-17 degrees and free tomato soup !

Started by jessief, March 01, 2018, 03:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessief

Sitting looking out at a blizzard and thinking back to 1st March 2005 when we were definitely having our coldest ever visit to the parks. The cast members did a brilliant job to keep everything going, the characters gathered in the arcades hugging freezing kids and then the urns of soup appeared, never has powdered tomato soup tasted so good !! Our little one was wrapped up in a Thumper suit, her dad's jumper on top, a fleece blanket and 2 hotel towels on top of that and she was still shivering in her buggy. I remember we left the park early that day, after more soup, and enjoyed a not so cosy evening in the hotel with the 4 of us huddled in bed watching Tuck Everlasting. The upside, apart from the free soup, was that we had to delay leaving for an extra 2 nights as the roads up to Belgium for the ferry were blocked with snow. Ah, the good old days.

jeakat24

Oh wow- that sounds difficult and fun in equal measure! I'm not even sure being in Disneyland could make me brave those kind of temperatures!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge