Disney's Halloween Season 2007

Started by Kristof, June 29, 2007, 10:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

I do not know fully, but I doubt there will be any halloween soiree tickets left on Halloween, you definitely get 50% off when you book in advance over the phone :wink: .

Also have to say yet again DLRP slightly impresses me, I don't know why but I oddly like the pink Cinderella Carriage :lol: .  Also from photos the Villain show looks like it is a rather quick put together, yet fun show, liking the recycling of old Villain and Halloween Happening Parade costumes.

disneyfanatic

I just wanted to say thanks to the person who put the Halloween 2007 photos up on Photos Magiques. I am so excited to go as we have no pumpkin patches here, I can take all the pumpkin pictures I want at DLP! Does anyone know if the characters will all be dressed up for Halloween the whole month of October or only on Halloween night (which we can't go since hubby can't get time off from work :x ) I am really hoping it won't be as crowded as all the other times we have visited. It would be nice to catch DLP just once when it is not horribly crowded.

Anthony

^^ @disneyfanatic: Halloween events continue all month, with many of the characters dressed up -- what you see in the Photos Magiques photos will be there till November. :wink:

The pink Cinderella coach... ouch. I say "ouch" because, though it pains me to say it, this idea which would have been really bad on paper actually looks rather good, in a weird way. :lol:

Could anyone give a brief run-through of what happens at the Disney Villain's Halloween Showtime?

Kristof

Baloo: I'm uploading a video of the full show to the web as we speak.  I'll post it here the minute it's online.  :wink:

Kristof

Here are the videos:

» The Halloween Opening Parade
» The Disney Villains' Halloween Showtime (at Google Video)

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the videos Raptor, I've watched the first one (which is great) and I'm loading the second one now :wink:

anthony2k6

hmm dont think much to the music to either of them!!!

GeoffD

Thanks Raptor

Are you ready for Halloween... won't be able to get that out of my head now.

Poppy The Monkey

Great video Raptor, was this our first, second or third show on the Saturday?

The show is even better in real life, expecially when that Malificent from the video does the show, she is amazing! She used to be "friends" with Cruella, in the old Starring Cruella De Ville show, but is even better here!!

The music has been cleaned up slightly, but still mixes badly I think, tho you could see all the different sources the tracks are taken from as a celebration of DLRP entertainment over the past 15 years I suppose  :lol:

It really is a good, basic show!

Kristof

I agree Poppy the Monkey, the show is a lot of fun!  

It was the last performance we taped.  A lot of your colleagues were standing next to us watching the show.  :wink:

TowMater

I've seen the first one and it's great, I'll watch the Villian show in a moment.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Anthony

Hey, the Showtime surprised me - it's actually pretty good!

I'd wondered what the actual point/story of the show would be, but as a revue of villains and their theme songs it works really, really well. I don't particularly like the Tokyo Halloween songs, if I were Vasile Sirli I'd be pretty pissed they weren't using the excellent Halloween-Halloween or It's Halloween-Lo-Ween. These ones are just generic j-pop, far too happy for Halloween.

Nice recycling of costumes, including the "Cruella boys", lol! I love Minnie's pink witches outfit too.

The pre-parade... blah. It looks ok, but I don't really like the main witch having a microphone and saying pointless things like "are you having a nice day?" (surely it should be "are you having a horrible day?"). It seems a really cheap thing for a Disneyland parade, I don't like when Father Christmas does it either.

Overall it's not bad, and it'll certainly make the pure quality of OUADP look even more dazzling. :wink:

almandot

Thanks for the preparade and villain show.

Are there any videos of the main parade around yet? :)

Flounder

Quote from: "almandot"Thanks for the preparade and villain show.

Are there any videos of the main parade around yet? :)

I have one ;) But the main parade is just the same as usual - means it's just the "Once upon a dream Parade" with no actual changes except for the preparade that you can see here on the website.

I am just working on vids of the shows I recorded last weekend. You can cklick on the link in my sig and go to YouTube to see one of the shows I just uploaded there (Minnie and the Bat Boys). I also have a HQ version of that which I want to make available within the next days - and that one's of course not splitted ;)

Cheers,
Flounder

Bopshop

I adore Maleficent so can't wait to see this!  :twisted: