Just back from DLP a few hours ago.

Started by davewasbaloo, July 01, 2007, 02:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

We're back after 12 days at DLP.  We loved our trip so much, we bought into the Marriott Vacation Club and we had a blast.  We took over 1000 photos, met with friends (about 20 over the 2 weeks) and some imagineers.  Were in a couple of shows.  Rode the Molly Brown and toured the Keel Boats. Loved Crush and Cars, as well as HSM.  Parade and Character Express are lovely additions.

Greet meals at the Steak House, King Ludwigs, Silver Spur, Lucky Nugget, plus good food and lousy service at Walt's.  Great trip.  The parks are looking the best they have in a long time.  we also had a great time at Val D'europe, Reims (inc. Tattinger winery), Provins and Chantilly.  Trip report to follow soon if people are interested.
since 2001 (many before that)

Nicholas-c

cool : ) 12 days is a long time
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Suzy

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Trip report to follow soon if people are interested.

Yep - we're interested!!!   :D

tubbsy

As always-please and thank-you-any tips you found useful would be great too-already noted down a few of Masamunes:D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Riebi

Sounds like a great trip! And yes a report will be wonderful :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Masamune

:o Wow, 12 days. Did you actually spend that many days in the Parks, or was that how long your entire trip was? :) If so, how many days did you spend in the Parks?

RnRCj

12 days! That's a long time! Although I'm sure I could spend 12 days just in the resort, but my family couldn't :lol: How many of those 1000 photos are you going to upload for us? :P

davewasbaloo

Remember I have a 2 year old and a four year old, so often we would go in the morning, head back to the house for an afternoon break, and then go back to the park for 4 or 5.

I will do a proper trip report and photos over the coming weeks (at conference this week and Metallica concert at the weekend).  But it broke down like this:

Sunday - Visit Dover, Sandwich, Deal Castle and Fish and Chips at Margate for dinner.  Caught 8pm Eurotunnel and checked into Holiday Inn Calais (Harbour view room).

Monday - Travel to Chantilly, visit horse museum, palace, and watched a horserace - off to Marriott.  McD's Val D Europe for dinner and grocery shopping at Auchan.

Tuesday - DLP - Lunch at Lucky Nugget

Weds - WDS am, Annette's Lunch, DLP EMH

Thursday - Reims and Tattinger Winery - Italian for dinner at Val de Europe

Friday - WDS/DLP - Steakhouse for lunch

Saturday - Sealife Aquarium, shopping Val D Europe - Lunch at Chinese

Sunday - EMH in am, Fuente Del Oro for Lunch back to hotel in the pm Indian takeway in house

Monday - DLP/WDS - King Ludwigs for lunch EMH

Tuesday - DLP/WDS - bought Marriott Vacation Club.

Wednesday - Provins - Creperie for lunch

Thursday - DLP including Walt's for lunch

Friday - Shopping at Auchan, quick trip into DLP, lunch at Silver Spur, drive to Calais and get the 9pm train.  Stay at Holiday Inn Ashford with room service for dinner.

Saturday - drove home as we were too tired to do anything else.  Ordered in Pizza.

We managed all shows and attractions except the Train (never seemed open - just 12:30 - 5:30, and Dumbo).  I will post more detailed reports including the Laughing Place fan meet and other special items when I get time.
since 2001 (many before that)

giorgio1712

Sounds amazing already cant wait for a full report!!!