Just like I dreamed it 17th-23rd July 2007:Day4 PHOTOS added

Started by Patrick, July 25, 2007, 09:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic pics and report, thanks for sharing it with us :D

Patrick

Quote from: "Baloo"It's very strange reading a report where for once I wasn't there with you. :lol:  :(

Haha, yeah was rather weird being there with non disney fans, well up until the final full day, when 3 oddly appeared :lol:  :wink: .

Disneyana

Very nice report and awesome pictures. They're fantastic ! thanks for sharing them.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

coruscantpt

Great great pictures. Love the castle ones. Thanks for sharing
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

WDI1992

the pics are really really good! can't wait for the next lot!
 :lol: very curious for day 6...  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Patrick

Day3, Thursday 19th July 2007:

We woke up ridiculously early at 6am or something, so we could do the extra magic hours by 8am, we stil failed to arrive at the park till 9am.  So after the rather useless security searches, walked straight into the Disneyland park, rushed up Main Street towards Discoveryland, to ride Space Mountain a few times, along with Buzz Lightyear.  After Buzz it was about 9:45am, so time to walk back down Main Street as everyone else was walking up it :lol: .  After exiting was time for our first day at Walt Disney Studios of this trip, walked through Frontlot I just adore listening to the music as I walk around here.  By 9:55am we had arrived in Studio1, it was obvious this day was not going to be walk on everything like previous times.  The amount of people crushed into Studio1 was astounding, the opening announcement was played, followed by the doors opening.  While most went running for Toon Studio, and the other half of people went rushing to rock n rollercoaster, we decided to wait around Production Courtyard.

10:15am the music started for Good Morning Walt Disney Studios, I'm so glad this has returned this year, it just starts the day in such a positive and happy way.  Scrooge in the Studios definately surprised me, I had never seem him around there before.  Dracula was doing an amazing job, as usual, the cars stopped, as characters got out, Miss Loulou and the other Cinefolie departed their car to go and wave GoodMorning to the construction workers of Hollywood Boulevard :lol: .  After taking far too many photos of the mini parade, we went to Rock n Rollercoaster, the ride was great as usual, and was surprised to see the ride so filled with smoke, shame we got a rather slow song.  

Studio Tram Tour was sadly done on this day, it really is aging badly and the more I ride it the sadder I feel that it still has not been improved in any way at all really.  Toon Studio by this point was far too packed of people, Crush had broken down again and so no ride for us yet, Cinemagique was the next place to go to, the show as usual was brilliant, sadly one of my friends didn't think it was all that great :roll: , saying it was too obvious what was coming.  For the first time we ate at Rendez Vous des Stars, a really nice restaurant, I ate the vegitable lasagne, not bad food really.  Definately a nice change from the typical fast food places, shame Bon Anniversaire was played twice during the meal, yes I'm very synical sometimes :lol: .  High School Musical on tour was arriving after lunch down to Tower of Terror area, this show as much as I disliked the idea actually is great.  The songs are great sung live, the cast are so energetic and you cannot escape it :lol: .  Studio1 having cinefolies I forced my friends to watch it, not knowing what was about to happen.  Got a nice place and as usual Miss Loulou was playing up, seeing her eyeing out someone for them to pick for the show, I never knew I would be one of them.  It was the sound effects show, so I was called up to the set, one of the cinefolie guys made sure Miss Loulou was annoyed, by telling me to twist the neck prop all the time, Loulou kept on staring at me, wonder if she was annoyed :lol: .  Still was rather embarassing, yet one of the most interesting moments I've ever had at the resort.

Toon Studio was finally where were headed after Cinefolie's performance, wow the queue was 90 minutes, but my it was so worth it.  The dark ride scene was really great, the whole themeing definately worked so well.  Seeing Nemo and Squirt welcome us is definately a magical moment, the lifthill was greatly themed, rather cool for a lifthill, the shark was rather hard to see, but still it was made up for with all the submarine interior.  The coaster section has little nemo specific themeing, though the background music really fits well and can be heard rather well, considering the speed you are turning around the track.  We also had an amazing spin on the coaster, definately a better ride in my mind than the other two I have been on, Dragons Fury and Spinball Whizzer.  This just shows it doesn't have to be an amazing layout, just a bit of disney magic :wink: .  Cars Race Rally had a nice 10 minute queue when we got off Crush, the queueline is greatly themed, definately would keep me occupied enough looking at it all while waiting.  The ride itself is a nice little ride, such a fun idea that it looks like the cars may hit each other.  I was sat in the car by myself, when some Japanease people deicided to jump in the back, one would not sit down for ages.  Therefore slowing down the loading time, but they decided to film it too, if they had filmed it properly no doubt, they would have had my head in the shot far too much.  Though the lens cap was still on all the way through the ride :lol: .

