Trip report 1st till 6th July 2007

Started by Angela, July 17, 2007, 07:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angela

1st of July, Sunday
I woke up about 5 am, not having slept a lot but well.. I am the nervous type. We arrived about 6.45 at the bus wich would take us to our hotel. We arrived at about 13.00 at the Kyriad at Disney hotel and I tried to check in. Didn't have a problem getting a room so that was cool only they forgot to send the entrance tickets, the halfboard meal plus vouchers and the character breakfast vouchers. I went to my room to change the clothes of little one as he had putten orange juice all over him in the bus.. you know.. small kids right? And I made them call to Disney to see what went wrong. Later on I did get entrance tickets but not the ones I should have gotten but what the heck.. I was in a rush to see Winnie the Pooh and gotten delayed by over an hour so I jumped into the next pink bus that came across with my stroller and little one in it. I arrived around 15.00 at the theater that would show Winnie the Pooh and a CM told me the show was only about to start at 15.45 but I told him that was okay and that I would wait to see it. When we got in the 1st 3 rows were reserved for little kids what is just fine by me... so me and little one found a place on row 4 and had the greatest seats. Little one loved the show very very much and kept on asking me the whole week when Pooh bear was showing again. I myself had a wonderful time also at the show and I made some great photos.. at least I think I did. Little one really loved the big Piglet by the way.
When we gotten outside we decided to have a drink and walk around the park to see what is happening but I gotten something in my eye and I could hardly see with that one eye, the eye was crying also.. must have been looking really weird by the way... after washing my eye out on the toilet it still did hurt so I did put on my sunglasses and went to the first aid section. They did put a whole lot of water into my eye but nothing worked so I started to worrie a little bit. I decided to go to have something to eat and hope it will be gone than. We went to Planet Hollywood and got seated at the balcony. Little one was very pleased with Dumbo and Peter Pan hanging on the walls there and was pointing and saying I should take a photo of them.. so I did. I ate the Mexican chicken and little one the kids meal with the hotdog. After we ate desert my eye suddenly starting to feel better and I could see again.. wonderful desert that must have been :)
I payed and we went to the Disney store in the village where I bought a Stitch pluche and a Mickey pirate shirt for little one cause I did promise him that Stitch thing even before we went.
After that I was waiting for the pink bus to come and bring me back to the hotel but when I was trying to get in I found out my stroller was to large and I could not really get in anyway... some nice English man put the stroller in the bus for me and out again to. That was very kind :)
The bus driver was an idiot if you ask me and I was glad to arrive at the first hotel which was the explorer's hotel. I got out there and walked all the way over to the Kyriad which was situated on the whole other side so it became quite a long walk anyway.
little one would not go to sleep.. was not feeling tired he said.. so I just put out the lights at 20.15 and went to sleep myself to. After 5 minutes little one was snoring.. :)

Monday:
After going to the reception before having breakfast and finding out the papers still hadn't arrived I got a little bit angry. So they called again to Disney but well... nothing they could do at the moment but to give me entrance tickets for that day to and have me to come back later on.
We went to have breakfast at the hotel which was also wonderful. After that we went to the Studio park that day. When we got in we just saw the goodmorning studios parade getting by so we followed them and they stopped at the plaza and they gotten out of the cars there which was great. Little one did decide he still was a little afraid of those characters so we only watched them from a distance while I made some photos.
Than we went to see Cinemagique.
After that we saw Mickey standing in Toon Town and we lined up as little one wanted to have his picture taken with Mickey and me. He gave Mickey a hand and stood by his side while I was getting out of the sight of the photographer. I just hate standing on pictures. The photo became lovely so I did buy that an hour later :)
After that Animagique.. little one still loves those pink elephants and thinks Donald was very naughty not to listen to Mickey.
We had lunch at Annette's diner and the milkshakes were really really good. I just love them.
After that we went to the Disney park and went to see Phantom Manor. Little one was a little bit afraid of the dark when we stood in the elevator but he liked the puppets and stuff.
Then we hopped on the big Molly Brown.. little one excisted to stand next to the live saving thing (sorry my English does not go that far at the moment) because he was worried he would fall overboard.
We also did POTC and we had a great time there and got a little bit wet either but not really that much.
We spotted Chip and Dale and Pluto near it's a small world and got there to take a look. Little one shook the hands of Chip and Dale and after that they went on lunchbreak.. well.. even animals has to eat right?
We headed out to Casey jr as little one would love to go on a rollercoaster (well it is a baby coaster..) and he really did love it. We also did the boats... de feees something ( I am bad with names to).
We walked by Mad Hatters Tea cups and it was not really busy there so we stood in line for a while and give it a go.
when we were walking near the exit we also took the rail road express around the park before we left.
We were around 19.30 back into the hotel where I was really relieved that my papers did arrive as I did book character breakfast at Tuesday. But since I did not feel like going on the bus again and heading out to the Disney village we ate at the hotel wich was also very lovely.
Around 20.30 little one fell a sleep and I did read my book as I was not really tired yet.

I geuss I have been typing a lot already so I will let you guys read this first and if some of you are interested in the rest of the story... I might continue tomorrow or the day after tomorrow as I am quite busy tomorrow. Hope you like it so far.

mr gibbs

Great report Angela, looking forward to the next part. You are all making me jealous this year as I can't get back to dlp for a while yet  :cry:
Don't worry about your english, it's 100% better than my dutch  :D
Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirate\'s life for me...!

kurgly_bird

Thanks Angela, i love reading people's reports, reminds me of my own trips. Your english really is very good- i don't speak any dutch at all i'm afraid  :(

x x x

Disneyana

Very nice trip report. I would like to hear the rest of it.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

tubbsy

Love the report Angela :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

RnRCj

Good trip report Angela! Did you ride Crush's Coaster, or is that coming in the next part of the report :wink:

Angela

Tuesday:

We woke up around 8.30 and gotten dressed.. We had character breakfast that morning so we went to Cafe Mickey and got seated. After we had a plate full with bread and stuff... litte one choose the bacon and eggs and stuff... I just ate fruit and some bread... the Disney characters start showing them selves off... We met Mickey, King John, Daisy, Robin Hood, Eeyoor, Friar Tuck, Goofy and Pluto. Little one would not go on the photo with Friar Tuck and King John as he believed they were not so nice. He called King John the LionKing though... Goofy had to get away again before we could take the picture with him so that was to bad but well... we survived...
After that we went to the main park again but the rain did come down so heavily that I decided to seek a hide out at the entrance of the Lion King show where I had the luck to get some tickets for the 14.30 show.
The rain stopped a little bit and little one and I headed back to the hotel to change our short trousers for a pair of jeans as we both got the feeling it was really cold. When we returned to the park we rode one of the main street vehicles and that was rather nice to... the woman who drove it was very nice indeed and also told us where we needed to be going to see the Lion King.. I already did know as I gotten the tickets there that morning but well.. still it was very nice... We got out in front of the castle and walked to the Lion King entrance where we got half an hour early. We waited and some French CM was making fun with little one although he did not really understand. We went inside and got a seat at the 1st row in the middel of the stage. It really were great seats we could see everything really good and little one shook hands with Timon during the show. I made some great pics again. I just love taking pics... grinz..
As we did not eat whole day we went to Walt's for diner. I had the pasta and little one the fish but he was not really delighted as it came with a salad and his desert was apple sauce and mine was icecream so he ate my desert to but well.. I did not really mind... while he was eating desert I noticed something happening in Main street and although I did not have a window side table the table  next to me and the window was empty so I went to take a look and noticed the Once upon a dream parade was passing by. I took some nice photos from above and had a good look at everything. Little one joined me after he finished my ice cream and was thrilled by what he saw. The waitress came to see if we were finished so I ordered a cup of tea so I could see the end of the parade to. I drank the tea.. tipped the waitress to much..  :wink:  as I was glad she didn't mention me standing at another table.
After that we just checked out some shops. I got little one a Minie Mouse who is helding a Figaro cat in her arms and he was very pleased with it.
After that we went back to the hotel, had a drink there and gone to bed around 20.30.

