Disney's Halloween Season 2007

Started by Kristof, June 29, 2007, 10:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

thanks for the link too Baloo! i have to say DLR have outdone themselves. In the past many people felt none US parks made more of an effort for halloween, not this year! It evokes a very Americana feel, perfect for Disney. I know DLRP is european, and maybe thats why characters were created, to give a european twist on what is seen as an American holiday, but after seeing their decorations, makes me think they have it spot on, traditional, Americana, with Disney heritage and characters.

penfold12

In my ideal world we would get DLR style in Disneyland Park, and a Jack Skellington and NBC character theme in the studios! I can dream

anthony2k6

Quote from: "Owain"

they arent gonna leave that like that are they?? :?

Patrick

Well for anyone who thought DLRP had made a mistake, no doubt you would be correct, after all a week or so later with a bit of pumpkin orange paint and part of the sign has been covered :lol: .

http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/11/55/78/17/img_0013.jpg

Source: DynastyGo on Disney Central Plaza forum

Anthony

Pffffffff... I'm speechless.

How can there be SUCH a difference in quality between the 15th stuff and this?!

tubbsy

That is REALLY disappointing!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

The Butlin Boy

What a joke, especially during a year of what is possibly the resorts greatest detail :?  :x  :shock:  :roll:

Poppy The Monkey

Dont build up your hopes over the Villains showtime either.

The music is all recycled, the opening and finale song "Are you ready for Halloween" is from Tokyo.

The rest of the show uses the worst cutting and mixing I've ever heard for a Disney Show. And all the playback is taken from things like Disney's Cinema Parade for Cruella, and Fantillusion for Jafar.

The costumes and dancing is good but don't build up your hopes too much!

Japper

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The music is all recycled, the opening and finale song "Are you ready for Halloween" is from Tokyo.

Hey! That's a nice song!  :)

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The music is all recycled, the opening and finale song "Are you ready for Halloween" is from Tokyo.

The rest of the show uses the worst cutting and mixing I've ever heard for a Disney Show. And all the playback is taken from things like Disney's Cinema Parade for Cruella, and Fantillusion for Jafar.

Thanks for the info! To be honest, anything that doesn't use Tokyo's "Happy Happy Happy Halloween" song is fantastic in my view, so we'll see. :wink:

dr.jones

QuoteI love the Pumpkinmen and even the Pink Witches, but the complete disorder they have with the decorations is awful for a park with such high status as DLP. It's like they let a primary school class design props and then randomly dropped them off all over the park. There's no overall design or thought the way there is with Belle's Christmas Village, the Christmas decorations of Main Street, etc.
They need to take a step back and just refine the whole season, don't you think?
Baloo, you're absolutely right! The decorations look very cheap and crappy. Why do they use flashy orange? Why not a more natural, genuine looking orange colour?
The only time I visited during the Halloween-season, was in 1998. There were not much decorations and they were a lot simpler, but at least it looked authentic (and NOT like a kindergarten!).

And why do they theme the season around Stitch? What has he to do with Halloween?? He's an alien, NOT a ghost, goblin or bad guy! Apparently they've already forgotten Disney's ultimate Halloween-movie: The Nightmare before Christmas.
It's about time DLRP starts looking at Hong Kong and Anaheim for a lesson in Halloween-theming.

Patrick

Quote from: "Baloo"

Thanks for the info! To be honest, anything that doesn't use Tokyo's "Happy Happy Happy Halloween" song is fantastic in my view, so we'll see. :wink:

Hahahaha, Happy Happy Happy Halloween, please God I hope it is not featured at all during the Halloween Soiree again :lol: , but sounds like this show could be interesting.  I have noticed a lack of advertising for Halloween over here in the UK, perhaps Disney themselves are trying to not get people's hopes up too much as well.

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"
Quote from: "Baloo"

Hahahaha, Happy Happy Happy Halloween, please God I hope it is not featured at all during the Halloween Soiree again :lol: , but sounds like this show could be interesting.  I have noticed a lack of advertising for Halloween over here in the UK, perhaps Disney themselves are trying to not get people's hopes up too much as well.

You's will be disappointed folks, because it is the theme song of the new Halloween Pre-Parade, mixed terribly with "Boo To You" from last years pink witches pre-parade.  :twisted:

Patrick

OK can someone just sack whoever chooses the tokyo music for disneyland paris :lol: .  I would be happy with just boo to you now there's a classic halloween tune, oh wait that's sirli ok never mind :lol: .

The Butlin Boy

There are loads of images of the decorations at the link below:

:arrow: http://kyotodmi.free.fr/DLRP%2004102007/HALLO/

Source: Kyoto at DMI