Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "DLRP.fr"Aux Walt Disney Studios, les personnages Disney et Pixar déambuleront en nombre dans les allées du tout nouveau Toon Studios dès le mois de juin. Mieux, chaque matin, les grilles au fond du nouveau land s'ouvriront et on verra arriver tous nos héros favoris depuis Toon Town (représentée par un décor en trompe l'œil) !
At Walt Disney Studios, the Disney and Pixar characters will arrive in great numbers on the walkways of the all new Toon Studio, from June onwards.  Even better, each morning the gates at the back of the new land will open to reveal the arrival of our favourite heros from Toon Town [beyond the studio walls] (represented by a false décor).

Sounds brilliant. :D

I guess this news today is from that press conference in Paris last week?

Kristof

That's a great inexpensive replacement for Good Morning WDS!

Anthony

Nooooo replacement?!  I love the concept though, I'm very pleased to see they're reinforcing already that Toon Studio is a movie studio *within* Toon Town itself, it's such a brilliant idea. :)

Kristof

Well no not a replacement during the high season, but it'll be much better than the current red carpet meet 'n' greet.

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Nooooo replacement?!

It would make perfect sense that if Good Morning Walt Disney Studios leaves, another particular parade from Disney-MGM will replace it. Perhaps a late afternoon/early evening version of Stars & Motorcars Parade everyone is hoping for?!  8)

Anthony

Interesting! 8)

What I forget when I panicked before though is that Good Morning WDS is currently scheduled for 31st March to 26th August 2007.  Though it's true that that "particular parade" isn't rumoured to arrive until 2008 anyway...

I wonder if Toon Studio will feature the parade route from next year? If not through the new section at least from Disney Bros. Plaza to Flying Carpets, like before?  It seems the entrance statue is being designed with parades in mind, and a Toon area seems the best place for one.

Anthony

The AODA blue is spreading further!

Before:

After:

:arrow: //http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4281/aoaxb6.jpg

I hate to be negative, but I honestly think this looks really awful, much worse than before:

:arrow: //http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/4903/aoa2iu4.jpg

I'm praying it's just the start of the project, and they're going to do something to break up all that blue a bit. :?

Photos by burne at DMI forum.

Kristof

Yuk.  :x

But I'd like to point out that the our favourite Disney Central Plaza moderators (La Roquine and Grand Math) told their members that the current new colours are supposed to blend in with the Hollywood Blvd. that will be placed between the Tram Tour station and Partners Statue.

Anthony

Blend in? :o lol

You've made a good point though that if that small street set does happen then this part of the building will almost be like a "backstage" area, so it won't matter too much.

It'll be like in DCA how they have Hollywood Boulevard, and then down a side street that multicoloured Monsters Inc billboard entrance. :lol:

Maarten

Simply awful. I'm not going to say one more word about it if you don't mind.  :?

Anthony

Arrrrrhhh!! Are they being serious?!

http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20061024/

So much blue paint!

I'm very interested to see how this looks in reality next week.

Kristof

Makes you wonder what will happen to the Disney drawings on the wall.  Do you think they'll paint the rest of it blue as well and paint the drawings all over again?

Anthony

From the looks of it, they actually seem to have painted around them carefully enough that it could stay like that.

I honestly haven't got a clue what their plans are now though, I didn't expect them to repaint AODA like this.  I just hope they're simply laying the canvas for something extra which is going to go on top of all this blue.   :-k

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Makes you wonder what will happen to the Disney drawings on the wall.  Do you think they'll paint the rest of it blue as well and paint the drawings all over again?

I hope so! It would be nasty if they would leave this little peace of the building yellow. So although I dislike the blue, I would say, paint everything blue and paint the drawning all over again.  :?

Poppy The Monkey

This is definatly a step backwards in moi avis.

Makes the park look so cold(er)!

pic from dlrp.fr