Pirates of the Carribean | official topic

Started by Owain, January 05, 2007, 12:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kt

Owain - PS - because you are going just before the celebrations begin, it might be quiet anyway... people might wait a week or 2 and go in April and at Easter?......
Nov 05 Sequoia
Feb 06 Sequoia
Dec 06 Sequoia Honeymoon Suite
Feb 08 Sequoia
Dec 09 Sequoia
Feb 11 Hotel New York Empire State Club
Jan 12 Hotel New York - Honeymoon Suite
Jan 13 Sequoia

Kristof

No no no, Jack Sparrow still has to find his way to the attraction, but another pirate made a warm welcome back...

The swinging one which had been broken, fixed, worked for 2 weeks, broken again and removed was spotted past Thursday by Disney Central Plaza member Mr. Freddy.  

According to him a few broken effects were fixed as well over night.  :)

Imagineer

I don't remember it...

Anthony

Awesome! I was even thinking about putting this on the "Wish List" it's been such an annoying problem in the past year. Hopefully now he's fixed for good. :)

It's surprising how dull that scene seemed without him.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Imagineer"I don't remember it...

i do  :lol:

at the start after you go up the hill the pirate swings out over you between the two ships (if thats not what we meant then im lost :P)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Patrick

Yay I had this on my mind on every ride on the attraction last visit, it's so great to hear he's back, now as Baloo said hope it's for good. :D

Anonymous

When did it break again? It was working when I went in March.

Lordofthemightybeasts

Great news! I haven't seen him since 1998.
As a child I was so afraid he was going to fall on me...  :(

speedpacket

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"When did it break again? It was working when I went in March.
Probably the day after you went in March  :roll:
Let's just hope they fixed it for good - how hard can it be to fix a motor that just has to do a swinging movement - I never quite understood why it was so hard to fix this...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

RnRCj

I'm glad he's been fixed! He's the highlight of that scene :P

mr gibbs

Good news, I was getting fed up looking at a little slot in the ceiling.  :roll:
Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirate\'s life for me...!

Riebi

Cool! I missed him at my last trip! Good to have him back!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Parkfisch

Quote from: "raptor1982"The swinging one which had been broken, fixed, worked for 2 weeks, broken again and removed was spotted past Thursday by Disney Central Plaza member Mr. Freddy.  

According to him a few broken effects were fixed as well over night.  :)

What about the fighters ? They don't look as good as they did in 1992 ( as you can see on the official DVD ).

I'm glad that the Pirate on the rope is back. I missed him in July.

Kristof

The footage for the dvd was enhanced, like most of the footage inside a dark ride.

In fact, the "fighters" as you call them, have been completely refurbished last year since they kept on cutting each other head off and stuff.  They're now programmed to not to touch each other with their swords.

Krollok

The scull at the end of the ride is talking again too.  :)