Mickey Magician & Illuminations 2018

Started by pixiedust86, March 25, 2018, 08:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixiedust86

Hello  ;D
Does anyone know what (if any?) fireworks show will replace Illuminations this September? I read that it is set to end September 9th when the 25th anniversary celebrations end, but will anything replace it? I'm hoping there will still be a castle lights/water/firework show of some sort, as we are going at the end of September!

Also, I heard that Mickey and the Magician is making a comeback from the beginning of April, does anyone know if this is just temporary or will it continue throughout summer celebrations (I don't like marvel but it's Marvel summer so hoping something else will run alongside it like this!).

Thank you 😊 xx

NCC1701Q

Iluminations: I would not be surprised if it will be extended for another run, at least for whole 2018. Nothing announced yet.
Also nothing official yet. Could be both shows running, could be MatM is put on hold while the Marvel-show is performed.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Actually Mickey and the Magician has been confirmed to return from March 31st until September 2nd 2018.
The info has been on the official Disneyland Paris website for months already.
It then takes a little break and will return at the end of the year, like previous years.

Illuminations, unfortunately, isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
In theory, it's part of the 25th Anniversary Celebrations.
In reality however, it's just a new show that happened to be launched during the 25th Anniversary, just like the Stars on Parade.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

pixiedust86

Ugh that's disappointing! I was really hoping to see Mickey and the Magician after hearing everyone rave about it! I'm not a marvel fan but it happens to be Marvel Summer when we go unfortunately!
In regards to Illuminations, I was there for Dreams and it was spectacular, but I've heard nothing but grumbles about Illuminations (I'm not sure why no one likes it, I haven't seen it myself yet), but I'm glad to hear at least something will be on for closing fireworks etc when we visit. In an ideal world my daughter and mother would both see Dreams for  our trip - but that'll never happen lol! One can dream though... :)
(I think I follow DLPWonders on Twitter).

Thanks for the info to both who replied xxx

Flit

Quote from: pixiedust86 on March 26, 2018, 04:10:51 PM
In regards to Illuminations, I was there for Dreams and it was spectacular, but I've heard nothing but grumbles about Illuminations (I'm not sure why no one likes it, I haven't seen it myself yet), but I'm glad to hear at least something will be on for closing fireworks etc when we visit. In an ideal world my daughter and mother would both see Dreams for  our trip - but that'll never happen lol! One can dream though... :)

Hi there,

I loved Dreams a lot, but I also love llluminations! I know a lot of people don't like Illuminations but I thought it was a fab show and hopefully you and your family will love it too! :)

pixiedust86

Well that's a refreshing reply!! It's nice to know not everyone hates it!! I'm excited regardless and hope it's still showing when we go!!! I'm sure my mother and little one will love it either way, they didn't see Dreams. I just won't make comparisons (like people compare DLP to WDW lol so silly)!
Thank yoooou  ;D xxx