am i the only person who does not collect pins?

Started by loulou, September 06, 2007, 05:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TowMater

I don't collect pins, My mum doesn't let me but I do have a Simba pin I brought from Spain a few years ago.

I'll try to collect some at my next Disney holiday. (Next May at WDW)
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Nala_84

I don't collect pins, too ;)! Not in that Pin-Trading-way. We only buy one pin of the year we were there, one of the hotel we stayed in (as far as we stayed there for the first time) and maybe another one (this year for example the 15th-logo-pin). :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Soap

Me neither....;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Flounder

I have very few pins - but all of them are kinda special. They came out for special occasions (conventions, xmas ...) and were never really available in stores or whatsoever. They sell good on eBay nowadays - but as a collector of everything Disney I will keep them until my final day ;)

Parkfisch

I've just got an old Space Mountain pin. I'm not interested in that things. But everybody should get lucky !  :lol:

DisneyAlba

Nope, loulou, you're not the only one!  :wink:
I don't collect pins either.

For some reason, however, I do own 4 Disney pins - and one of those is traded. You see, when I stayed in WDW (in 2001), both my mum and I received a complimentary pin (Mickey as band leader). My mum gave me hers, so I traded my spare one for a pin of the beautiful castle.
The other two pins I own, were gifts. A Lilo&Stitch one, and a Big Thunder Mountain one (because I was so brave to ride it :wink: ).

I, for one, really don't get the pin trading craze.... Sorry guys!
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

loulou

i agree that some of the pins are really nice etc but if i buy something i dont tend to want to trade it if ya get me!!

but i suppose its good im not into pins because i always end up coming home from disneyland bankrupt anyway, lol

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

Masamune

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"
Quote from: "Masamune":) I have over 100 pins now. That's not a lot compared to the proper collectors out there, since I only buy/trade for pins of characters I like, not for pins that I think may be worth something.

I think that's the key to being a collector. Buy what you like and not what you think is a good investment, if it turns out to be a good investment then that's a bonus.
*Nods* :lol: The people who had set up stalls at the Pin Trading Night I went to had some scarily huge collections. As long as I just stick to pins of characters I like, my collection should hopefully never go overboard. :P

Anonymous

What do you class as overboard?  :lol:

madzilla

I started off collecting pins that had a special meaning to me - the ones of rides I'd been on, the hotel(s) I'd stayed in, restaurants I'd eaten at, the year, any special events, etc. But I soon became addicted, and started to buy pins of characters I liked and so on - there are so many gorgeous ones!

I've never traded, because I tend to buy ones I love and then not want to part with them! But I might pick up some duplicates and give it a go the next time I'm there!

I'm looking forward to looking through all the new ones the next time I'm there.

TowMater

I've just won a bid on a few Cars pins.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Masamune

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"What do you class as overboard?  :lol:
For myself, over 200 would be overboard. :o Although I like pin collecting, they're just one thing (like Beanie Babies), and I seriously regret all the money I spent on Beanie Babies. :P I don't want to collect so many pins that I regret it.

:lol: My Cheshire collection can happily grow and grow though, because so many of my Cheshire things are different.

15MagicalYears

I don't trade pins,
but I collect them  :P

Angela

I do not collect pins and I hardly buy them.. I bought one of Pooh and Tigger 2 years ago and got one from my aunt of Tigger that same week.. that is all I have.. I have looked at pins last time I was there but I still think 6 or more euro is far to much for something I won't wear...  :D

loulou

Well, i bought a pin while i was there.

It is in the shape of Mickey''s head and has white diamontes in it. It cost me 8 euros (i think)

There is loads of nice pins over there but i would never wear them and im quite happy with the one i got

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star