Woody's Roundup Village

Started by Imagineer, July 23, 2007, 06:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Since Entertainment took over control of that area, I'm not surprised we'll see plastic animals bolted to the ground...

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"Since Entertainment took over control of that area, I'm not surprised we'll see plastic animals bolted to the ground...
Haha! :lol:

Well they're advertising a Post Office or something for this year's Santa Claus Village, but I would have thought that'd simply go in the second new building they never used last year...

ICHAPMAN

Didn't they inital use this area last year as part of the Halloween setup?.

Anyhow, when it comes to the Christmas season - whilst it was a nice 'touch', I wasn't really overly impressed with the outdoor 'theming' - I felt that they could have done more to the area to match the idea given it was suppose to the place to meet Father Christmas.    Obviously 'official' this is Woody's area - but I'm sure they could have (in my view) included some of that Snow astroturf they like to use in the gardens at Main Street/Hub in the hedging behind just to give it a Christmas feel.

Maybe last year (in my eyes) was a tad of a letdown as it was an area that had only just become available to them......

I note that this year we are going 'American' - and the old man has become Santa Claus - I'm kinda of hoping that they have some more in mind than simple 'same show - different name'.

Theming people!.

Iain

Riebi

aaaand they´ve built: A wall!

(and this shortly after the german national holiday)

pics by mousy.be: //http://www.mousy.be/okt08news.html
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

geomelin

Hi everyone

I am planning my trip to Disneyland and I would like to have some info about Woody's RoundUp Village. I haven't found any info about this in any website, so does anyone know what is it about? Is it a playground? What can you do there? Any photos?

Thanks
George
Previous Trips

(1) 2000 - Disneyland Paris (Millennium Celebration)
(2) 2002 - Disneyworld Orlando - Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
(3) 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Christmas Season)
(4) 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Summer Season)

Magicalmouse125

[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

geomelin

Thanks!

So, it is just a place for photos!

g
Previous Trips

(1) 2000 - Disneyland Paris (Millennium Celebration)
(2) 2002 - Disneyworld Orlando - Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
(3) 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Christmas Season)
(4) 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Summer Season)

c3po

It's the site of a meet and greet - basically a collection of sheds that you can get your photo taken in, together with the different characters. Because of the theming, and the great character interaction while in line, we were very pleased with it.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Hi,
I was just wondering... last June I was in DLP "Woody's Roundup Village" wasn't marked on the map. I must confess that I didn't look for it either. The last thing I heard about it was that it was a temporary"Meet Mickey" location before the real thing opened in Fantasyland. But what happened after that? Did Woody come back? or is the meet and greet area closed (for good)? Is something new on the way? If so, what ist it?

A lot of questions :) maybe someone can answer a few

Thanks ;)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

DisneyBart

As of what I heared it's only used during Christmas season for Santa's Village and a meet 'n greet with Santa, his Elves and some disney characters. The rest of the year it's closed...

julesk

Its never been opening when we have been there in last two years. I just assumed it was closed for good, which is such a shame.   :(