DLP have raised the bar this Christmas: Magic

Started by sunshine1, December 07, 2017, 10:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YenSidBot

why is it that every time I log on that dlpwonders has some of the rudest comments . Were all Disney fans here and were just trying to help one another out
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

Pete's Dragon

The comments seem they would be more befitting the cast member break room when having a rant to other staff. Whereas we are not; in essence we are the customers and don't need to hear it.

Does this seem like a fair assessment of the situation?

loupenny

We found this out the hard way as well! We were so confused as were the majority of the crowd, everyone was stood around like "was that it? Is more going to happen?". An announcement certainly wouldn't have gone a miss!
In the past - Disneyland Hotel, New York, New Port Bay (DLP) Caribbean Beach (WDW) and AP holder at Tokyo Disney.
Recent Years - Kyriad - 2011
Santa Fe - 2015
Dream Castle, B&B hotel, Air BnBs - 2017

sunshine1

Goofys incredible Christmas and Mickeys Big Band are pure magic this year.

Pure magic. DLP are showing the world now that the are not just a 'sister' park to WDW.

The Christmas entertainment this year is amazing.

I didnt get to see Stitch's Christmas show so I cant comment.

Not forgetting the new Christmas parade tune: 'Christmas is here'. For me, that is the best tune ever.

The interaction between the characters/performers trounce WDW and I have been to WDW many times.

Honorable mentions go to Thumper & Miss Bunny, The Tweedles and Baloo and King Louie.

I was watching the start of the Christmas parade in Town Square and Scrooge stops his meets for 15 mins whilst the parade passes by to watch. Him and his brilliant handler were heckling all the performers for money.
His handler made it magical as she was so loud and animated.
You cant force brilliant experiences like this.
It just happened.

I captured 30 seconds on film. Camera is a big shaky as I was dancing. It was hilarious.

https://youtu.be/Rcin0lZ1rwk

Very pleased that Walt Disney Company own the majority of DLP. It shows.

Slimy yet satisfying

Sounds great. We are heading off for a week on the 30th with tickets for the NY eve party. If this is the regular offering this year it bodes well for an exciting evening. Scrooge McDuck is a brilliant character and definately one of my favourites too!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

loupenny

We were absolutely delighted with the offerings this year, we had taken our extended family and I was really hoping the parks would show everyone exactly why we go so often! We left with family members buying annual passes!

Everything was utterly magical though we saw more cast members having a less than magical time than we've ever seen before which was a little unusual!
In the past - Disneyland Hotel, New York, New Port Bay (DLP) Caribbean Beach (WDW) and AP holder at Tokyo Disney.
Recent Years - Kyriad - 2011
Santa Fe - 2015
Dream Castle, B&B hotel, Air BnBs - 2017

sunshine1

Quote from: DLPWonders on December 08, 2017, 09:31:53 AM
Firstly, most guests have never visited and don't even know that the characters are a part of it.

Secondly, it's a safety hazard. You might not be impressed, but I'm pretty sure that the performers are impressed with not having to worry about breaking their neck because the stage is slippery and dangerous because of the rain. You'll live, they might not.

You're more than welcome to perform yourself under a weather condition that's not safe to do these kinds of things.
Instead of complaining, be happy that Disneyland Paris puts safety first.
They could've also canceled the whole thing, but they still made sure that their guests could still enjoy an altered version of the Tree Lighting Ceremony.

You obviously didnt read what i wrote.

Disney can cancel things all day long due to weather and safety of their performers. Just inform people that they are going to cancel/alter the show so people can make an informed of choice of deciding to stay in the cold rain for 30 minutes or leave.

In future read my posts and dont write me a paragraph on performers safety. I know more than anyone about performers safety.

So get down off your high horse and quit the preaching at me what I already know about performers safety.

sunshine1

Quote from: loupenny on December 09, 2017, 04:54:57 PM
We found this out the hard way as well! We were so confused as were the majority of the crowd, everyone was stood around like "was that it? Is more going to happen?". An announcement certainly wouldn't have gone a miss!

Yes

sunshine1

Quote from: polar vixen on December 08, 2017, 10:32:59 AM
The frustration is fair. Its not a massive deal that the characters coyldnt be there given safety issues- but frustrating when youve stood in the rain and i agree an announcement really would wouldnt have been that difficult to.make. hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday still
This was the year everyone sat for illuminations and other shows. Id never happened before. No dissapppintment but it was very weird! Lol

Thanks. Yes had a great trip.

loladelorean

Thanks for sharing these positive thoughts! I've been impressed from afar by the look of all the Christmas stuff this year, but we are going in mid January (bargain, not complaining!!) Maybe next year we'll make the effort to go for Christmas.
On this and other forums it feels like negativity abounds at the moment so I felt really disproportionately pleased to read your positive post and watch your video!! Thanks :)
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19