Animagiue was the next show to do, definately a nice thing to sit down for a while after queueing for ages for crush.  The show as usual worked so well, I do adore this show, and could not get the music out my head, which seemed to be the same thing for another friend.  After exiting the Disney Cinema Parade was making its way so we caught the whole parade at the end of the route, its still so great to see this little parade.  The designers definately did a great job when designing the parade, Captain Hook was playing up as usual, even popping balloons and trying to jump on Mary Poppin's Carousel horses :lol: .  The final attraction for the day was Armageddon, I really love the special effects area, it's such a shame it is such a long pre show.  Though as usual the English were outnumbered by the Spanish and French.

Out of the Walt Disney Studios we went at about 6:45pm, off to the Village it was, we were not to enter the Disneyland Park once this evening.  So decided to eat was rather a chaotic experience, one of my friends was already running low on money, so everything was too expensive.  In the end another 30 minutes later we settled for Rainforest Cafe, never having been here before I did not know what to expect.  I had a Burger and a Ben & Jerry's Sundae, the meal was great, with amazing service, only downside was Tracy Tree :lol: .  Really if I heard one more time that a plastic bag used to be a dinosaur and how we should all recycle wow I nearly wanted to die.  For the meal it was just hilarious, the surroundings are great, another weird thing is it seems to be populated by British people, maybe it was just the time we ate, but there didn't seem to be one French person in the restaurant apart from the waiters.

Having finished dinner, a short look around the village was done, with me buying a bag finally and a bottle of 15th anniversary wine.  Back in the hotel it was off to the bar for a drink and a play of pool in the hotel, then off to bed by about midnightish. :)
Sorry it was so long.

peep

Lol, its great to read your trip report of our trip, brings back so many memories, I miss it still  :(

Ah, Tracy tree and her annoying messages of doom. She made me laugh because she annoyed you so much. I'm so glad we ddi the studios that day, was such good fun, even if our friend was very miserable about everything we did.

I do love Cinemagique, one of my favorite attractions in the studios.

Looking forward to see what you put for the next few days  :P
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Patrick

Photos from Day3, these seem to be the worst of the trip, don't know why, maybe Crush was on my mind far too much to take photos that are good :lol: .

Good Morning Walt Studios (Dracula)

Cinefolies arrive in style

A very very bad photo, but just the facial expression on Miss Loulou's face is priceless, she seemed to get annoyed at me not giving her photo attention :lol:

Scrooge

Stitch being forced back into his cadalac

An ugly photo of me with cinefolies

Lilo and Stitch sunbathing

Cinefolies

High School Musical on Tour

A view across Toon Studio to ToT

Tropical Crush

Animagique

Interesting Detail in Crush's Coaster

Donald

Minnie

Mad Captain Hook who got annoyed at me for not having a Hook pin :lol:

Balloon girls with burst ballons thanks to Hook's hook

To end this day in fitting style, thats a wrap!

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"
Ahahahahaha :lol:  :lol: Bad luck!

RnRCj

I like the picture of Crush's Coaster with the trees in the foreground :)

Patrick

Day4: Friday 20th July 2007

This day was slightly different to the other days, since the majority of it I spent alone so I could typical Disney freak stuff.  Such as filming, taking hundreds of photos and running about madly to catch show after show :P .

As we got to the Disneyland park by 10am, we made sure we all knew where the meet up place was for later that day, we departed each other at Discoveryland.  The idea was all 3 of us went around alone for part of the day, so we didn't get sick of each other, but one of the friends decided he could not be alone, so went around with the other.  Maybe this makes me a bad friend, but I really wanted to see lilo and stitch :lol: .  

My first stop was to watch the great marching band in fantasyland, wow they were so good, such nice little bit of extra streetmosphere to have.  Was surprised they even played some music from hunchback, from what is half the time a rather down movie, the bells of Notre dame fit so well.  Un amazingly Winnie the Pooh and friends too was to be seen straight after, ah how this show is so bad, yet at the same time so good, think I enjoy this show far too much for an 18 year old guy.  After a trip around Fantasyland, into a dragon's lair, I awaited the Alpha bet you are on Main Street, nice to wait it was for 5 minutes, then suddenly an announcement was played.  Disneyland Paris apologies, but due to unforeseen circumstances, Alpha Bet you are has been canceled today :roll: .  I was not amused, I can definitely see this not working very well if it can't make it out sometimes on perfect summers day.  

