favourite place to watch the parade

Started by maji, August 28, 2007, 03:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giuly09

Quote from: "disney_dudette"I sit on the seats by the stage at the side of Cinderellas Castle, and the front seats were reserved for children and some of the sides werern't reserved so people could sit there, and the walking characters come up close! We got a High 5! WoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoW!

We saw the parade from the terrace just above the stage's seats and it's a good place to take pictures. We had not the chance to interatc with characters as you could do when you are along the road of course.

Anonymous

Have to change my mind to outside Bella Notte now. The Princess floats stop here, it isn't quite as busy and you get head on shots of the floats as they come out the gates and side on shots as they pass by.

stawes

I don't have a favorite place  but there are the ones I've watched the former wonderful world of Disney parade/princess parade.
Queue area of small world fantastic
Seating near the fantasyland arch. good
Outside the castle (to busy really)  OK
On Main Stree ok t the  discrovivy arcade side near the cafe which opens up into eating and drinking space.
Up at main  street station exclent
Outside main street vechals avage
Near discovey acarde town square end
There will be a few new ones next year

thekirtley

Our favourite places to watch the parade are either in the station at main street or in the queue for small world
DLP visitor since the age of 2.
:)
Part time Student, Full Time Disney enthusiast.
:D

disneyspells1

We stand by the train station near city hall, it's nt too crowded and you get to see all the floats coming towards you.  It is fantastic.  Great spot for filming and photographs

RockNRoller

Like the view from the Station steps but its not so good for filming from as there is a lamp post in the middle of the shot. Always watch the parade from different sides of Main Street so you can see both sides of the floats, best spot is the corner as Main Street opens into the square.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

-b-e-n-9-5-

I like watching the parades either up at Main street station, by the castle or by small world :D
Where Magic Lives

Crush_Love

at the main street there where peter pan  has his stop
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

Disneyana

We always watch the parade from Town Square. The best is just at the corner of Emporium. Or just near the gate where the Parade ends. We watched the Parade from IASW queue area, but I don't liked that spot. In my opinion you're not close enough to see all so clearly.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anonymous

Disneyana, you need to stand outside Bella Notte. That's where I got my Day 3 and 4 photo's from on my recent visit. Awesome views as the Princess floats stop here and you get them all dancing around in front of you.

Disneyana

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Disneyana, you need to stand outside Bella Notte. That's where I got my Day 3 and 4 photo's from on my recent visit. Awesome views as the Princess floats stop here and you get them all dancing around in front of you.

Yes thank you, as I saw your pics I made a note to stand at this place on my next visit. I hope I will make then some nice pics of the Parade like you did.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anonymous

It's a fairly quiet spot too. You get the first views of the floats as they come out the gates, and you get nice head on shots of the floats as they come towards you, and you're just on a bend, so you also get them turning for side on shots, and rear shots as they move away. The first parade stop is when the last float clears these gates, which is the second Dreams of Romance float, so you're right between the two Princess floats at this point, so you get some great pictures of Belle and the Beast, and Aladdin and Jasmine, who are probably the most difficult characters to photograph on the OUAD parade. I had castmembers comment on that to me too.

Another good thing, is that once the parade has passed you, it's still going on up Main Street for another 15 minutes or so, so you can then nip off into Fantasyland where there are hardly any queues because everyone's watching the parade. Only downside, is you can't get the castle in shot on the parade, but it can be difficult to do that anyway.

teresam

Quote from: "disney_dudette"I sit on the seats by the stage at the side of Cinderellas Castle, and the front seats were reserved for children and some of the sides werern't reserved so people could sit there, and the walking characters come up close! We got a High 5! WoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoW!

i sat there at the side last time and will do it next week.

Anonymous

Or even Sleeping Beauty's Castle?

EmoK

I prefer to watch the parades from outside City Hall...it makes it all the more fun to see the parade appear from around the corner! :D

[/url]