Davewasbaloo DLP photos

Started by davewasbaloo, July 15, 2007, 06:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Sorry about the delays guys, but I thought I'd share about 10% of the photos we took on our recent trip to DLP, including Dover, Sandwich, Margate, Calais, Chantilly, Provins and Reims.

I hope you guys enjoy (or are not too board).

It was a great vacation and I cannot wait for the next:

Click here

Trip report to follow when I get time...
since 2001 (many before that)

miss disney fan

great pics dave, your going to have to help me with the hidden mickey tho, its hard to believe that not fat outside of DLRP has such lovely towns, thanks for the photos

davewasbaloo

I'll give it a few days and see what people come back with, and then I will point them out in more detail.

Glad you like them.

RnRCj

Great photos! I can't spot the Hidden Mickey either! :lol:

smurfy74

Great pics although those hidden mickeys are stumping me I cant see them :D

pink

great pics made me really excited about my trip now seeing it more for real  :D my dd is really wanting to meet minnie i hope we are as lucky as you and see her

jazzluvva

great pics, looks like you had a fab trip

I got the first mickey - its so obvious guys!! you'll all kick yourselves, struggling a bit with the 2nd one though

jazzluvva

i think i've found number 2, but it might be my eyes playing tricks on me, is it just below the balcony?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "jazzluvva"i think i've found number 2, but it might be my eyes playing tricks on me, is it just below the balcony?

Fraid not, look a little left of there.

Disneyana

Nice photos ! And yes the small towns around DLP are pretty nice. France is a nice place on earth. I don't know where the Hidden Mickey is either ?!  :shock:  So please tell us.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Riebi

Great Pics Dave!! Always nice to take a look at DLP!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Soap

Great picca's Dave :D Always a joy to see other peeps enjoy the magic so much :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

mr gibbs

Great photos & I'm sure i've got both the Mickeys. First ones obvious, but the second one, you really have to look hard, however did you spot that in the first place!!?
I can see what Jazzluvva means, there does look like another mickey below the balcony (centre of the wall section, about 2/3 to the right).
Cute kids by the way - wish mine was that age again (less backchat!!)
House looks great. We also looked at the Marriot village, and were tempted but I think we are going to buy locally instead & rent out.
Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirate\'s life for me...!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "mr gibbs"Great photos & I'm sure i've got both the Mickeys. First ones obvious, but the second one, you really have to look hard, however did you spot that in the first place!!?
I can see what Jazzluvva means, there does look like another mickey below the balcony (centre of the wall section, about 2/3 to the right).
Cute kids by the way - wish mine was that age again (less backchat!!)
House looks great. We also looked at the Marriot village, and were tempted but I think we are going to buy locally instead & rent out.

Yep, I can see how you might think it.  I suppose there are a few potential HMs there, but this one is deliberate.  I will reveal it properly later this week.

Thanks for the complements - they can be really cute or really "ugly" dependent on their moods, but can't all kids?

The house was great.  We considered buying a 2nd house at Serris or Bailly Romainvilliers, but with 3 bed appratments going for 200 - 300,000 euro (when they were only about 120,000 5 years ago), coupled with insurance, management companies etc, we decided the Marriott was a better deal for our circumstances at this stage - plus we can swap to Orlando, Newport Beach (25 mins from the original DL) or the New Otani near Tokyo DL (as well as options near HKDL), we decided to try this.

Once we are a little more established, we may review and eventually purchase near DLP or in the States.

mr gibbs

Yep, i'm sure I've got the second one, but I don't want to steal your thunder Dave. I'll wait until you reveal to see if i'm right.
Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirate\'s life for me...!