Character meets - help me out!

Started by Nicholas-c, August 16, 2018, 11:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas-c

Hey folks!

It's been such a long time since I last posted! I haven't been able to get to the parks in years, I went for one day last year while visting Paris, however the last time before that was back in 2009!!! Shocking I know right!

Anway, at the end of August I'm going with my long term girlfriend for 3 full days and we'd like to do some character meets (I generally avoided the characters before when I was younger and in my teenage years) and potentially buy the photopass so I've got some questions around that also

1) Honestly, is the Photopass worth the money for 2-3 character photos and 2-3 ride photos? How much are those individual photos now days, and would the cast members at the character meets take photos with your own iPhone or such for you? - From what I can see online you're looking above 50€ (I think 79?) for the pass and if 2-3 photos only comes to 30€ then that's the more sane option. Doesn't seem completely worth it for one day of use

2) Is meet the Mickey mouse building in Fantasyland worth the wait? If so, when are the best times to go, if not is the main street or any other Mickey/Minnie meeting spot better?

3) Girlfriend's favourite princess is Ariel and princess hunting can be a bit of a hard one I believe - However there is the Princess Pavilion over next to it's a small world now days - From research online I belive they post the princess of the day outside, does this change however and how likely would my partner be to meet Ariel and get a snap together? It'd make her holiday I'm sure!

4) Any other must-have character meets you recommend?

5) Any food recommendations that have appeared over the last few years? Croque monsieur, Caseys corner and the half chicken over in Chalet Du Marionnette are musts in my book!

Thanks in advance!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

dlpowl

Hi, I'll try to help if I can!

The Photopass Plus is worth it for some people and not for others.  We go for a week each trip and love to meet characters so for us, the Photopass is totally worth it.  On our last one we got over 100 photos so for the €60 (or whatever it costs, I can't remember exactly) it was a brilliant buy.  If you're going for 3 days and doing character meets then I think it would possibly be worth getting but it's up to you.  Alternatively, at the first photo location you go to, get a free Photopass card and then keep it for the whole of your stay, just make sure you load all of your Photopass character and ride photos onto that card.  Then at the end of your holiday you can visit one of the Photopass booths and they will show you all the photos on that card.  Then if you want to buy the Photopass Plus and get all the photos, you can.  Or if you just want to buy a couple of individual ones, you can do that too.

Meet Mickey Pavillion is lovely and if you get into the park for 8.15am, head straight up there and you'll get seen very quickly.  Same with the Princess Pavillion.  The queues get horrendous for that but if you get into the park for opening and head straight there you'll get seen pretty soon, but you have to be in the park for rope drop and go straight there.  This is assuming that both the Mickey Pavillion and Princess Pavillion are open for Early Magic Time.  They sometimes change it so I would check.  Ariel is a regular in the Pavillion so over the course of 3 days, you should see her.  If you want to treat your girlfriend to the Princess Lunch in Auberge De Cendrilliom then that's another chance to see her.  There's no way of knowing which Princesses you will get but Ariel is a common one. Auberge books up weeks in advance though so you may have left it too late.

As for food, we love the Lucky Nugget Saloon as there's entertainment and a great atmosphere but food is a very personal thing so it's difficult to advise really.  If you like Pineapple and Ice cream then definitely get a Pineapple Whip from the food cart near Cafe Agrabah, they're amazing.