Disneyana's tripreport Day 1

Started by Disneyana, September 12, 2007, 04:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyana

Hello everybody !

I'm back from a more than wonderful trip to DLP. What should I say, it was fantastic. And of course I want to share a bit of my wonderful time I had with you. So here starts my tripreport:

Day 1 3rd September
At 3 a.m. as it was still night and very dark and I guess almost everybody was aslepp except of us two, me and my husband got up and ready and at 3:45 a.m. we were on the road leading us to the land where dreams become reality. After a nice car drive through some bad rain showers we arrived at Newport Bayclub hotel at 9:30 a.m. The hotel looked so beautyful with the light blue, white and creme fassade. It really appealed more to me then the Disneyland Hotel, which does look a tiny little bit too kitschy with all the pink.  :wink:  We parked our car in front of the Convention center, took our luggage and went into the hotel. And wow the reception was sooo crowded. It was true that the hotel was booked out and so there were a lot of people there. But anyway the Check - In was fast and without any problems. I had a young french speaking woman and everything was fine. Our room wasn't ready yet so we searched the Baggagerie, which is outside of the building. Then we took a little look into the hotelshop and because it was raining a bit, I bought a rainponcho for my husband. I already had one and I put it on. But my husband don't wanted to put his one on, because he found it ugly. After all there wasn't any rain anymore so I had bought it for nothing.

We walked to the park through the Disney Village and had some first glances into some shops there. As we arrived in the DL Park the Character Express was about to begin. We watched the new styled Casey Jr. train coming through the gates. There were a lot of Characters on it as Eyeore, Smee, Pluto and so on. And Gideon from Pinocchio danced some cool breakdance moves. The tune of this little parade is soo great. We walked behind the train up the Main Street and we were dancing the whole time to that song. As I was standing in front of the castle I was astonished how beautyful it looked and I was so happy being here that I started to cry, which was not the last cry on that trip.  :wink: We took some pics of all the golden statues and then strolled through the castle gallery. Then we went to Snow White where we waited 15 minutes. But the ride was lovely as ever. The park was more crowded as we had expected. The average waiting time was always between 20 and 30 minutes. I have never seen a waiting line for Alice's Labyrinth!  :shock:  This was some kind of a shock for me and so we don't visited this attraction.

As we don't really had a breakfast, we went to Au Chalet de la Marionett and ate some great Burgers. The Onletteburger was delicious. Then I bought some Pins at the Pin cart in fantasyland and we went on to IASW. This attraction is not only one of my favs, it's also one of my husbands favs. Which is a bit strange for a man isn't it ?!  :wink:  After IASW we met Suzy from Cinderella and took a nice photo with her. We strolled to Adventureland and rode our other favourite attraction Pirates. After it we walked to Frontierland because we wanted to ride BTM, but the queue was too long.So we just strolled around back to Adventureland, took some photos here and there and walked through the Aladdin Passage. Then it was time for watching the OUADP. We went to IASW to watch the Parade from here, because at this place it wasn't that crowded. But you know on this trip there were a lot of unpolite guests there. I will not say now from where there were, but it's not the first time that I found out, that they're not really having good manners. They were always very loud and sometimes rude, shouting into my ear. They were spitting on the floor, walking through the flowerbeds and so on. So as the Parade began they were standing on the grass and in the fenced flowerbeds at IASW. That really annoyed me a lot. Why do people not respect some of the DLP rules ?! :twisted:  Except of this the Parade was wonderful. We saw the Princessfloat stop and I loved it how Cinderella, Aurora and their princes whirled around. Their dresses were so beautiful. And Jasmin and Aladdin acted so romantic. Sadly as we were standind too far away I couldn't find out about the smells.

As the Parade was finished my hand was totally shacking, but not because I was so nervous about the Parade :D , no it was because I was standing on a nerve while I filmed the whole parade. That was a bit spooky. After the Parade we felt a bit tired because of the early journey we had, so we decided to just do a little shopping in Main Street and then leave the park.

We walked back to the hotel and got our key and luggage. We had room 4291 on the 4th floor in a corner at the end of the corridor. The room was so big, much bigger then the room we had at the DLH. And it was very nice. We had two windows. One next to the bed from which we could see a nice part of a park. The other was opposite the bed and from there we had a look to the exit of the kitchen. So sometimes we saw some of the stuff there. We just packed out our things and got a little refreshed, changed our clothes and then went to the Yacht Club, where we had a reservation for dinner at 7:30 p.m.

The restaurant was gorgeous. It looked very elegant and we had a nice table at the window looking over the Lake at Sunset. The dinner there was good, but way too expensive. For two main dishes, two desserts, a non alcohol cocktail and a coke I paid 80 Euros. You know I'm not keen on spending a lot of money on good food. And the food and the service was good. But we were still hungry and we're not big eaters. You pay the same price at Blue Lagoon, but there is more on your plate to fed you as in the Yacht Club. So if you're hungry don't go to the Yacht Club.  :wink:  :D  But the food was good and delicious. I had the Rack of lamb and the America's Cup for dessert, which was my totally taste. It was perfect. But my cocktail was a sensation. As it arrived it smoked and it bubbled and later the glass was frozen. So that was a cocktail with Special Effects and it tasted very good. It was mixed from orangejuice, pineapplejuice and mint. After the dinner we wanted to go to the Village.

And it was cold. I had no jacket with me and so I was freezing. And the best thing to do against freezing was shopping !  :lol: And we bought a lot even on the first day. As we had strolled and bought something here and there I was still searching for a snowglobe. I wanted to buy two nice, big snowglobes, but there wasn't one which I just liked. And then I saw something very beautiful. In the shop window of the Disney Gallery store I saw a nice big Mickey as a pirate figur. It looked amazing with a flickering lamp and a treasure chest and so on. I was standing in front of it with shining eyes and so was my husband. We looked at each other and I asdked him if he was thinking the same ?! And so we went into the shop and bought it. There was a very friendly Cast Member, with the name David. He gave us the very big cardboard box and with it we walked back to the hotel. The whole way I thought that I'm crazy buying that figure for 169 Euros, but you know, now I'm always so happy looking at it when I wake up or go to bed.  :wink:  :D

We stored the box in our car and went to our room where we took a nice warm shower and felt heavenly asleep. And I was so happy that my time at DLP had just began.

hope I haven't bored you with that long part of my trip. and if anyone is interested I will post the 2nd day here in the next days.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Owain

Hope you had a great trip !  :)

Do you have any pictures of your trip ?

Sorry to hear about those spitters but glad to hear you had a beautiful trip.  :D

tubbsy

I am frantically saving to get myself an impulse buy like yours! I would love to see photos.

Sounds like you had a great time :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Disneyana

Thanks to both of you for reading my report. we made 650 photos, now I need to sort the best ones out and will upload them as quick as I can. And I will post the link to the photos then when my report is finished ok ?!  :wink:

Owain

Yeah thats ok Disneyana, all we care about is that you had a great time at DLRP.  :)

Nala_84

A great report of a great first day :)! I'm really looking forward to the rest of your report and to the photos, of course!!!  :ears:

And I'll mail you back on Friday ;)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

miss disney fan

great report, cant wait for the other days you were there, BTW make sure you get a pic of your new lamp for us  :lol:

RnRCj

A very good report and I'm glad you had a good time on your first day :) Can't wait to see the other days!

giorgio1712

Great report, very detailed! Looking forward to hearing the next day(s?) reports. How long did you stay for?

Soap

Great first day Disneyana!! Sounds so relax and i 'm SO jealous!  :oops:

" And then I saw something very beautiful. In the shop window of the Disney Gallery store I saw a nice big Mickey as a pirate figur. It looked amazing with a flickering lamp and a treasure chest and so on. I was standing in front of it with shining eyes and so was my husband. We looked at each other and I asdked him if he was thinking the same ?! And so we went into the shop and bought it. There was a very friendly Cast Member, with the name David. He gave us the very big cardboard box and with it we walked back to the hotel. The whole way I thought that I'm crazy buying that figure for 169 Euros, but you know, now I'm always so happy looking at it when I wake up or go to bed."

Hahahha my mom bought the same figur on her last trip. She was totally in love with it!  :lol:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Hommi16

great report...can't wait reading more. very detailed, keep on writing like that..
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

Disneyana

Quote from: "miss disney fan"great report, cant wait for the other days you were there, BTW make sure you get a pic of your new lamp for us  :lol:

Lamp ?! I guess you mean the Pirate Figure, sure I will put a picture of it online too.  :wink:

Dlrpfan

cool beans Welcome back Disneyanya great trip report!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Disneyana

http://pp.mousekingdom.com/displayimage ... =458&pos=0

My very much beloved Mickey as a pirate figure  :mickey2: