Disney Facts On A Must Know Basis!

Started by Javey74, September 12, 2007, 01:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Talking of Walt's appartment....

Walt was going to build another, larger appartment in Disneyland, in Orleans Square, on top of Pirates of the Caribbean. Unfortunately he died before the ride (and the appartment) were completed.

The appartment was finally built in 2008, using the original designs (by Dorothea Redmond) and turned into Disney's Dream Suite; people could win stays in the Suite as part of the Year of a Million Dreams.

luke85

These facts are great, I love stuff like this! Thanks for posting :)

burntsienna

Quote from: "never2old"Talking of Walt's appartment....

Walt was going to build another, larger appartment in Disneyland, in Orleans Square, on top of Pirates of the Caribbean. Unfortunately he died before the ride (and the appartment) were completed.

The appartment was finally built in 2008, using the original designs (by Dorothea Redmond) and turned into Disney's Dream Suite; people could win stays in the Suite as part of the Year of a Million Dreams.

Wow!!!
Thats Suite is amazing, I'd love to stay there! Its beautiful!  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

never2old

I know!! My favourite bit is the bathroom (and that jacuzzi....) - just imagine starting your day there!! Then follow it by a coffee on the veranda... It must be amazing...

burntsienna

Quote from: "never2old"I know!! My favourite bit is the bathroom (and that jacuzzi....) - just imagine starting your day there!! Then follow it by a coffee on the veranda... It must be amazing...
My favourite bit is the bathroom too followed by the amazing bed! It's just so amazing! The view is another of my favourite parts  :lol:  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Clarebelle

I always liked the train feature, a nice little extra
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Eager_Eyes

I'm liking all the facts too, I actually knew most of them though I found out by going on the Keys to the Kingdom tour in Magic Kingdom in Florida.  It really is a great way of finding out amazing trivia I would highly recommend it if any of you are planning a trip to Florida.

Like this one when Walt was buying the land that WDW is currently on he set up lots of small pretend companies as if he came straight out and said that he wanted to buy all the land for new Disney theme parks then the price would of shot straight up!  One of the companies was called M.T. Lott (nothing there as it doesn't really exist) and the managing director for this company was Minnine Mouse! That is why M.T. Lott is written on top of one of the windows on Main Street.

When it was discovered that Disney was planning on buying up land the last few acres that were purchased cost more then the rest of the land put together.

Javey74

I'd heard that one before somewhere, but thanks for the reminder..  :wink:  Still really interesting..  :D

Alexander

Quote from: "Javey74"Too end on a stranger note, Disneyland saved a war between the Soviets and the Americans............In 1959, Disneyland was closed down for the day to allow Nikita Kruschev, the then Soviet Premier, to visit.  The only other visitors present were security men and some carefully screened celebrities.  Kruschev had threatened to end peace talks with the American government unless he got his outing!  :shock:  :shock:
Sorry, untrue. Read here.

Quote from: "Captain Pan"And Wether or not there be a Basketball Court in Anaheim's Mountain which Holds the Matterhorn.
That is true, look here.

More fun things can be found at snopes.com, they guys are famous for debunking Urban Legends and always do very precise research...
Life is different.

Javey74

Quote from: "Alexander"
Quote from: "Javey74"Too end on a stranger note, Disneyland saved a war between the Soviets and the Americans............In 1959, Disneyland was closed down for the day to allow Nikita Kruschev, the then Soviet Premier, to visit.  The only other visitors present were security men and some carefully screened celebrities.  Kruschev had threatened to end peace talks with the American government unless he got his outing!  :shock:  :shock:
Sorry, untrue. Read here.
My source is only as good as yours, so we'll beg to differ on this one..  :wink:

Alexander

Quote from: "Javey74"My source is only as good as yours, so we'll beg to differ on this one..  :wink:
Well, my source cites IT'S sources, does yours?
Life is different.

Javey74

Quote from: "Alexander"
Quote from: "Javey74"My source is only as good as yours, so we'll beg to differ on this one..  :wink:
Well, my source cites IT'S sources, does yours?
Mine was from the Walt Disney Family Archives..  :wink:  :mrgreen:

Alexander

What, no link?
Life is different.

never2old

Not wanting to cause any trouble here, until recently I thought that the story about the park being closed for Khrushchev was true... But it's not. They thought that the security risk was too great and he was denied his wish to visit the park (to Disney's and Khrushev's dissapointment)

You can read about it here, or here, and even hear it from Walt himself:

[youtube:qglcseus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeiaA43eD_o[/youtube:qglcseus]

Alexander

Yes I agree, thanks for those. To me it's an undisputed fact.
I'd prefer facts to be facts, and urban legends to be recognized as such.
Life is different.