High School Musical 2

Started by Kristof, August 19, 2007, 08:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

HSM 2 has broken all records ever when it was aired in the US this weekend.  

From the Blue Sky Disney blog:
QuoteWhile Disney expected to get huge numbers from the debut of HSM 2 on Friday, it didn't expect the kind of numbers that actually came in...

17.2 million viewers stayed home on Friday night to watch the sequel. This makes it the most-watched cable telecast ever, beating out all sports telecasts, television movies, mini-series and long form shows.

Source

madame_leota

Thats greatl!! i wish i lived in america! i so badly want to see it!! does anyone know when it will be shown in the U.K?

Anthony

Whether you like HSM or not, this is great news for Disney.

The soundtrack is #3 in the iTunes chart too. :shock: Right behind Amy Winehouse. :lol: Oh - and number one in the US chart!

howtodeal

The soundtrack of High School Musical 1 is still on the charts in America  :D
The new one was predicted to sell more than 600 ks on its first week, that's huge  :shock:
Hannah Montana 2 is still in the Top 5 and she sold more than a million
copies so far.
I`m pretty sure that Hannah Montana and High School Musical 2 will be
the highest selling albums at the end of this year in America,
Good job Disney channel  :D

smurfy74

Just been to do the shopping in Sainsburys and guess what was number one in the CD album charts - High School Musical 2 and there was merchandise everywhere, seems its going to be huge here too ( i already have the ringtone  :oops: )

15MagicalYears

It will get shown over here in the UK Sepetember,
High School Musical 2 On Disney Channel 21/9/07

Anonymous

Apparently it's getting a Blu Ray release too. I wonder whether they'll stick the original out on Blu too.

Owain

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Apparently it's getting a Blu Ray release too. I wonder whether they'll stick the original out on Blu too.
Yes it is, i read somewhere that the original will get blu ray when High School Musical is released.

Anonymous

Let's be hoped they put it out in a 1.78:1 aspect ratio for Blu Ray.

I saw the original earlier this year. I think it's overrated, but entertaining enough.

Though I'm not the target age for it, having said that - and it's better than a lot of programming out there for families / kids.

casschr05

High School Musical 2 will be aired on september the 21st @ 6:00pm in the UK

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "casschr05"High School Musical 2 will be aired on september the 21st @ 6:00pm in the UK

Wasn't that just in my earlier post  :wink:

Owain

Heres the link to the new DCA Show, High School Musical 2; Vacation.  :)

Topic; //http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3010

smurfy74

@ 15 magical years - you didnt give us the time, for us it will be great as we come back from dlrp on the 20th just in time

GeoffD

Intresting news article just on BBC news about HSM2, all good until right at the end...

'As teenage crazes come and go for Disney speed is of the essence'

Hilary

London premiere's being held at the O2 Arena, this Sunday - red carpet action kicking off about 11.00am.