The resort getting tighter on videos?

Started by Dlrpfan, July 18, 2007, 07:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

Well getting back from my trip i was quite shocked too find that nearly 50% of attraction cast members where telling us not to video the attraction and in once case the cast member even covered the lense with her hand

i was wondering if anyone else had noticed this?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

speedpacket

I'm not sure what context you are referring too, but I think in some cases they can't be strict enough.
Like we were in Animagique last weekend - prior to the show they almost BEG people not to use flashes, as it may be dangerous; yet I have been stressed out by idiots that simply don't understand it and keep taking pictures - it was incredible.

Personally I don't like people taking pictures in dark rids such as phantom manor either as it completely ruins the atmosphere...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Dlrpfan

i compleatly agree with you about taking flash pictures in PM but we were not  allowed to video (no external light) pirates of the caribbean but were allowed to video IASW
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

In theory you're not allowed to videotape inside any attraction.

Which were the other attractions they told you not too?  Where did they cover your lens?

RnRCj

My dad filmed in Pirates of the Caribbean on our last visit and we weren't told to stop :? We've filmed on Big Thunder Mountain too.

I agree that flash photography shouldn't be used on the attractions but I think you should be allowed to film if there is no light coming the device.

disney_donutter

I agree with RnRCj! it doesn't harm anyone if there isn't flash.  I always film and I've never had a problem at all.

lil-shawn

hey folks,

my last trip was on the 25. of june and i filmed every ride i was on and dont get problems with anybody...

i think they can allow to film the rides but not wit flash, nobody can rebuild the attraktion at home so i don´t see any problem...

in wdw i never hat the problems too i filmed what i want and nobody said anything!!

Kristof

I said before, according to the rules, you're not allowed to videotape or even get photos with or without flash inside any rides.  But most cast members won't say anything.

MinnieMouse

We filmed in all attractions and rides in DLRP an no CM said NO it is not allowed to us, we can film whenever we want :-)

Alexandra

Kristof

Quotewe can film whenever we want

I've the feeling I'm talking to walls here...  :lol:   The written RULE is: VIDEO TAPING IS NOT PERMITTED ON ANY ATTRACTION.

But, most cast members won't say anything, unless they work at an attraction where it's important that can not be videotaped (as in Cinémagique, Animagique, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, HISTA, ...).  

So to conclude: a CM has every right to stop a guest from videotaping an attraction or show.  I know it's not fun to be stopped (been stopped in the past as well when taking photos), but by stepping through the turnstiles at the parks, you agree to the park rules.

MinnieMouse

I was thinking that filming is allowed at any attractions in DLRP. If it is not allowed like Animagique etc the CM tell it before the magic begin :-)

Alexandra

Alexander

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"Well getting back from my trip i was quite shocked too find that nearly 50% of attraction cast members where telling us not to video the attraction and in once case the cast member even covered the lense with her hand

You should experience the guys guarding Mona Lisa! 8)

But I fully accept rules like that. Especially in dark rides, where a flash could spoil the mood (and my guess is only 1% of camera owners know how to turn that thing off), and acrobatic shows (where it is a security issue).

I'd love to videotape Space Mountain or Indiana Jones, but I can't imagine it would be a nice shoot without bolting the camera to the cart.
Life is different.

speedpacket

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quotewe can film whenever we want

I've the feeling I'm talking to walls here...  :lol:   The written RULE is: VIDEO TAPING IS NOT PERMITTED ON ANY ATTRACTION.
Hehe - I know the feeling ;)
Next visit:

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

disney_donutter

Quote from: "Alexander"
Quote from: "Dlrpfan"Well getting back from my trip i was quite shocked too find that nearly 50% of attraction cast members where telling us not to video the attraction and in once case the cast member even covered the lense with her hand

You should experience the guys guarding Mona Lisa! 8)

But I fully accept rules like that. Especially in dark rides, where a flash could spoil the mood (and my guess is only 1% of camera owners know how to turn that thing off), and acrobatic shows (where it is a security issue).

I'd love to videotape Space Mountain or Indiana Jones, but I can't imagine it would be a nice shoot without bolting the camera to the cart.

talking of Mona Lisa, My friend actually managed to take a picture of her, I was gobsmacked!!! surprised she didnt get arrested. lol

speedpacket

I was actually allowed to take one...
You just are not allowed to use flash as it is bad for the painting...  And the picture itself wasn't any good either as the painting is behind glass, we had too much reflection of the window behind us as well as the lightning in the room...

Either way - I don't really understand why people always want to take pictures of something like that - you have far better pictures from the painting available on the internet or in culture books anyway :)
Next visit: