am i the only person who does not collect pins?

Started by loulou, September 06, 2007, 05:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou

It seems to be that everyone is pin mad (not that it is a bad thing)

i am wondering if i am the only person who does not collect them?

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

Crush_Love

why don't you collect??
i love pins!!!!!!!!!
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

loulou

Quote from: "Crush_Love"why don't you collect??
i love pins!!!!!!!!!

i have got 3 pins but thats it, i have never really seen the attraction for them to be honest but they do make some lovely ones

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:

Masamune

:P I never saw the attraction either, until our visit in April 2005. My cousin went with us on that trip, and before we left for the Park on the day of our arrival, my cousin bought the Jessica Rabbit lanyard starter kit from the Sante Fe shop, just because she thought it looked nice.

:o As we were walking along, she started reading what it said on the packaging about Pin Trading. :lol: By the time she had finished reading, we were heading back to the Sante Fe shop to get me a Jessica lanyard too. We also bought some pins for 3 Euros so we had some extras to trade, and it just went from there!

:) I have over 100 pins now. That's not a lot compared to the proper collectors out there, since I only buy/trade for pins of characters I like, not for pins that I think may be worth something.

loulou

Quote from: "Masamune":P I never saw the attraction either, until our visit in April 2005. My cousin went with us on that trip, and before we left for the Park on the day of our arrival, my cousin bought the Jessica Rabbit lanyard starter kit from the Sante Fe shop, just because she thought it looked nice.

:o As we were walking along, she started reading what it said on the packaging about Pin Trading. :lol: By the time she had finished reading, we were heading back to the Sante Fe shop to get me a Jessica lanyard too. We also bought some pins for 3 Euros so we had some extras to trade, and it just went from there!

:) I have over 100 pins now. That's not a lot compared to the proper collectors out there, since I only buy/trade for pins of characters I like, not for pins that I think may be worth something.

when i go there a week on monday, i might see what it is all about

-breeno-

i'm not a fan of pins, i've never seen what was so big about them really.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

benjy

I've got a few pins but i'm not mad on them!!!
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Masamune":) I have over 100 pins now. That's not a lot compared to the proper collectors out there, since I only buy/trade for pins of characters I like, not for pins that I think may be worth something.

I think that's the key to being a collector. Buy what you like and not what you think is a good investment, if it turns out to be a good investment then that's a bonus.

RnRCj

I don't collect pins, but I may start on my next visit :wink:  :lol:

mtt

I have a few pins i got off ebay and some from wdw, but never traded any, just buy what i like
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

miss disney fan

my son has about 20-25 pins from our last two trips, we have never seem the appeal in collecting them, it was just a case of going into the shop and he would pick out afew while i was looking at the stand

Anonymous

I started out at DLRP in March 06, just buying a few, but by the end of the week, I'd spent quite a lot on pins. It was pretty much the same with all my Disney collecting. From a couple of plush Mickey's, a Donald and a Goofy, I then went on to a huge collection of plush toys. And from a few ornaments and snowglobes, I started collecting lots of stuff. But the focus on my collecting is really Belle, and secondly Ariel, and then the other Princesses. Although I do collect other Disney stuff that appeals when I come across it.

Owain

I started when i was 8  :lol:

Started collecting at WDW, got quite a few and abotu 3 - 4 Le.

But never really caught onto it at DLRP.

I only have 4 pins from there !  :)

Japper

I collect pins , but only the ones that I really like and not only from Disney but also from other parks!

I have some of Disneyland Paris , Universal Orlando , Alton Towers , Efteling , Phantasialand and Disneyland Anaheim!

Many parks , but only like 50-70 pins in 4/5 years

giorgio1712

I have about 20 pins but only of characters or rides that I like. The thing is I can't find normal pins ie. non LE ones on the internet, only the really exspensive and collectable ones, so i'm going to get some more when I go next tiem.