Wednesday:

When we woke and gotten dressed all of the sudden the curtain came down on me so before breakfast I went to the reception and told them that and went of to have breakfast. Than we went to the Studio Park where we got to do Cars wich is very lovely attraction but the waiting time told me I had to wait 15 minutes but at arrivel at the que they gave me a plastic card wich I had to give to the CM I saw before getting into the car so they could check the waiting time... nice system though it turned out I waited 50 minutes instead of 15 but well...
Cars was really great... I got a bit stuck but well.. little one is little so I fitted... after that we went to do the flying carpets and little one made the carpet go up and down and up and down and up and down... kid likes wild rides I think :?
After that we went to Studio Tram Tour and well.. although I kinda like it it is not really special to me. When the truck went into flames little one remembered there would come a whole lotta water all of the sudden so I was suprised he still knew cause last time we went on it he was barely 2 years old.
After that we ate something at rendez vous des stars but I did not really like that. Little one did as he got a Mickey Mouse with his meal (the first of 6 I believe lol) than we got outside to see the Cinema Parade and while we were standing there dark clouds came above our heads... the parade started and I made some pictures from the first floats but after that the clouds broke down I think and we went soaken wet (even with our raincapes on) so we did hide again for the rain and after it went dryer we walked again and I bought little one a new pullover as his vest really turned wet and I only had one with me. Then we returned to the hotel and I putted little one in a nice warm bath and changed my own clothes to. My socks were completely wet but my shoes really are waterproof. We also found out that the curtains hang again so that was not a really big problem I gave them  :wink:
After that little one coloured some drawings of Minie Mouse wich we did buy some nights ago and we waited for the rain to go away.
When the rain finally did go we went to the main park again and did Big Thunder Mountain. I was a little bit afraid at first cause well... it was the 1st time for little one and I am a whole lot bigger as he is so I just was a little bit frightened but when we sat down and I hold him he just putted his arms up and started screaming even before the train started to move and he really loved it. He even liked it more than I do.. well not that that is very hard but well.... I bought the onride photo not because I really did like it that much but as well as it was the 1st time he rode an adult rollercoaster in his life and loved it. After that it was time to go to Cafe Mickey again and have diner. Wich was lovely although the waiter was a little fast with everything. I finished my last bite and he already removed my plate you know... that was kinda rude I think so I did not tip him that much either  :wink:
Little one did not care very much about the food he saw Disney characters!  We met Tigger, Gepetto, Mickey, The Sheriff,  Eeyoor again, Pluto again and Minie Mouse who also danced with little one for a while and since he is in love with Minie and wants to marry her (yeah I know.. but he is only 3) he had the time of his live.
After that we went back to the hotel and went to sleep around 21.00

Thursday:

We went straight to the mainpark were we walked right into the Disney Alpha Bet you are parade and that was funny to see. They only spelled out Disney that day. After that we got fastpass tickets for BTM and than walked on to Fantasyland. We did the Teacups and It's a small world. After that I wanted to make reservations for the Lucky Nugget Saloon at Friday but we could eat there that day to so we did. The buffet was great and also little one liked the food there. We met Robin Hood and Gepetto again and saw Mickey and Donald. Than we walked pass the Lumiere photo shoot thing and little one wanted to have his photo taken there so I did. Than we went to see POTC again. This must be our favorite ride although we like BTM very much to.
After that we went to Buzz lazer blast again and shoot some bad guys. I won this time. Little one won the first time.. just my luck.. :)
Than we did Peter Pan and I gotten into a fight with some stupid French lady (sorry if you read this but you are really stupid!) We had the luck to be putted away at the 1st gates which mean you get to sit in front. So the gates open and little one jumps onto the seat... than this woman puts her child next to little one and sit next to her kid herself so little one gets a bit upset and at that point I did get upset to. She did not want to listen to me cause all of the sudden she did not talk English ofcourse. So I called out to the CM's. They said I was right and stuff but also asked me if I wanted to wait till the next ride.. wel ofcourse not.. since I am right.. I will not wait.. just put that horrible lady out the boat and get her to wait and well.. they did eventually (I made waiting lines longer by at least 10 minutes I am afraid) little one was crying at that moment but as the boat took off I got him quite again as there were many things to see and he felt sorry for Caption Hook as he was standing in the mouth of a big crocodile. After we got of the ride I saw some one from security waiting for that woman and she got a warning so that was kinda nice... Little one and I went for an icecream and went to BTM for our fastpasses. Just as we stood in line they called out BTM broke down and would not run for about 2 hours. I asked if I could come back later with these fastpasses and they said it was ok. We went to the 15th aniversery stage and I planted little one with strolly and all up to the fence and stood next to it myself and wait for about half an hour for Mickey and crew to arrive. Although I still had to knock some people out of the strolly it was kinda quite though. The show was really nice. It must be really good in dark I think when you can see all the lights. Nevertheless I made some nice photos again.
After that we went to see if BTM was running again but still not so we checked out a shop. Little one saw baby Pluto in a blancket and wanted to have it. So I told him he could have it after diner as I had enough money left (well since I did the half board meal plan... ) we went outside and I saw BTM train going down so we went to take a closer look and there were people in it as well so we just qeued up again. We went on the ride and had a great time. After that we went to Plaza Garden as I did book us a table there. The buffet there was also really great and the people were very nice. We went back to the hotel afterwards and went to sleep around 22.00 without packing the suitcases yet.

