The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Thanks for the photos.

Looks like they're wrapping it up for Christmas! :)

Soap

Quote from: "Baloo"Thanks for the photos.

Looks like they're wrapping it up for Christmas! :)

Yup, one big present  :lol:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Samninetysix

And it's all for me :D

Dlrpfan

lol soap the will need ALOT of wrapping paper :D
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Samninetysix

We watched the DVD of TOT last night - pucker film :D

Kristof

From WDS Fans:

QuoteThe Street Set, as reported a few weeks ago on WDS Fans, appears to be bigger than expected. That if we may believe "Soundtracker" on the Micechat forums:

This time, the Imagineers are going to focus on the area surrounding the Tower Of Terror, by installing a new Hollywood street set!The new set will run the length of the miniature boulevard, from the entrance of the Art of Animation building and La Terrace food court, right the way to the Studio Tram Tour station. The station will be hidden behind a large false perspective screen, a little like the one found at the end of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot street in the California Adventure park.The new street will also extend to cover the front of La Terrace, leading into the circular plaza of the Production Courtyard. If all goes well and extra funds are assigned, we might even see extra facades being erected opposite the Rendezvous Des Stars restaurant. (As detailed in one of Peter Bell's articles.)The facades should be in place for the end of next year/early 2008, and look set to totally transform the aspect of the Studios park! I for one can't wait!

As you know how it goes with rumours and the internet... we'll just have to wait and see!

Anthony

Awesome.  It'll add a lot to the Tower if that gets the go-ahead.

I wonder if both sides of the sets will feature facades?  Otherwise when you're stood in the ToT courtyard you'll be surrounded by the reverse of them.

Hiding STT is a nice idea... unless they hide it too well. :lol:

Anthony

I brought the old Production Courtyard place-making topic back from the dead with some new info from soundtracker:

viewtopic.php?t=835

Soap

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"lol soap the will need ALOT of wrapping paper :D

:P  i guess they do....  :wink:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

thebatman_1

Hello there, was off work yesterday and went over to watch the stunt show and realized that they had begun to age the ToT, from the back of the tower a couple of sections of the tower had been aged. Couldnt get any photos yesterday but will do today and I will post them tonight around 11pm your time.

Kt

We didn't see the stunt show when we were there at the weekend so it would be good to see the progress from the back. We took some pictures of it from the front, but can't work out how to put pictures on here!!! :oops:
Nov 05 Sequoia
Feb 06 Sequoia
Dec 06 Sequoia Honeymoon Suite
Feb 08 Sequoia
Dec 09 Sequoia
Feb 11 Hotel New York Empire State Club
Jan 12 Hotel New York - Honeymoon Suite
Jan 13 Sequoia

Masamune

:P Despite my fear of elevators, I'm still planning on going on this ride... :o the contruction photos you guys keep posting are actually pretty reassuring, as it all looks pretty strong and such...

Is that as high as the Tower is going to get?

Miss Tinkerbell

lt's gonna look fabulous but l know l'll never get on it.  l still wonder what colour it'll be painted in (blue??????  :lol:  :wink: )

Aaron

New pictures from Gromit at themepark.nl forum.

Aaron