Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyBud

That's awesome, and with magical dust will looke even better!

Kristof

A Sorcerer Mickey statue was planned for Animation Courtyard during the concept stage, as you can see on this concept art: (photo below is a zoom-in).

penfold12

Dont you think its ironic how much of the concept artwork is set in the dark/evenings, and how good th epark looks after dark, but is not open then......Yet!

Kristof

Grandmath reports on DCP that the key visuals for Cars and Crush have been put on the construction, and a concept art from the whole area!!!

Anthony

Yeah, apparently it's the newest concept art that has been released?  So this one:

I hope it looks good. I mean, it'll never look as good as raptor's photoshop job, but i'm sure they'll try...  :wink: Putting this up in October for something opening in JUNE in very impressive for DLRP already!!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"Putting this up in October for something opening in JUNE in very impressive for DLRP already!!

Well they did put the sign for TOT up around about Febuary 2006 and that is opening at the end of 2007/ begining of 2008!

Anthony

:o

No "s" on the end then, for sure!

It's not a work of art, but it's a brilliant advertisement.  The amount of people seeing this over Halloween, Christmas and Easter must = big success!

more: http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_toon_studios_cr ... r_824.html

The Butlin Boy

You beat me to it! :?

Great adversing though :)

Sam

Not very elegant (like ToT billboard), but I guess it does what it is supposed to do.

You can also see a new lamppost close to Disney Studio 1. I guess these will be placed throughout the new Toon Studio. The lamppost is blue and looks very industrial, like the old ones. Hopefully they will be further decorated (flowers, posters,...).

Dlrpfan

i like it because it shows exactly what is on its way and when to expect to see it
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "Sam"You can also see a new lamppost close to Disney Studio 1. I guess these will be placed throughout the new Toon Studio. The lamppost is blue and looks very industrial, like the old ones. Hopefully they will be further decorated (flowers, posters,...).
I didn't realise it was new - what's it pointing towards?  The Sorcerer's Hat?  Or maybe the future golden dust arch?

They might decorate it with banners like in the original Animation Courtyard concept, perhaps?

Sam

Well, I think it's new.  :wink:
I can't remember seeing them before.

Kristof

It's funny to see how they're going back to the original Animation Courtyard ideas.  Like those lampposts, the Mickey statue, the Aladdin oasis, ...  You would think they're trying to make up their mistakes.  :lol:  :wink:

Poppy The Monkey

I think those lamps have always been there.

This pic was taken the morning after the fences were put up...

And unless they were very quick in installing the lamps I think they have always been there.

Anthony

I thought I'd seen them before - what confused me though was that they're pointing away from Studio 1 (I always thought those lights were to light Studio 1).  I suppose they're the projector lights for the stars on the Sorcerer's Hat then?  I wondered where those projections came from... :)

Raptor's right about them going back to their original plans!  I think this whole project is such a massive "first" for Disney - from the Maurer Sohne indoor/outdoor Crush to eating humble pie and correcting their mistakes...  It's good to watch. :D