4g signal

Started by AJDisney, August 07, 2017, 01:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJDisney

Hi all,

so when I recently went to DLP, I didn't have any 4g in Paris or the park (I'm with O2). I contacted O2 when I got home and they told me they don't have a 4g partnership in France.

What phone company does everyone else use? I'm looking at getting a Sim Only month plan for when I go in September, as I'm going for longer than previous and would really like to have internet which works (the 3G on O2 was so bad!).

June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Leosawesomedad

I just got back and am also with o2, signal overall at the park was pretty poor. Inside buildings you could loose signal all together and it can take a while after you emerge to re-acquire, 4G won't help with that. My phone was skipping between 3 carriers, 2 of which gave me patchy and fairly slow 3G and the third only 2G.

My phone is 3 years old so it could be that the radio isn't as powerful as it could be but I managed to share photos to iCloud and Instagram, and use the queue time app on my phone for the most part.

I'd look into a dedicated data device like a mifi or something, and connect to its wifi. You get more data for your money than on a phone plan and the connection can be shared with multiple devices. Plus being a data only connection you should get better signal strength as it's not concerned with non data signals.

I used to travel more and always used one from Three mobile. It gave me 15GB of  a very fast 3-4G connection for £18 per month. 

Hotel Cheyenne - First ever trip - August 2017
TBC - August 2018

claire2281

I'm on EE and my signal was MUCH better than my friend who is on O2. I was getting Orange France most of the time which was giving me a decent 4G signal in much of the park. Occasional drop outs and inside buildings could be hit and miss (like it is at home tbh) but it was very usable.

I've always found EE good when abroad and tend to get a better signal than those on other networks. Of course with new roaming rules you don't have to pay separately for data used abroad now too which is good.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Leosawesomedad

That makes sense, Orange own half of EE so it makes sense that they can offer their fastest connections when abroad if Orange FR has good 4G coverage there.  With O2 I occasionally picked up Orange FR 3G but it was very patchy,

I'm due a new phone so I may consider that when I'm choosing.

Hotel Cheyenne - First ever trip - August 2017
TBC - August 2018

AJDisney

o2 don't have any partnership deal in France for 4g (so you will be stuck with 3g in the whole of France). I found it pretty unuseable in both parks, only working sometimes (even then, it would take several minutes for a page to load!). I'll try an EE sim-only deal when I go in Sept.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site