The Walt Disney Studios I walked in a mood, since dlp couldn't show a show, it was off to wds to do rnrc and then see High School Musical on Tour, this show was still great and with special guest Lilo was made even more weird.  Turn around after the show and Lilo and Stitch began, this show may just be for kids, but it definatley still can hold up the crowds, Miss Loulou in the role of Lili was so great, definately none of the others seem to be able to beat her, and with the addition of the Tokyo Disneyland song it is nice to see it finally be updated.  A look around the stores and back to the DLP while taking photos across the esplande in the most awkward positions possible.  

Back in DLP I actually did very little, had one ride on Space Mountain with music :D , then off to sit in the sun for a while around Plaza Gardens, just was nice to sit, relax and take in the main Street music.  My hair I seem to remember being in a state at this point and so typical me went and bought myself a cap :lol: .  Noticed also Ben & jerry's at Gibson girl so had to get some cookie dough.  Sat back at Plaza Gardens for about 45 minutes, until I had to get up walk the whole long way back to the Discoveryland Planetarium sign, met back with friends and then time to wait for the parade at Royal castle stage, while waiting I sent numerous texts back to Jorien :wink: .  The parade again was great, and amazingly nothing went wrong as compared to the previous time I watched it here when the villains got their way at breaking the float :lol: .  

The evening was then spent wondering around Fantasyland, going on the wonderful and completely mad It's a Small World, then Pirates was followed with I think a visit to the Phantom in the Manor, the dinner was had at au chalet du marrionette, for once too everyone was kind in there, has to have been the first time in over a year that I haven't had a bad experience in there.  By the time we had eaten it was heading far towards 9:30pm, time to head over to Main Street to see Fantillusion, waiting was rather odd with standing around near Gibson Girl and this nice German, dutch or Welsh man (could not place his English accent) and he spoke German or Dutch too so didn't have a clue and he stood directly in front of me, sure he was sat down before, but come on.  He saw I wanted to film, he stood up and was like ok ok I'll make sure I'm sat for the parade.  He did fine, odd thing happened that night with Fantillusion.

From out of the night comes the magic of too much light :P .
As for the announcement began for the parade, Casey's side of Main Street turned off its lights, one problem the Gibson Girl's side seemed to be having technical difficulties.  All gas lamps and lights on Main Street's Gibson side buildings remained on during the whole parade :lol: .  It was definately a different experience to any I have had in the past.  Again the parade guys seemed to be going mad radioing parade control probably to get them to sort it, but nothing was done.  As Fantillusion finished half of Central Plaza literally walked out :? , not even the awful Lumiere announcement could make them stay it seemed.  Candlebration was definately better on this evening and Wishes was the perfect way to complete the day once more.  After Wishes Main Street's light problem had obviously been found since the lights were going mad, on, off, on, off for about 3 minutes :lol: .  That's all there is really to this day, was not as full as previous or a certain following day :wink: .

Photos coming soon, but there is far more photos for this day than writing.

Patrick

Photos from Day 4:

The Fantasyland Band

Fantasy Festival Stage (I really saw that show too many times :lol: )

A really cute window display I have decided that represents the Phantom of the Opera :P

Walt Disney Studios Gate

The 5th Anniversary statue

Disneyland Park entrance

Paddy Wagon going down Main Street

All new and pretty, looks so much nicer than it did this time last year :D

Discoveryland with nice dramatic cloud above

Cannon Columbiad

Genie

"It's Just Like We DREAMMMMMED it"

Goofy

Mad Hatter and his pack of Cards

Alice

Buzz

Dreams of Friendship

Step In Time! Mr Hook :wink:

The Evil Queen

Prince and his Snow White, well kinda

And they all Lived Happily Ever After!

New York, New York

Small World Station

Fantasyland view

Queen of Hearts Tower

Nala_84

Wow, the pictures are great as always Patrick!! :) They really represent the atmosphere and make me even more curious for my trip in September!

Especially I love the pic of Donald, Toy Story, Goofy and the DL park entrance :)! And, somehow I must have missed it - I didn't know there is a WDS 5th anniversary statue, where is it?  :shock:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Soap

Great photo's Pat! Really making me jealous!  :oops:  

Can 't wait till the 20th  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

peep

Cool trip report. Sounds like that day was better than mine lol. Seeing as I was the one that had to babysit our friend, very annoying. Meh, at least I got loads of footage that day. By that day the food was becoming quite similar though, lol, all was to change on the next day  :wink:
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320