Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shell_ely

that looks very smart, very classic i love it  :ears:

Nath

I do think crush and cars looks absolutely beautiful, toon town though to me looks liek a half arsed job. I really don't like the two-dimensional boards, I wish they made a really nice facade or even just had a hill behind it with the toon town letters stuck into the ground.

As for this almightly blue everywhere. I think it looks horrible. I like the way they've tried to merge the two areas together, and it does somewhat work, but I really don't like it. I was fine with crush being blue, obviously, but I think it takes that neutral tone away from the park for both the animagique studio and the one building with the new peter pan and wendy models on it really stick out like a saw thumb and don't really go with the rest of that park.

Kristof

I disagree Nath.  When I was standing on the former Animation Courtyard, I felt more enclosed by the buildings, as everything was in the same colour, and then when I walked out of Toon Studio, Tower of Terror just struck me, because of its now outstanding yellow colour.  I really understand and appreciate the smart move the Imagineers did by painting Toon Studio in a common colour.

Kristof

Two posts on a row... bang...   :lol:   But I have a good excuse... Grandmath has posted some great photos from the figures on the hat!

And the the path connecting the Toon Studio plaza with Studio Tram Tour has been nearly finished! (don't worry, Grandmath assures that the photo was taken onstage).

More photos here!

penfold12

Are we not getting the other golden figures anymore? Just the Peter Pan ones now?

CraigDLRP!

I am concerned as this new path looks somewhat unthemed, a step in the old direction. There doesn't seem to be any sign of any space for the Chicken Little Photolocation. Also, I hate the new flooring, when looking at pictures of animation courtyard, your eyes are drawn away from all the new nice things to see and toward that tarmac monstrosity. :?

Kristof

QuoteThere doesn't seem to be any sign of any space for the Chicken Little Photolocation.

Thank god for that.  That thing was hideous!  Especially during its last few months it was literally falling apart.  There will be photo locations on the new Toon Studio plaza, but less "over the top" as the Chicken Little one was.

Kinou

BTW ,the old photolocations (Bruce Nemo, Chicken, Incredibles) are rotting backstage behind Rrnc and Cinémagique.
Hug it out bitch !

Bowie

Update Toon Studio : (SPOILER)

http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/wds/toon ... town01.jpg
http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/wds/toon ... town02.jpg
http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/wds/toon ... town03.jpg

ToonTown... in here is a Land which exists in Magic Kingdom of Florida and Tokyo that one would like to have in our Parisian Disneyland Park. But it is a very new and exclusive Land which arrives at Walt Disney Studios before long: Toon Studio. However, you know it because spoke we about many times, the place of life of toons (ToonTown thus...) will be quite visible since their place of work, namely Toon Studio, by the means of large a backdrop placed at the bottom of the Land.

Hitherto only visible by far, here some stereotypes of the building site of this backdrop and its neighbourhoods. As it is about the entry of Toon Studio giving on ToonTown, a guérite of guard was placed at the accesses of the grid. Besides the screen of retro computer which is there seems to be récup, you do not find?

On the backdrop in him even, the imaginieurs did not forget to add a small point of humour with the silhouette of Roger Rabbit on board his vehicle, in the wall at the end of the street. Obviously, the poor Roger lost still the control of his vehicle and was embedded in the wall!

Not far from there, on a large door giving on the slides of Walt Disney Studios, a large poster representing the house of Mickey was stuck. It is by this door that the characters should arrive going at the meeting of the visitors of Toon Studio. And it is also by there that should leave the small train the characters which will ravel soon in this new Land. Not, I do not speak about Disney' S Characters' Express but about a small vehicle recycling one of the unutilised tanks from now on of late Parade of the Disney Dreams.

The design of this small train was kept secret until today. Still let us have patience a few days to discover it on the spot...

Bowie: There comes a little train , I like that very much . I'm exicted ! Butt I think they don't mean the Parade of Dreams butt the wonderfull world of Disney Parade. Because the Snow White float is Used often , (float pumkin men , Float Red Carpet , Float snow white , Float Christmas)

Bowie

Kristof

The Toon Train is being discussed here already... Looks like it wasn't such a big secret after all.  :roll:

viewtopic.php?t=2037

Bowie

Quote from: "raptor1982"The Toon Train is being discussed here already... Looks like it wasn't such a big secret after all.  :roll:

viewtopic.php?t=2037

Yeah but i only placed the DLRP.FR articel and it's a bit more detailed then teh post in that topic. Butt sorry for it ,

Anthony

Although it makes no sense translated like that...

"Toon Studio Security" is just awesome though. Great detail. :lol:

CraigDLRP!

Is the hole in the wall Goofy or Rodger Rabit. Although the article says rodger, it looks more like Goofy to me and Goofy is more popular in Europe.

Anthony

You're right, it's Goofy.  The hat in the air gives it away.

Kinou

It IS Goofy! Dlrp.fr is wrong..; well we're getting used to it aren't we? :D
Hug it out bitch !