Where to stay...Newport Bay or Disneyland Hotel

Started by camperdown9, October 02, 2017, 07:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camperdown9

Hi

This year I took part in the Disneyland Paris half marathon. I stayed at the Sequoia Lodge...I'm sorry but I wasn't impressed. 

-My room had a interconnecting door to the next room and I could hear every word that the people next door said.
-I was on my own and don't find eating at a table for one in a restaurant much fun. Would of liked room service.
-Would of also liked to of been able to get a cup of coffee somewhere in the hotel during the day.
-Room was a bit worn.

I understand that all these are minor issues and most people might not of noticed them, but I would rather pay more and feel happy that save money and wish that I was at home.

So next year I am thinking of staying at the Newport Bay but wondering if I really should pay a bit more and stay at the Disneyland hotel?

Is the Newport Bay much of an upgrade over the Sequoia Lodge? Is the Disneyland Hotel worth the extra cost or just over priced?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Alex

Pete's Dragon

Hi Alex,

I've stayed at both. The rooms we've had at Newport had connecting doors. Unsure if this is the norm as we were a party of 8 split across both rooms. There wasn't room service at the time.

Disney Hotel was beautiful - but pricey. We had a very spacious room with a double bed and a patio. I know there was room service as my wife ordered a large meal at 2am (took one bite and then fell asleep). The highlight was leaving the park and being in our room 2 minutes later.

Basically, the closer you stay to the gates the less hassle you endure but you pay for it. If ai had the choice and could afford it I would pock the Disney Hotel every time

bad-pink-tink

Im also a solo traveller and have also stayed at Sequoia Lodge. Thats a pity that you didnt have a good experience. By only having room service meals though you are missing out on dining experiences. I guess Im more used to eating solo in restaurants, I always have a book with me and I have never noticed people giving me odd looks.

On my last trip to Disneyland Paris I ate solo in Blue Lagoon now Captain Jacks and had a cocktail each night in the hotel bar.

I have also stayed at Disneyland Hotel. From your post, yes it would meet your needs BUT honestly as a solo traveller I couldn't really justify the cost. I got lucky and had a free upgrade, I had originally booked Hotel New York.

New Port does not really appeal to me. Its a huge hotel with long walks between areas. Also its at the far end of Lake Disney.

Have you checked out Hotel New York?

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

justlikeidreamedit

What about Compass Club at Newport Bay? Lovely lounge/dining area with fab afternoon tea and drinks served. Lovely atmosphere too.