Finally booked September 2018 trip! First with baby & as vegetarian!

Started by pixiedust86, September 27, 2017, 03:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixiedust86

Yay  ;D
We are so excited! We have finally booked our 4 night/5 days trip to DLP next September 24-28 2018!
Myself, my husband and our bab girl who will be 17 months old then.
We booked with magicbreaks.com as they do a free Mickey Mouse phonecall, activity book and 15% off earl of sandwich and planet Hollywood, but more importantly they get Eurostar prices early and allow you to book it now.
We will be travelling via Eurostar (from Ebbsfleet - hoping it will be quieter than St Pancras was last time!) and in standard premier for the first time!
We will be staying in a compass club room in the Newport Bay Club Hotel! And we added a premium mother so plan so we can utilise the character lunch and princess lunch and even breakfast with characters if they still do it!
It's our first time travelling with our daughter! My husband and I went in 2014 for our honeymoon trip so this will be his 2nd visit and my 6th.
We plan to start going either annually or every other year after that!

We made sure to book by October so we could get 2 nights free! With Disney express added it came to £1955.
Hope that's not excessive cz I have no idea!! We usually go for as cheap as possible but decided to splurge a bit more this time!

Xx

pixiedust86

Has anyone stayed at a compass club room or at the NBCH since it's renovation?
We've never travelled in premier on Eurostar either! Excited though!

If anyone has any tips on travelling with a 17 month old to DLP or even recommendations for restaurants with vegetarian options then that would be amazing!
So many questions!
Is it better to hire a stroller or take our own?

Xxx

SJH1979

We stayed in Newport Bay in Feb in the Compass Club.
The hotel is fantastic, clean and fresh. Always stayed in NY before, which is starting to look tired, however, NPB feels amazing. The Compass Club give you a separate reception, which is always available (or only 1 person in the queue). The guys at the reception were amazing. Took my boys to the shop, and bought pins for them. They truely did everything they could to help.
The Compass Club Lounge is very handy. Free drinks all day. Cakes in the afternoon. Breakfast is also served here.

Booked again for April. Booked the Compass Club again, as its so worthwhile.

We also book the eurostar from Ebbsfleet. So much easier, and parking is very easy. We go standard premier, as you get a small meal and drinks, and it keeps my boys occupied on the journey.

My boys are big enough without strollers now, but we have taken them before, and also hired.
I would recommend taking your own!

justlikeidreamedit

Love the Compass Club.Had never fancied Newport Bay before and had always been big fans of the Golden Forest at Sequioa but there were no rooms left when we went to book our August trip and only Lake View at Compass Club. We were so lucky and got given one of the central ones with a balcony. Likewise, only Compass Club rooms for 5 and Lake View for November so booked it again. So glad we did. It is amazing and the afternoon tea selection is lovely. Enjoy!

2bigkids2weekids

I'd definitely recommend taking your own stroller. The ones for hire look really uncomfortable and cumbersome! We took two buggies last year and padlocks for the wheels, and bought Disney fleecy blankets before we went to keep kids warm. Not sure about Eurostar but flying with easyjet it was no extra cost to bring our buggies and the kids both slept well in their own familiar things during the day for naps which gave us a welcome rest too!
Hotel New York - December 2016
Booked for Santa Fe - December 2017

pixiedust86

Such wonderful replies- thank you! Your responses have made me even more excited eeeek! Our little one already recognises photos of Mickey (photos of him we stuck up around our house of him in Disneyland), she points and says Mickey! I'm going to make sure I book Inventions (is lunch or breakfast better?), Auberge and a character breakfast so she can meet characters without long queues and we can make the most of the park in other ways then too! I think our premium vouchers cover this but may have to pay extra? I'm unsure!
Spent a while browsing menus this week and relieved to see there's one options that's vegetarian in most restaurants (almost all but not quite!) but my hubby will be happy as there's loads of seafood options! As for DD, they told me on the phone that she's too young to add a meal plan for her so looks like we may have to pay out of pocket every time for her (bit gutted at that!). Unfortunately there's a big difference between giving her a bit off our plates, when the adult meals sound so much more complex with flavours and ingredients, and getting her a kids meal of her own (tomato pasta for example)!
As for stroller, there's a lovely Disney pop up stroller online for only £50, so that may do nicely for the trip - as long as it reclines for naps! I've heard that the Disney rental strollers are very uncomfortable! Need to remember bike locks (thanks for the tip!).

Compass club sounds fab! Really excited to go! I haven't stayed at the NBC hotel since 2006!!! So I can't wait to see what's new after the refurb! It's a lake view too (we may or may not be spending a lot of time in the hotel, depending on our little one!) so wanted to choose a nice room!

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how they made up baby formula? I know there's a kettle in our room, but is the water safe to drink for a baby? If not, do they sell large bottles of water anywhere? I use a prep machine at home so going to miss that!
;D
Xxxx

polar vixen

Any buffets you eat at ie inventions. Under 3s eat for free. X

pixiedust86

Thank you Polar! That's handy to know!
I think Plaza gardens and Inventions will be the only buffets we try, but who knows?! That's good to know!

Is Inventions better for a character breakfast or is that only Plaza Gardens now?
Ive heard the Sunday brunches at Inventions are fab but we are only there Monday to Friday so wondering if there's still character dining during those days?
X

justlikeidreamedit

Re making formula. Use those little pots that you can pre measure into and then you're prepared for the day ahead. Baby care centres in both parks and the hotels will have microwaves you can warm your pre-boiled water in. I used to fill up an empty water bottle from the filter container at breakfast times. Hope that helps.

pixiedust86

Thank you!!!! Do I need to boil bottled water or is it safe to just boil tap water in France? Sorry for the questions, it's my first baby and first family holiday too! :) thank you!!!! Very helpful x

justlikeidreamedit

I would feel better using the water they serve as drinking water. There is usually a big urn or tap in the dining room. I think I bought a 2 litre bottle at the station and then when empty refilled from the dining area so that you always knew the water was safe. I used to take a small travel kettle too to boil water in the bedroom although I think you can ask for one.

justlikeidreamedit

Just a thought further to previous post. If you are in Compass Club you can get bottled water from the lounge too.

pixiedust86

vampira

We're taking our little girl (almost 17 months) for the first time this weekend. :) We're staying at the NBC hotel for the first time.
I think I would take bottled water to make the formula, even though I think the tapwater is fine if you boil it.
We are bringing our own stroller and a bike lock too. I'm also going to bring a babycarrier, but our girl loves to walk so I don't know if we'll use it a lot. 😂
One thing I'm going to bring is our girls earmuffs. I know the music at the parades and the fireworks can be quite loud, so I think it's important to protect those little ears.  ;)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

pixiedust86

Earmuffs are a great tip, I hadn't thought about that at all!!!! Great idea, thank you!!
I hope your trip was amazing 💕