The first DLRP baby!

Started by Kristof, August 22, 2007, 11:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

A baby was born for the first time ever in 15 years time on DLRP property.  On June 23 the fire department was rushed to the Disneyland Hotel for an expectant British woman who needed assistance to go to the hospital for tests, but when they arrived, she had gone into labour.  By the time the hospital's ambulance arrived, the child was already born!  The child was named Yekcim, Mickey spelled backwards in honour of the DLRP fire department.  :D

Anonymous

Yeckim?  :shock:  :?

Mickey I could have gone along with, but Yeckim?  :?

Could have been worse I suppose, she could have called him Goofy.  :lol:

Thinking again, this is not good. The poor kid is gonna go throughout life being called Yeck, or Yecky, which sounds like Yuck or Yucky.

Do people not think when naming kids.  :roll:

mehdi5

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Yeckim?  :shock:  :?

Mickey I could have gone along with, but Yeckim?  :?

Could have been worse I suppose, she could have called him Goofy.  :lol:

Thinking again, this is not good. The poor kid is gonna go throughout life being called Yeck, or Yecky, which sounds like Yuck or Yucky.

Do people not think when naming kids.  :roll:
Agreed, poor kid. :(  Mickey is an ok name but Yeckim? it's nice she did it for DLRP but Yeckim? But wow first time in 15 years, that's pretty special :D

tubbsy

They could have gone with Michael and shortened it to Mickey. Poor child. Hey ho, never mind.

Congrats to the family
 :D
It'd be interesting to know what DLRP did for the family. In the U.K, if a woman goes into labour in Marks and Spencers you get a whole moses basket of baby stuff. N I think its the same for Asda. I wouldnt recommend going into labour in one of those placs to get all the freeby stuff tho'! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Disneyana

How nice, think of it, your baby was born in DLP, that's really something special. But the name is so weird. If she wanted to thank DLP she could name her baby an other name from Disney. There are so many nice Character names to choose, but Yeckim is not good. I don't even know how this name is spoken.  :roll:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

speedpacket

Quote from: "Disneyana"There are so many nice Character names to choose, but Yeckim is not good. I don't even know how this name is spoken.  :roll:
I think it is YeKCim, which might be pronounced as "Yek-Chim"?  I think the name actually doesn't sound TOO bad - there are far worse names as far as I'm concerned...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Kristof

Is it up to us to discuss someone else's name?  I don't think so?   :wink:

Nala_84

I would have spelt it like speedpacket did, "Yek-Chim" which sounds very oriental/Turkish to me... But a really bad and strange name, indeed  :lol:

But how funny when you give birth to your child in DLRP :)! I hope the baby and parents now get free entrance/annual passes or another gift for the honour?! ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

GeoffD

i'm sure the baby will and the family get somesort of reward to DLP. Besides on his passport under place of birth it was say Disneyland Paris..

actually how did they get back to the UK

peep

How unusual, do you think the parents planned to have the baby in the hotel at the park?

Very unusual name, but hey, thats up to the parents to decide.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

WDI1992

Oh god Congratulations to mother of Yekcim and the family!
What an honour to be born at DLRP, hope it's going to be a Disney fan!
I kind of envie him  :lol: ahh what a wonderfull and magical way to start your life! ...  :D
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

mtt

in the usa stores 7-11 if the staff have a baby that weighs 7lb 11 oz they get $711 in cash
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

madame_leota

they should have called the baby walt! :D

fly_with_me_dumbo

i read this story in take a break in july, i cant remember what they called it but the mum definatly didnt say that in the mag it was a really normal name, she said they were showered with gifts!

RnRCj

What an interesting and unusual place to have a baby :P I suppose Yeckim is now one of the youngest people ever to visit DLRP :lol: