There and back Again! Trip 19-22 July

Started by Riebi, July 23, 2007, 03:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

I´m back again and it was great! The hole parks looks wonderful aaaand there are so much people there! Much than the last years! The shows were fantastic and also crush and the new toon studio area! Incredible! And everywhere was a character to hug!
The Tower looks great and the hollywood bvd. has get some nice details!
A longer trip report and pics will follow soon! First I have to sleep a bit :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

fly_with_me_dumbo

good to hear it was so enjoyable, and even though there are more people there are still enough characters to go around :D

RnRCj

I look more and more forward to when I visit every time I read a good report like this :D

tubbsy

Sleep Riebi? Not on! Glad you had a good time. Missed you! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Riebi

Quote from: "tubbsy"Sleep Riebi? Not on! Glad you had a good time. Missed you! :D

I try my best  :lol:  You missed me :D  yoouuuupidooooo someone missed me  :)  All the folks at home say only: "You wasn´t here? not noticed"
But now I´m back tubbs :stitch_bounce:

Aaaand I have the first day trip report for you all:

1.   Day:
Wooooohoooooo Disneyland Paris! We are coming! Our trip started at 6 AM, Saarbrücken, Germany. After just one short stop at the motorway station we passes at 10 am the ports of Newport Bay Club and after the check in we got our tickets! Thank God that we had the admirals floor. There was a long queque fort he baggage room and at the normal reception. But we had the luck that a friendly cast member took our baggage at the entrance and do all the baggage things for us and at the admirals floor we haven´t any waiting times.
So there was no problem to start our Disneyland time and at 10:30 am we take a view at fantasy gardens. Wonderful flowers and wonderful people all around. All seems so much friendly! We started our tour trough main street and went directly to Indiana jones to take a fast pass for 2 pm. After this we take a tour on POTC and stroll after this around frontierland. We take a very fatty menu at cowboy cookout bbq and after our lunch the time for Indiana jones was on. So we take quick another ticket at big thunder and run to Indiana jones. Indiana Jones looks really better with it´s flames wich was dispatched for some years we were there. Now the even burn at daylight! Wonderful!
Then we go to space mountain but it was closed at this time. We take as equal alternate Pinoccio, casey junior and storybook land and after this the time for big thunder was right! This attraction is my mothers favorit and it was clear that we don´t could take just one ride. But the queques were long and the fast pass late. We decide for Phantom manor and after this we hobbled back toward discoveryland. On the way we watched the birthday train with all it nice characters. We were happy to take a rest  and eating big dishes of ice-cream. We take each two flavors of the ben & jerrys at Gibson girl and then we watch alphabet you are by filling our bellies. But then Buzz lightyear needed our help! After the rescue of the whole universe we were exciting to watch the Once upon a dream Parade. The Princess float wasn´t on train and the Princesses take a walk with there own feet but it was great and the streamers/blow-outs looks so cool! After parade we got back to the hotel to take our keys and the room. Our baggage was already there and after a short refreshment we went back to Disney village and eat at La Grange. Then it was time to go back to the park and watching fanti. We stand on town square cause we has to ask for sun classes wich we has lost at the station of casey junior. The cast member says that she will bring it to town square after closing of the attraction. But they wasn't there. But fanti was! We saw only one show stop. The one of mickey and his garden. That was a bit disappointing for me but not for the rest, cause they haven´t know fanti and also the other show stop. But on day three they saw the showstop of the bads and where really surprise that the parade has such show effects. Disneyland should make it possible to see all the stops from all positions.
The Candleabration was wonderful and mickey was right: It was one of the most magical things in our life :)
After this: Wishes. I think they have add some fireworks. But I´m not sure. Must have a look at the old pics from last year;) My parents loved all this evening events and also wishes! The projections on the castle and the fireworks seems to be the perfect thing for them :)
After this all we went to our hotel for sleeping!

-breeno-

Sounds like you had a great trip Riebi, i'm looking forward to the rest of your report :D .
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

davewasbaloo

Wunderbar!!!!  Veilen dank - Ich mochte mehr zu lessen.
since 2001 (many before that)

RnRCj

Sounds like you had a good time :lol: But it also sounds like it was busy :(

Angela

Hey Reibi... nice to have you back again.... I also noticed you were gone.. sounds like you had a splendid time... keep the stories coming.. :)

Riebi

@-breeno- yes it was great! And I will be there again at this moment!

@davewasbaloo Bitteschön! Und das ist gut so, ich schreib auch noch mehr!

@RnRCj It was not so busy like "OH MY GOD I MUST LEAVE THE PARK" It was busy like a good party is. Nice people everywhere and the waiting times are ok. There are more people then the last years but not as much as before the opening of the studios 2002  and fast pass make the waiting times also much more little :wink:
It´s a very happy atmosphere there and the masses of people didn´t matter! It´s wonderful to see how much people are there to have a great party time!
Examples: At big thunder you have always waiting times around 40/60 minutes but after 9 pm the waiting times shrink to 20, later 10 minutes.  
Also at Indiana Jones, Buzz or Space Moutain.
POTC was always ok with 30 minutes as the longest but normaly 20 or 10 minutes. And in the evening 5.
At the studios where much people but you can always get a place on the RnRC cause there was always just 5 or 10 minutes to wait.
Crushs Coaster has always long waiting times of 60 minutes or longer.

@Angela Wohoooo again somebody who noticed that I´m away :D
It was a wonderful time! And yes the stories go on! :stitch_bounce:

Riebi

2. Day

The second day was our main studios day. First we had a nice breakfast at cape cods at the Newport Bay Club and after that we went along the lake to the village. The corner between village and Newport bay club (where the flower show was) seems to be the ugly place of the resort. No longer Disney Village, it´s this corner where my parents ask me where all the grass and the plants are. Just sand and garbage was there. Disney Village looked ok. It´s not the best but it´s better than last year. The Disney Fashion, Disney Store etc. signs fix good but the Hollywood pictures and the rock formation at Disney store are terrible. But that doesn´t matter some of the others around me. It´s maybe just a Disneyland extreme fan thing! So keep all your chin up! No problem for the normal visitors!
We passes the security and went to the Studios. Action, Light, Camera! But first: SHOPPING! My mother keeps her plan to take a look at every merchandising that was sold in the whole park and so she take a look at the studios store and the stores in disneys studio 1. After passing the studio 1 after an hour of pure shoprunning we was there! In front of the new Hollywood boulevard where I watch interested the construction of ToT and the other buildings. We went our way to the Toon Studios and directly to Animagique. After all the La La La La La La La and the no flash foto zone and Donald and Mickey and the gang we swinged back in the sun and take a look at crushs coaster. The queue was very long and there was a 90 minutes waiting time. To long for us. So we go along the wonderful Cars set and the Toon Town Backdrop (with Mickey and the fat rat from ratatouilles) to the Studios Tram Tour. Catastrophe Canyon was great as always and after our trip we had the very big luck that the doors of the construction fences where open and I have take a big look at the construction and the new buildings from this "backstage" side. I also take some pics but they are all broken. God moves in mysterious ways! I think he knows that the doors shouldn´t be open!
After the tour and my visit on the building lot we go around toon studios to Cinemagique. But we were to late and so the show was on and we not inside. We decided for Rock´n´roller coaster where my mother always ask: "and that is where the kid dies?" and take a ride. All was ok. My mother ride it the first time and makes it to one of her favorits. And she also has the opinion that it is not so fast as Space Mountain. After rocking we had enough time till the next cinemagique show to go to Armageddon. And then the time for cinemagique was right. After laughing, crying and smelting in cinemagique we get a little hunger and go for lunch to backlot express. By sitting we saw the High School Musical Show. To make our bellys again well we go to the crush ride. It was closed but there was a little queue in front of it. We had luck: We stand there for maybe 4 minutes and the coaster was open again and we was some of the first who was inside. Just 10 minutes of waiting and we boarded the shell and take our ride with nemo and crush. Duuuude it was so cool! We lucky boys and girls made it to one of our favorits and my mother must also expand her list of her most loved attractions. We want to ride again but the queue has again 90 minutes. So we take a look at the Art of Disney Animation and the little shop inside. Shopping fever was there again and so we take again a look at the studios shop at frontlot. After buying a fancy sorceress hat we take again a ride on Rock´n´Roller Coaster and went than to the Disneyland Park.
"Hello! Have you found our sunglasses from casey jr.?" was our first question at town hall. But there was only a "no, no, no noooo". We had a coffee at caseys corner and take then fast passes for big thunder mountain. And go to POTC. Ride like always, I think a know now every pirate with name! Fantasyland had calling and especial It´s a small world. With the happy song of our lips we ride the attraction and from time to time we seemed to be lauder than the puppets. We were hungry again and so the plaza garden was at the right position for us. We had no reservation and has to wait an half hour. 8 pm was the time to eat. One or two kilos of food later we go to big thunder mountain and make a wild ride. There were so less people on it that we take directly a second ride....and a third....and again one. We were also happy to get the last train and take to rounds at big thunder without waiting again. I think the cast members there know now also my mother cause the other days she´s get always a nice "hello" and five by the hands"
After this western experience we go back to the central plaza and watch wishes. Nice evening good by for today but we has also two other day!

Riebi

The Pics of Day 1:

Our Hotel

Entrance Disneyland park

The turtle was our special guest!

15th banners all over the world!

Nice characters on the castle

The fire is on!

Allaboard!

Big Thunder

Fireworks

Anthony

Thanks for the pictures and report! The 15th Summer is looking stunning, a million miles from the endless cloud and rain around here...

Quote from: "Riebi"The Candleabration was wonderful and mickey was right: It was one of the most magical things in our life :)
Yess!!!! :D  :D Someone positive about Candleabration! I keep reading negative things everywhere and can't understand why, it's a simple but totally magical ceremony, with the best music ever.

disney_donutter

Wow it looks amazing! I am so excited I really can't wait! glad you had a fantastic time!

RnRCj

Amazing pics! :D I want to go there... NOW! :P