Walt Disney In Ice

Started by Javey74, July 10, 2007, 11:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Since I was young I was told that Walt Disney is buried within a block of ice.  Is this true.

I was told that he did this hoping for a cure for what ever he died of, not sure if it was cancer or something else.  So really he has preserved himself so his body does not age any further.  

Saying that he would need to be brought up to speed mentally, to this generation.  Lots of things have changed since then as we all know.

Strange if he did come back to life.  I wonder what he would make of the Disney Empire now.

Anyway, how far is any of this true ? ?

:donald:

madame_leota

walt died of lung cancer and was cremated. :(

Anonymous

It's complete rubbish - an urban myth.

madame_leota

if only it were true though!!

Javey74

Thanks for that, cleared that matter up.

Only now I wonder where the myth came from......seems strange one to invent.

:roll:  :?:

Anonymous

I think it originated from the nine old men.

Javey74

??
Nine old men  :?:

Anonymous

The original Disney animators are referred to as the nine old men.

Javey74

Oh I see, wonder what made them invent that one.  Still animators are storytellers no matter how strange the story might be ! :D

Anonymous

Rumour has it that it originated with one of them - think it might have been Ward Kimball, who was supposed to have been a bit of a prankster.

disney_donutter

although it is a story, it's a pretty believable one really!! lol

RnRCj

Who told you about this? :lol: I knew it wasn't true when I started reading it because I watched a documentary about Walt's life once. If only he was still alive :(

madame_leota

Quote from: "RnRCj"Who told you about this? :lol: I knew it wasn't true when I started reading it because I watched a documentary about Walt's life once. If only he was still alive :(

me too! :(

ive never seen a documentary on walt, i bet it was soooo so intresting!

i had a dream i met him once though. i think its the best dream i ever had!! :D

Kristof

Here's a webpage with a few Disney urban legends, if you're interested in more...  :wink:

http://www.magicalmountain.net/DisneyUrbanLegends.asp

disney_donutter

Excellent, it will be a cool read! thanks Raptor :-)