Just got home, anyone have any questions?

Started by Ehg_92, December 02, 2017, 06:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehg_92

Hi all I am sad to say my Disney trip has been and gone :'(
I had an amazing time though and whilst I am not going to write a trip report (because I am not literate enough) I wondered if anyone had any (unanswered?) questions about their upcoming trips, the Christmas season in the parks or anything I might be able to help with?
I stayed in the Sequoia Lodge (standard room), had the Full Board Plus plan, and ate in Bistrot Chez Remy, Captain Jacks, Inventions (lunch), Hunters Grill, La Grange at Billy Bobs, Cape Cod and Buffalo Bills.
I did one day in the studios and 4 in the main park.
Obviously if I didn't experience it, I cant answer question on it, but try me, I might be able to help.

polar vixen

Were there many photopass photographers around? And there are very mixed reviews of vaptain jacks...what did you think?

Ehg_92

Photopass photographers were present at most of the scheduled meet and greets we did, but not at any of the unscheduled ones
Sometimes one would be there for a character one day and not another
I wouldn't like to try and predict their frequency
On the programme the meets they are supposed to be at have a little Mickey logo next to them
Captain Jack's was lovely, I had the mahi mahi fish and my wife had the vegetable curry and we were both very happy with our meals, the desserts were lovely too.l, I recommend the rice pudding
Captain Jack himself made his way around tables whilst we ate and interacts with all and is happy to take pictures/tries to steal my wife's wedding ring  :P
I don't know if he is always there but we saw him from the ride most times we did it too

DLPWonders (Banned)

^ Photopass photographers are never around at the random meets.
And Captain Jack Sparrow is always in his restaurant.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

polar vixen

EHG_92  ive been a few years now and keep missing the random characters that i see on ed92s twitter feed. It seems you met a few.....where there any popular times to meet them. (Ie a rough time at a certain location) and youd have a decent chance of seeing someone random?

Ehg_92

Hey polar vixen
I found the best places were the front lot in the studios and near/behind the carousel in the main park at around 1500.
I found using ED92 wasn't particularly useful because by the time they post and you haul ass over the park the character is gone or the que (mob) is too big and usually there is no cast member to moderate
I found it best to set an objective to do rides OR characters on a given day to get the best chance of random encounters

polar vixen

Yeah- id been thinking the same thing. The twitter feed i get seems to be all jumbled time wise so i wasnt sure when to look out. Thanks for sharing!

Ehg_92

I think they need two accounts, one for characters and one for the other bits they post.

MinniesTeaParty

What did you think of the Christmas entertainments? Were any of the shows/parades so good you'd want to see them twice? Was there anything you'd skip if short on time?

Trying to plan our 3 weekdays with our Mickey- and Minnie-loving 4-year-old.

Thanks for any advice.

Ehg_92

I would definitely recommend seeing merry stitchmas once but no need to repeat unless you want to, I didn't see the sing a long in studios but heard it was nice
I would try to do goofys magical Christmas every night if I went again there is plenty of time to get between studios and the main park in time for the Christmas tree lighting and illuminations. I found watching both the Christmas tree lighting and illuminations from main Street near the emporium you could still see everything but didn't get blocked or pushed etc
And there is a little Christmas bit before illuminations
I have rambled a bit so to sum up:
Stitchmas: once was adequate
Sing a long: didn't do
Illuminations: every night
Goofys magical Xmas: every night
Xmas tree lighting every night
The Xmas parade once everyday
The regular parade everyday

DLPWonders (Banned)

^ Here's the thing: there is no answer to that.
Everyone likes other things.
In my opinion, Merry Stitchmas is worth watching every day.
In fact, every entertainment offering this Christmas season is worth watching every day (multiple times a day) in my opinion.

Did you see Mickey's Christmas Big Band in Videopolis?
The big surprise of the season, and one of the best shows that Disneyland Paris has ever done!

°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Ehg_92

I agree but on a 3 day schedule with character meets and rides as well it may be better to do so things once so as not to miss other things
But I do agree a fantastic range of shows and I would certainly do them all again and again and again

DLPWonders (Banned)

^ True, but then it's still all relative and personal preference.
So my original comment stands: there is no answer to that question.

Ehg_92

Lolly_Belle

Just back from a trip last week - mickey's big band was amazing! Really wasn't expecting something of such quality!
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC