What was your first Disney movie?

Started by Anonymous, May 28, 2007, 10:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

What was the first Disney movie which set you off on your love of Disney?

For me, I imagine it must have been either The Aristocats or Robin Hood.

I have vague memories of seeing The Aristocats, Robin Hood, Peter Pan and Winnie The Pooh in the cinema in the 70's.

More recently, in about 1993, it was Beauty and the Beast which got me hooked on Disney as an adult. Someone I was working with at the time lent me a copy of the film on video, and it got me hooked on Disney movies and animation in general. I'd kind of 'grown out of' animation by this time (I'd have been 23) but BATB opened my eyes and made me realise what an incredible artform it was, and how it wasn't just for kids.

And I fell in love with Belle.

:roll:

maji

snow white when i was five- turned me into a hopeless romantic :!:

rigg_vienna

:D
My first Disney-movie was "Bambi"![/i][/b]

Charlotte

Aladdin was the very first film i saw, ever. =]
I love it so much; to bad you can't get it on dvd anymore.

Curse you disney and your limited edition DVDs.  :(

smurfy74

i still remember my first visit to the cinema which was to see Pinnochio - my mum and I had a lovely time and ive been hooked on Disney eversince

Punky

The first one I ever saw, was "The Recuers" but I was 3 back then and so I can´t remember seeing it. But the first ones I remember were "Dumbo" and "Robin Hood"
If you dream it, you can achieve it!

pjulie75

I remember going to the Cinema to see Snow White and being terrified of the witch and the poison apple!  Beware of rosy red apples !! :maleficent_bounce:

Nala_84

I'm not sure whether it was THE LITTLE MERMAID or THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER, but it was surely one of those ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

x-charlotte-x

So many Disney films that i watched when i was little, i used to have a Disney video on every night before i went to bed. I honestly can't remember which film was the first one i ever watched, probebly Snow White, or Dumbo, or The Rescuers.  :lol:

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Dlrpfan

hmm i think it was the lion king on home video
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Riebi

My first disney movie was snowwhite. I watched it on video with my aunt.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

J Worthington Foulfellow

I have a vague memory (actually my first real memory) of being taken to see Snow White at the cinema when it was re-released in the early 1990s.

While I saw most of the Disney canon during my childhood, Aristocats and Pocahontas were the only ones that really left an impression on me.  I liked them all ok, but I was never really a "Disney Child".

When I was 16, however, everything changed.  I was on study leave from school to revise for my GCSEs and I was hit by a sudden wave of nostalgia, and over the next few days I rewatched my entire Disney collection.  It was only then that I realised just how good these films really are, especially (in my opinion anyway) the ones made while Walt was still alive.  Pinocchio is now my favourite film of all time (as you can probably tell by my username!) and not a day goes by where I don't consider myself lucky to have Disney magic in my life.
Mesdames et Messieurs, et vous, les enfants....

DLRP August 93, August 97, September 01, June 04, December 05, August 07

madame_leota

the first disney movie i can remember watching when i was little was the little mermaid, or it could have been robin hood. although im sure i saw many more before that. i always wanted to be ariel!! when i was in a swimming pool i pretended to be her!! lol

fly_with_me_dumbo

i dont think it was a movie, my mum forced it onto me, it will have been a princess one i remeber watching bambi when i was five and crying at the mum being killed obviously :(

disney_donutter

I actually can't remember the first Disney film I saw.. I am trying to pick my brains here people! This being quite a chore because there aren't many there to pick!  :P I think it might have been the rescuers quite possibly...