the rest of the day.

After the Character lunch we took a tour with the refurbished Molly Brown. The ship looked brighter than ever and so we just relaxed at that calm ride. Sadly the Keelboats were not operating and so we left Frontierland and went to Discoveryland.

There we started with Buzz. We're not so good shooters, but anyway it's just a lot of fun. My husband had made 48.000 points and I only 15.000. For me it really is a problem to see where my laser points at.  :wink:  We bought the On Ride photo and went on to Space Mountain. There was just a 5 min queue and we enjoyed the ride a lot. But it was much wilder then we remembered and the ride was very bumpy too.  Next we queued for HISTA and enjoyed the show too. Although my husband don't likes it, but we did Star Tours anyway. After it we had a discussion about if there is any attraction I don't like at DLP. My husband doesn't like Star Tours but I do, and he cannot understand this. So he asked if I even don't like any attraction at DLP. I thought sharply but none came into my mind. At least I said Nautilus, but my husband wasn't satisfied and said infact I'm just too much in love with DLP and he smiled, and I smiled too, because he was right.  :wink:  :lol:

We were just in a very good mood and we were so happy being just the two of us at DLP. Oh yes and the other thousand guests around us.  :wink:  So evening has come and so it was time for Candleabration. We found a good place in front of the stage from where I could film the show. The show was so lovely. I really had tears in my eyes at some parts. But I couldn't see the lights going on. My husband could, but while I was lokking through the camera I couldn't. Oh and at this time the weather had started to be nice. The sun was peeping out again. After Candleabration we left the park, but just after we did a bit more shopping in Main Street.  :lol:  This time we shopped through the shops on the right side. And then we went for dinner to Planet Hollywood. We had a very friendly and funny looking waiter and the service was great. And the food was good value for a good price. My husband had the Chicken Cesar Salad and I had the Sizziling Faijatas with mixed meat. And as those dishes were much we didn't wanted a dessert. So we strolled through the Village and my husband did this thing in front of the Fashion store. I don't know the name in english. With a kind of a big hammer you bump onto a thing and then lights go up and you get points how strong you are. Hope you have understand me.  :?  My husband just got 86 points, not much, but my husband is a very small man and not a visitor of a gym.  :wink:  :D  As I was freezing again I wanted to buy me a sweater. We went into the Fashion store and met there the friendly Cast Member David from which we had bought the Mickey figure the day before. We had a nice chit chat with him and then I found a very nice Hoodie sweater with a golden Mickey on the back.

We walked back to our hotel room. The hotel fassade looked wonderful with the lights on and the lighted lighttower perfectly fit. We had a glance at the pool from the outside too. As we arrived at our room we were welcomed from our plush puppets on the bed. The nice men from the cleaning had put them there for us. How funny. But then the disaster began. I realised that I had lost one of my shopping bags. I started to cry like a child. There was stuff for 60 euros in it and I had lost it, but I didn't knew where. I went to the reception and they phoned the Planet Hollywood and asked if they found a shopping bag. But nothing. I went to the Fashion store and asked there but nothing. So the only thing more I could do was to ask in the City Hall in the next day. And if I found the shopping bag I'll tell you in the next part.

I just calmed down and then we felt aslepp again peaceful.

Once again long and I hope you're not bored. Two more parts to come if you want. I will write and post them on the weekend and I hope to upload the photos then too.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Owain

Another Great Report !  :)

Sorry to here of your losed bag.

Hope you found it !  :(

RnRCj

Sounds like you had a great time on Day 2 (Apart from the back business, I hope you found it :().

It seems that people go to Disneyland park for the first couple of days, and then to the Studios, but for me it's the other way around :P I can't wait to see your WDS report :wink:

mtt

thanks for the report, hope you found your bag
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

lukesmom

Great Report. I hope you found your bag! Can't wait to read your next two installments.  :D
Emma xx

miss disney fan

another great trip report for day two, cant wait to here if you found your bag or not (hope you did tho)

tubbsy

lovely report Disneyana :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Soap

Great read Disneyana ;-) Hope you've found your bag!

Can't wait to see your pictures tho! :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Nala_84

I already know what happened to the bag :shock:

But it's much fun to read your reports, although I'd have found it easier to read it in German ;)!

And I'm sooo curious and can't wait to see your pictures :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]