Our Trip June 17th-20th, 2007- Long sort of detailed report

Started by disneyfanatic, June 20, 2007, 11:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyfanatic

Just got back and had a great time!
Crush's Coaster is awesome :D  Cars was good. High School Musical I loved and the best moment was when we saw Capt. Jack Sparrow on Adventure Island 8)  Our previous 2 visits I asked a CM at POTC ride when he would be there and he never showed for the times he was supposed to. This time we were exploring and happend to bump into him. Oh I went weak in the knees- seriously my legs were shaking he was so good looking. whoo! He was very nice and I loved his accent :wink:  That was definitly a high light for me.

Sunday- went to WDS in the hopes of getting on Crush. Wait was 2 hours so that was a no go with family even though I told them it would be a good ride. Rode Rockin Roller Coaster and saw High School Musical 3 times. Watched Lilo & Stich's catch the Wave. Finally saw Animagique & Ciniemagique which we liked. (Normally we ride Rockin Roller Coaster then leave) Rode Cars in the rain and it was good although at the time I was in a bad mood because I was wet & cold. Went to hotel (Traveler's Explorers) had dinner buffet (good this night) and the family went swimming in the pool. I was already wet & cold so did not go in at this time. Nice pool but water is not what I would consider heated. It's pretty cold. Big enough room for the 6 of us. Everyone had a bed- no pull out sofa :D

Monday-Used our Dream pass to get into Fantasyland at 9am and rode Dumbo & Peter Pan then went to WDS to get in line for Crush's Coaster. Waited 55 minutes and it was definitly worth it! Rode Rockin Roller coaster. Saw High School Musical 3 times again. Yes I am obsessed with it :lol: Went back to Disneyland Park & got fastpasses for BTM. Rode POTC. Went to get passes for the Lion King 5pm showing. Rode BTM got off and got FP for BTM again :D  Watched the Lion King, saw Candellabraton at 6pm. Got EMH wristband. Rode Autotpia then Buzz and used FP at BTM. Rode BTM 2 times in a row during EMH. We did the Tea cups went back to BTM for the 5th time and called it a night. Left parking lot about 10pm. 13 hour day-whew!

Tuesday-family lined up first thing in the morning at WDS to ride Crush. 1st at park, not first in line at Crush. It is madness trying to get there! When we got in the ride was not working. Waited an hour to get on again. Same as day before basically. Still worth it. So love this ride! Watched High School Musical 2 more times (yes I need therapy) did Rockin Roller Coaster again. Went to Disneyland Park at a much slower pace. Rode BTM and took the Train around the park. Lined up an hour and 15 mintues before the parade started on Main Street in the shade :wink:  The parade did not stop at all along the route this time as it had done in the past :(  Explored Adventure Island and got to see my Jack. Ohhh if I wasn't already happily married.... :lol: Rode the Mark Twain then the Haunted Mansion and went back to the hotel for Buffet Dinner(not as good as Sunday night) & swimming (sooooo cold but slides were open and kids had a blast)

Wednesday-First in line at WDS Crush was working so we were able to get on in about 5 minutes. Got off in time to see the Good Morning Disney Studios parade. Rode Cars in the sun & took some pictures. Rockin Roller Coaster again. No High School Musical today (I'm going to be ok, I'm going to be ok  :lol: ) as we had 12pm RSVP at Lucky Nugget.
Had lunch at Lucky Nugget. Saw a show this time. Mickey, Frair Tuck, Eeyore, Genie, Pluto, Goofy were our characters. It wasn't busy so they came around a few times. Rode BTM, rode POTC, did the Nautilus and explored the fort, rode BTM again and left. No Space Moutain this time as it was closed the whole time we were there. That's ok I guess because I like Crush better than Space Mountain now.

So that was our trip. We have our favorites and we stick to them. Can't wait till next month to see High School Muscal & ride Crush again. This time we are bringing our son's friend as a B-day gift so he isn't stuck having to ride everything with family :wink: I'll be worried about them the whole time so I am not sure how I'll enjoy it but we'll see. I'd post photos but I am sure they would be too big. I love my photo of Jack. If anyone knows who he is Thank him for being so friendly for me :D

Nicholas-c

sounds like you had a great trip :) glad to hear that :)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Riebi

WOW! Must be a wonderful trip! Hope your next will be even wonderful!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

cdami

sounds like a wonderfu trip!!  I guess we will be waiting to ride Crush next month when we go!!  We all just love coasters!!
Cindy
DL in Calif 2004 for the 50th celebration at GCH
4 trips to WDW, Contemp, AS Sports, Poly, Beach Club
Adventures by Disney Cities of Nights & Lights and 4 days at DLRP  in July 2007

disney30

Crush sounds amazing

Do you know why Space Mountain was clossed?

The Butlin Boy

It sounds like you had a fantastic time :) I am sooooo incredibly jealous of you right now :wink:

giorgio1712

Nice trip! Sounds like you packed a lot in, and need help for your obsession with HSM!!

RnRCj

2 hours for Crush?!?! Ahhh! :shock:

Sounds like you had a very nice trip and I'm glad you did actually get on Crush's Coaster :P

Just out of interest, what were the queues like for Rock n Roller Coaster?

disneyfanatic

Speaking of needing help for High School Musical my hubby is finishing the DVD Disc to watch it on the computer and TV :D I just love the music & dance moves from the movie- it goes great with my girls cheerleading routines. That's probably why the CM (both male & female) appreciated me dancing with them. I knew alot of the moves :lol:
The lines for Rockin Roller Coaster weren't very long. I suppose it was because everyone was waiting to ride Crush! We always baby swap Rockin Roller Coaster so that's how come we kept seeing High School Musical right outside of it then had to run down to catch it again :D
Crush is definitly worth the wait if you like coasters- even though it doesn't go upside down.
I am just assuming Space Mountain was closed for routine maintence. The brochure said Haunted Mansion would be closed while we were there but that was open so who knows.
You'll all be there before you know it! Try to ride Crush first thing if you can, otherwise plan to stand in line for 2 hours.
Gotta Go- HSM is on my TV!!!!!

disneyfanatic

I wanted to change my Avatar to something with HSM but all the pictures were too big- next time I'll take them from a distance :D
I'll try to downsize some pictures and get them up here if I can...

victoria9bunny

You're holiday sounds lovely and I can't believe you're going back again so soon, lucky thing !!  We stayed in the same hotel and there was a problem with the pool when we were there, something to do with the water temperature and too much chlorine and a lot of the kids ended up sick so they closed it for a while.  Anyhow I'm thrilled with your review of Crush, it opened the day we flew home so we didn't get chance to ride it as we would have missed our flight so I'll have to look forward to next time.  Thanks for sharing your experience, sounds lovely !!  P.s  we saw Capt Jack too, he was so lovely - I could have traded him in for my hubby, lol xxx :lol:

TowMater

RnRCj2 wrote - 2 hours for Crush?!?! Ahhh! :shock:

It's just been opened so it will be 2/3 hours.

It sounds like you had a great trip!
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century