Friday:

after I have been awake for probably half the night because I stressed out of not packing my suitcases yet I put little one in the bathtub and went to pack the suitcases. I had loads of time to do that and I did stress out for no reason (as usual) We went to have breakfast for the last time and I snugged some butter and jelly in my pocket to return home with me. After that we went to bring the suitcases to the luggage service and went to get our coats. Than we gone to the main park again where we lined up for BTM again. After we rode it I bought little one a T-shirt with BTM on it and myself the DVD of the Disney parks. Than Little one got a little carried away cause he did want to do PM again and loads of other stuff and we did not have time for it anymore. He just did not want to return home yet. We did have lunch again at the Lucky Nugget saloon where little one spoiled a whole glass of Fanta over me and himself. But waiter just cleaned it up.. got a new Fanta and never mentioned it again..
We met Pinochio, King John, Donald Duck, Goofy in Western outfit, Mickey and Chip and Dale and since we made reservations we got the chance to have the picture taken with all of them.
After that we had to go back to the hotel to collect our belongings and wait for the bus to arive. Bus was right on time this time and gotten us almost in front which I liked as it was a double bus (you know what I mean?) Little one was going down stairs in the bus this time and played and coloured and did things and I hardly did see him anymore.
We stopped twice and one time to eat but the burgers we ordered weren't cooked and all red on the inside but I did not have enough time to go back with them so that were really expensive fries if you ask me  :wink:  but well.. it was okay..
When we got back in Holland my parent were waiting already for us and little one started crying as he saw them cause he now realised the holiday was over and everything would be back to normal soon.

So that was my trip... I did not do Crush Coaster.. not because I didn't want to... but because the waiting line was over 2 hours.. and little one is not that patient.. also because I have read here that it could be scary for young kids and since little one is not even 4 yet.. I skipped it... He asked me everyday if he could ride it but I just told him he can ride it when he is 5 years old... and he believed me... yeah I know... I am evil...
We had a splendid time.. I might have forgotten or mixed up some details but well.. in main line.. it is correct.
I was pretty late with writing my report but well.. I had to let the negative things sink a little first cause that was all I could think of at one point. Now I can look back at it with loads of fun and everything just turned out fine. We are saving now already for the next trip. I know I still have my signature standing below my posts... I will remove it when I am ready for it...  :wink:

tubbsy

Love the report Angela and I am glad you managed to ride BTM with the little one.  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Masamune

:D Great report Angela!

:shock: I can't believe the sheer rudeness of that woman on the Peter Pan ride! :? If anyone ever tried to get in the cart that our gate put us at, I don't know what I'd do.

RnRCj

Very good report Angela! It's very interesting to read through :wink:

I'm glad that woman got a warning from security :P

Disneyana

Thank you for your very nice trip report. It was a pleasure to read it.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"